What make-up do you wear day to day?

(98 Posts)
Skinheadmermaid Fri 28-Jun-13 13:57:30

I used to be quite arty and always approached make up as a type of painting-i'm oft surprised at the number of ladies that go bare faced.
So may i ask what make up do you wear day to day?
I usually only have ten minutes to throw on a full face in the mornings so i wear :

Foundation/primer
Two concealers- one to smooth bumps and scars, the other to cover spots.
Blusher
Eyeshadow in a neutral shade ( i sadly don't have time to blend coloured ones on work days)
Black liquid eyeliner
Mascara
Lipliner
Lipstick-fushia looks best on me
I don't fill in my brows or anything as they're already really thick.

How about you, what do you wear? smile

Ooft I wear loads
Estée Lauder double wear in sand
Collection 2000 conceale
Mac powder
Mac well dressed blush
Mac in anticipation lip liner
Bobbi brown bikini pink lipstick
Urban decay naked Matt palette the taupe colour
Liquid liner
And benefit they're real mascara phew.

And that's just every day make up.

valiumredhead Fri 28-Jun-13 16:44:28

Primer
Bare minerals foundation and concealer
Max factor eye liner
Lash adapt mascara
Lip balm

karinmaria Fri 28-Jun-13 17:15:07

I love make up! My post baby routine is
Bourjois serum foundation
Bit of concealer
Powder
Blush
Browny Clinique eyeshadow
Highlighter for eyes
Black mascara

When I was working I used to do contouring on my eyes and wear primer but don't have time on mat leave!

foxysocks Fri 28-Jun-13 17:17:03

just BB cream, or a squidge of chanel vitalumiere mixed with S&G hocus focus to make it a bit more sheer.

Foundation - Soap and Glory
Concealer - S&G
Benetint
Urban Decay eyeliner and eyeshadow
Mascara - usually L'Ancome or Max Factor but currently Une
Lipstick - S&G or lipbalm Une

MAC Studio Fix foundation
Bare Minerals concealer
Bare Minerals blusher
MAC eye pencil
MAC Zoom Fast mascara
MAC Penultimate brow liner
MAC eyeshadow in 2 browns and Aquadisiac
Some sort of MAC lipstick in red or pink
Set with MAC primer

missbopeep Fri 28-Jun-13 17:47:46

Clinique SPF 40 City Block
Nars or B Brown foundation
B Brown powder blusher
B Brown creamy concealer
B Brown eye pencil
Maybelline or Lancome mascara
Chanel eye quad ( or a cheaper one from Revlon)
Eye brows- touch of brown powder eye shadow
Lippie- Rimmel Kate Moss one, or one by Boots No 7, or Clinique Lip Gloss

Every day even at my desk working from home. Makes me feel 'done' and professional.

marleebrodie Fri 28-Jun-13 17:49:39

Clinique foundation
Cheapo eyeliner on lids in a brown shade
Neutral non glitter non shine eyeshadow
Chanel mascara
Benefit liquid blush
Lipstick dependant on what I am wearing.
Takes me 5-10 minutes
Going out look just a bit more effort maybe a bit of Elemis balm under make up , more time over eyes , as I get older less is more.
Still love buying new products and colours though in the belief they will change my life.

Skinheadmermaid Fri 28-Jun-13 17:53:10

No one ever taught me wild smile i experimented a lot as a teen and watched tutorial videos online. I've had some horrifying make up looks in my time!

Skinheadmermaid Fri 28-Jun-13 17:59:41

Thanks everyone for replying! Its good to know i'm not the only one that prefers a full face. Sometimes i feel vain or even guilty putting it on as some people always bang on about natural beauty and make up feels weird and stuff. I don't wear fake tan or lashes and i bite my nails so i'm hardly a TOWIE extra. smile

FruitOwl Fri 28-Jun-13 18:03:53

For everyday:
Lacura (Aldi) concealer pen
No 7 loose powder
17 bronzing rocks as blusher in summer or Benetint
17 brow sculpting pencil
No 7 Fanomenal Lashes mascara in black.
For going out I add black liquid eyeliner and mix Benetint with Vaseline for lips.

Never takes longer than 5 mins to put on and I usually do it at my desk when I get to work <slattern alert>

Vibbe Fri 28-Jun-13 19:40:51

After moisturiser, I currently use:

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - oil free. This one is new, so just have to see how it works with my skin before I know if I'll use it in the future. So far I'm happy with it.
Diorskin Nude foundation, currently a mix of 010 and 020.
MAC Grain eye shadow (if I have more time or want a change, I'll use a golden or coppery colour or something from the Smashbox Heat Wave palette)
MAC Mystery eye shadow as liner, applied with push brush.
After curling lashes, Clinique high lengths mascara in black/brown or Le 2 de Guerlain Volume mascara in Brun 2 laque.
Catrice Eyebrow Filler tinted gel
Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick in 143 Nahema or Laura Mercier creme smooth lip colour in pink pout (current favourites)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light (either all over the face or just on the T-zone)
MAC Alpine Bronze blush - I have quite a few blushes, but this is the one I use the most at the moment.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in lightscapade as highlighter

MAC Select Sheer pressed powder for touch-ups during the day.

Takes between 5 and 10 minutes to do, and despite the amount of products, it's looking quite natural.

flossy101 Fri 28-Jun-13 19:51:55

Benefit erase paste to conceal
Benetint
Rimmel stay Matt powder
Rimmel bronzer
Benefit brow zings
Ysl faux cil mascara
Burt bees lip balm

For weekends I add Estée Lauder Double wear foundation and eyeshadow and liner

CointreauVersial Fri 28-Jun-13 22:15:18

Mineral powder
Neutral eyeshadow
Mascara
Lippy

That's it for everyday, but I will ramp up the eye makeup, add eyeliner etc for going out.

I've never owned liquid foundation, blusher, bronzer, concealer or eyebrow pencil.

biryani Fri 28-Jun-13 23:08:15

Primer.
Foundation (Marksies').
Blusher.
Powder.
Eyeshadow (cheap).
Lippy plus liner.
Nails ( Chanel Rouge Noir-the only expensive bit of kit I've got..).

blueshoes Fri 28-Jun-13 23:12:09

It is the same everyday, whatever I wear and whether for work or leisure.

Make up base
Moisturiser
Liquid foundation
Eyebrow pencil
Eyeliner, some times liquid
Cream blusher
Lipstick

As I get older, I find I can look washed out in that my brows are not as dark, skin not as taut and smooth. So need to extra boost that make up gives.

madmomma Sat 29-Jun-13 07:32:27

bit of foundation, concealer, powder, 2 blushers, brow pencil, kohl, 2 eyeshadows, mascara, undereye mascara, lipstick. But I have one of those plain, blank-canvas faces that is totally transformed by make-up. Feels criminal not to wear it when it makes me look 10 times prettier

twointhemorning Sat 29-Jun-13 08:44:08

I use Bare Minerals foundation in fairly beige, mixed with a bit of medium beige. For blusher I use Bobbi Brown in Desert Rose and some BM Warmth. Then I finish off with the BM Mineral Veil. I loathe the heavy feel of liquid foundation.

For eyes, I line upper lid in Mac eye pencil in slate (it's been discontinued, so I have been looking for a replacement & have been trying the Clarins eye pencil in grey which is more bluey-looking than the Mac one). Eyeshadow depends on my mood: BM, Urban Decay Naked2, or lately, some of the House of Colour shadows. Mascara is Clinique in black or HoC in navy. No lipstick or lipgloss, in winter some colourless lipbalm.

I consider myself someone who doesn't wear much make up, so I'm shocked at how much I do slap on. I do look subtly made up though rather than trowelled on. I tend to wear make up for work or going out, & don't bother much at weekends or holidays.

valiumredhead Sat 29-Jun-13 08:46:23

Two-I use medium beige but I think I need fairly beige. What's your skin colour if you don't mind me asking?

twointhemorning Sat 29-Jun-13 08:48:21

I use Bare Minerals foundation in fairly beige, mixed with a bit of medium beige. For blusher I use Bobbi Brown in Desert Rose and some BM Warmth. Then I finish off with the BM Mineral Veil. I loathe the heavy feel of liquid foundation.

For eyes, I line upper lid in Mac eye pencil in slate (it's been discontinued, so I have been looking for a replacement & have been trying the Clarins eye pencil in grey which is more bluey-looking than the Mac one). Eyeshadow depends on my mood: BM, Urban Decay Naked2, or lately, some of the House of Colour shadows. Mascara is Clinique in black or HoC in navy. No lipstick or lipgloss, in winter some colourless lipbalm.

I consider myself someone who doesn't wear much make up, so I'm shocked at how much I do slap on. I do look subtly made up though rather than trowelled on. I tend to wear make up for work or going out, & don't bother much at weekends or holidays.

Mainly a bit of bronzer on my cheeks.

If I'm peed off and going out I tend to put more on, my 'war paint' eases my mood slightly so that's - tinted moisturiser, bronzer, light eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipbalm and depending on how bad my mood is a really sultry lipstick - it's a real deep red.

Never 'over done' but when I wear make up I want to be striking grin

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 29-Jun-13 08:53:08

No 7 foundation
pressed powder, concealer stick and blusher.
Lancome mascara
L'Oreal Lippy

Wear that every day. For a special occasion might add a bit of eyeliner and eyeshadow in fairy neutral tones. Got absolutely slated on aibu once for being extravagant for buying No 7 !

Ashoething Sat 29-Jun-13 09:19:16

I wouldn't leave the house without make-up.

I wear-
doublewear foundation
doublewear concealer
Mua loose powder
loreal black liquid eyeliner
Mua blonde eyebrow pencil
bourjois blush-rose d'or
loreal mascara
Revlon kissable balm-I have 4 of them.

Blamenargles Sat 29-Jun-13 09:33:10

Everyday makeup
Primer
Mac studio fix foundation
Fill eyebrows with pencil and powder
Mac blusher
All different eyeshadows depending on what I fancy that day
S&G supercat eyeliner
YSL mascara
Lipstick/lip stain or balm depending on what I feel like
And I finish off with mac fix+

I do try and have a Makeup free day every now and then

MrsMeow Sat 29-Jun-13 10:59:48

MAC StudioFix powder
Collection 2000 black eyeliner - have used this for years and always go back to it.
Benefit Eyeshadow, from the little set that comes with eyeliner, tweezers etc.
Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara.
MAC powder blusher.
MAC lipstick.
Clinique Glosswear lip gloss.
Sometimes Soap & Glory 'Glow all out' highlighter to make me look a bit less dead!
HD Brows eyeshadow powder.

When I go out I use MaC StudioFix foundation as well but I just can't be arsed messing around with it on a normal day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now