A well fitting, smart/sexy and preferably push-up bra size 38A... impossible???

(791 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Thu 27-Jun-13 22:42:46

I am sooo fed up with trying to find a well fitting bra, preferably nice looking and adding a bit of "volume" in my size...
I'm starting to feel like a freak!
Am i really the only person in the world with really small breasts and a slightly larger ribcage?
Every bra I find is either too tight around my chest or has gaping cups. I need a wired one as any others leave me looking completely flat-chested.
Any suggestions of shops or online retailers would be greatly appreciated!

Tipsykisses Sun 14-Sep-14 13:27:14

Thank you so much for advice sorrel, I've ordered a few in the size you recommended , I will wait and see which is the best fit before ordering from the ewa michalak site .

elephanteraser Sat 13-Sep-14 22:58:18

try esprit bras, i love them, they go up to 38 and are very comfortable

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Sep-14 22:55:13

Needasilverlining The S shape is a balconette plunge type of style. Statistically is the best person to advise on EM sizing. I find that the CHP styles run similar to Cleo bras.

Basically a 65 is a 30 band, 70 is a 32 etc. I usually I order my usual size unless I've been advised that it runs small/big.

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Sep-14 22:52:17

Debenhams stock 30 bands and a few 28 bands. Their own 'Gorgeous' range get runs small in the band so a 30 might be ok.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sat 13-Sep-14 21:46:31

I am waiting for my first Ewa Michalak bra to arrive! It was dispatched 2 days ago. It's a pale pink underwired nursing bra and I am on tenterhooks hoping it fits. I ordered a 30HH but it was a bit by guess and by gosh. The bra itself was £32 but the postage was £7.

Myneaux Sat 13-Sep-14 21:33:36

Thank you...will give them a try. How common are 28/30 inch backs? Should I be able to get them from debenhams, m & s? I've only ever bought 34 before

HazleNutt Sat 13-Sep-14 21:13:09

if you can get to Bravissimo, go there - they won't laugh at you. In case you do turn out to be smaller than what they have in stock, at least they can advise you on the size and style to look for elsewhere.

Myneaux Sat 13-Sep-14 20:54:10

Can any of your bra experts help ? I desperately need some new bras after stopping BF a few months ago. Currently wearing 34B but I've just measured and should be a 30C or D...maybe even a 28 (don't have a tape measure so I've had to use a bit of string and a ruler so I'm not sure how accurate this is!)

Where is the best place to look or be fitted? I guess that if I went to bravissimo they would only have D's (am a bit worried they might laugh at me too!). I can get to leeds if that helps.

Needasilverlining Sat 13-Sep-14 20:28:28

I'm a Bra Intervention graduate from last year - droopy M&S-advised 34C to proud and yes, perky, 30DD - and I think these ladies are literally life-changers. I have so much more confidence and my clothes look miles better. Thank you again flowers

I am also a bra addict, which is also your fault. And I'm dying to try Ewa Michalak and buggered if I can work out what size and style to look at (pref push up/plunge or better yet, both. With padding). Please advise me on weird Polish sizes!

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Sep-14 20:17:33

I find that the CHP styles run about the same size wise as Panache/Cleo bras

bakingtins Sat 13-Sep-14 19:12:47

Just wanted to say thank you to the bra interventionists! I have just bought an Anita underwired nursing bra from nursingbra-shop.co.uk in a 32F and it fits perfectly. V impressed with the shop, their size guide is Mumsnet compliant and delivery free and rapid. Happy days!
The years I've spent in 36Bs...

Tipsykisses Sat 13-Sep-14 18:45:42

Sorrel I've just looked at the Cleo juna & it's lovely , I wear that style a lot .

It will be great to finally have bras that fit , I'll let you know how they fit when they come .

Tipsykisses Sat 13-Sep-14 18:40:18

It was Ewa Michalak !

I want to try the CHP Owoce lesne,
Would a 34gg fit do you think ?
I'm having trouble with the sizing & the calculator on the site it is confusing !

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Sep-14 18:35:06

Try the Cleo Juna for light padding and uplift. Ewa Michalak bras are fantastic.

Tipsykisses Sat 13-Sep-14 16:54:53

Thanks for helping phonebox & sorrel ,
I normally like an uplift bra with a bit off padding so I don't flash anything when I'm cold , I hope this will this be possible in those sizes !

I normally buy online at debenhams so I'll have a look , I also saw post which mentioned an Eva brand from abroad so I'll have a look through see if I can find it .

Can't believe I'm so way off in my size !!

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Sep-14 16:44:33

More like a 34H Tippsy

Funkychic, if 32 bands are definitely too tight (try them on back to front to check) you need to try 34DD/E

Tipsykisses Sat 13-Sep-14 16:18:31

OMG really !?!?blush

I read all about scooping so did that in my 34E and well let's just say the girls were peeping over the wall !!!

Is that why I have those fleshy bits under my arms ?
I've been so self conscious I've worn sleeves all summer .

Gosh don't know where to start !
Thanks for replying .thanks

phonebox Sat 13-Sep-14 16:04:56

Tipsy you need a much bigger cup - try 34J online as a starting point, perhaps 34K

Tipsykisses Sat 13-Sep-14 15:55:08

Can any one help ?

I've measured according to the info & I'm a 34 under & 45 over , I normally wear a 34 or 36E but I've horrible bits under my arm puts and as soon as I move around I am coming out of the top plus the dreaded back flab in some of my bras .

I've breastfed my dc so not as perky as I was but I have quite wide boobs I think .

Help !!! What size should I wear ?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 07-Sep-14 20:05:51

Libby I'm a size 8 and take a 28D, when the bands tight enough the straps don't fall down.

funkychick29 Sun 07-Sep-14 16:14:42

M&S - I did NOT have a bra fit - but I like the push-up plunge ones - they suit my boobs best.

I also tried a t-shirt one and several different plunges, including a balcony plunge. One of the plunges sat perfectly against my sternum but did nothing for enhancing my chest (I like some oomph). All of the above in a variety surrounding 34DD and yep, the one that sat perfectly was a 34DD.

I went in earlier this afternoon, after posting my original message on here.

might be a style issue then. Where did you go to try bras and what kind did you try e.g. t-shirt, full cup, plunge, etc and what brands? The middle bit not sitting flat tends to mean the cup is too small

funkychick29 Sun 07-Sep-14 15:49:59

Tried 32E and 32F - both very tight - for fun, I tried 32FF which was definitely too big in the cup.

Tried 34DD and 34E, the 34DD seems to fit best (but slightly tight) - 34E has gap in the cups.

The centre never seems to sit perfectly against my sternum... could be because of my pigeon chest but was hoping for a little reassurance.

Thanks x

what cup sizes did you try in the 32 back? Did you try 32E and 32F as that what your measurements suggest you should have tried?

In a 34 back you should have tried 34DD and 34E

funkychick29 Sun 07-Sep-14 09:45:59

Hi all

Have read the full range of posts and still slightly stuck on my bra-intervention!

Underbust - 33
Across boobs - 39 (when bent over)

32 band is definitely too tight... tried a 34DD which is slightly tight but not sure how tight is supposed to be comfortable? Also tried a 36D but after 10 mins in it, it was slightly big...

I used to wear a 38B perfectly and now that I've lost a bit of weight, my boobs have gone crazy! So decided research and a full remeasure was in order...!

Any advice Sorrell or SC?

P.S. Not a mum - aged 27 right now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now