A well fitting, smart/sexy and preferably push-up bra size 38A... impossible???

(863 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Thu 27-Jun-13 22:42:46

I am sooo fed up with trying to find a well fitting bra, preferably nice looking and adding a bit of "volume" in my size...
I'm starting to feel like a freak!
Am i really the only person in the world with really small breasts and a slightly larger ribcage?
Every bra I find is either too tight around my chest or has gaping cups. I need a wired one as any others leave me looking completely flat-chested.
Any suggestions of shops or online retailers would be greatly appreciated!

Try a 34 or f and a 36dd or e

TheMorgs Thu 26-May-16 07:27:54

So I'm measuring 35 and 41. I've been wearing a 40c. What should I be wearing please???

Believeitornot Thu 26-May-16 06:37:41

Yes! From a 34b to 30d sounds ridiculous but makes so much sense now I understand how to measure.

I was late to bed last night trying on the new bras and just admiring how they looked and felt blushgrin

Thank you grin

See :D it makes such a difference doesn't it!

Believeitornot Wed 25-May-16 22:10:18

So I've just tried on bras in my new size.

One word = FABULOUS

I can feel more of my boobs in the cups which I didn't notice until now. They're so comfy.

Basic eu conversion is that a 30 is a 65, 32 is a 70 and so on. Cups vary by brand so you need to look at the cups they offer and count up e.g. a g is the 9th cup size in the uk- excluding aa-so you would want the 9th in the brand you're looking at. Some brands are the same as uk with cups but others miss double letters out.

France is different again.

n0ne Tue 24-May-16 12:00:20

Oh also, dear bra gurus, could you tell my my European size? A quick Google threw up some very conflicting results, to do with whether the sizes go up by 2.54cm or 2cm increments. And that this possibly even varies by brand?! Eek!

n0ne Tue 24-May-16 11:42:33

I'm sure you've already answered this for someone else but I cba to read 800 posts - sorry! I'm 33/42 (dear God) - does that mean a 32HH / 34H??? I've been wearing a 36D for donkey's years! And where does one go about obtaining such a size? I'm not in the UK but am in EU (Netherlands). TIA!

ThunderboltandLightening Mon 23-May-16 11:46:55

I settled on 34C in the end. 32DD did fit but it felt too tight on my ribcage and was giving a big overspill around my armpit area. I am thrilled with my new size. Thank you again

Believeitornot Sun 22-May-16 19:38:20

Thanks! I'm going to get a couple of bras to try and will report back.

Sorry to jump in but I've recently lost weight and wondering if my bra size had changed (I wear 32/34C)

Fulest part is 32inches
Underneath is 29inches

TIA smile

Rollypoly100 Sun 22-May-16 17:53:48

Thanks so much. At the moment I'm wearing a 34C which is giving me a quadruple effect. Off to browse - any online recommendations?

32G/GG or 34FF/G

Rollypoly100 Sun 22-May-16 16:16:28

I'm so glad this thread has been resurrected! I am hoping you bra fitting experts can help me.

My underband measurement is 33 (or a very snug 32). Over bust is 42 (loosely). I thought I may be a 32G or 34FF but I am clueless so would really appreciate your help. Many thanks in advance.

Pretzel a 30D is designed for someone measuring roughly 30 under and 34 over so I'd expect it to be a bit big. Your measurements suggest a start point of a 28D/DD - the DD should have the same cup volume as the 30D, but might be better just because it will be held up better. The 28D is basically 1 cup smaller in volume terms.

You'll probably have most luck finding these in the "big boob" brands - freya, panache, cleo, curvy kate etc as they start at 28D in most cases

PretzelPrincess Sun 22-May-16 12:50:36

Help me too please!
Just measured and I'm 27 under bust and 32 over. Currently wearing a 30 D but the cup seems to be a bit big and I am wearing the band on the tightest hook.

I'm in desperate need of new bras! After years of pregnancy and breastfeeding I have a mish mash of sizes and my boobs have just settled and I really need new ones. Please help before I blow loads of money on the wrong sizes.

ThunderboltandLightening Sun 22-May-16 12:44:17

Thank you. Am going to go shop and see how that fits. So excited to even look at d cups!

If the band is right then the straps should just be comfortable - they won't be doing nearly as much work so shouldn't stretch as badly.

Thunderbolt that was for you.in a small band then dd isn't huge at all, it's just that the papers would have us think it is.

ThunderboltandLightening Sun 22-May-16 11:39:16

Is that my verdict statistically? I am gobsmacked if so. I thought d and e cups were for big boobs shock

Lostandinsane Sun 22-May-16 11:33:16

Me again, just wondering about shoulder straps and how they should fit. Is it the same as the back band where you should start off as loose as possible? Or should I be hoiking up the tits as much as poss?

32dd.or e

ThunderboltandLightening Sun 22-May-16 11:26:06

Just to add my boobs aren't that big. I have a wide back and not much in way of cleavage. My current 38A bras gape at cup and the band isn't as tight as you say it should be. Think i have some old 34/36B bras somewhere. Might see if they fit better...

ThunderboltandLightening Sun 22-May-16 11:21:21

Finally found my tape measure! My measurements are 31 inch under and 37.5 round my boobs. Excitedly awaiting your verdict statistically grin

Yup 30dd as a start. Basically right now your bra cups want to fall forward away from your body because the band is too loose and you are only preventing that by tightening the straps a lot.

Believeitornot Sun 22-May-16 07:30:31

So having read the blog after being forever annoyed by my boobs in a bra, I've measured.
I'm looking at a 30" under boob and 35" across the boob. So does that make me a 30DD or thereabouts? I usually wear a 34B! Which sort of fit ok, on the lowest hook setting and a bit of strap tightening. My boobs are quite saggy and flat post BF although there's more than there looks when I dangle forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now