A well fitting, smart/sexy and preferably push-up bra size 38A... impossible???

(791 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Thu 27-Jun-13 22:42:46

I am sooo fed up with trying to find a well fitting bra, preferably nice looking and adding a bit of "volume" in my size...
I'm starting to feel like a freak!
Am i really the only person in the world with really small breasts and a slightly larger ribcage?
Every bra I find is either too tight around my chest or has gaping cups. I need a wired one as any others leave me looking completely flat-chested.
Any suggestions of shops or online retailers would be greatly appreciated!

CatInWellies Fri 28-Jun-13 22:37:21

Solo how bizarre, M&S 'measured' me as a 40f as well, yet by the Bra Guru's reckonings (a few name changes ago) I should be wearing a 36G! Very different from a 34DD. Makes one wonder if they're actually doing any measuring at all...
Incidentally, my 40f bras started off comfy, but now are all kinds of wrong.

onedev Fri 28-Jun-13 22:58:06

Can I get in on this please!! I've just measured underneath & it's a 32 and then bending forward they're a 38. What would that work out as?

32E I reckon...

Yup, 32E to start with

Ooh, can I have a go? 32F onedev!
(Have I got that right?)

justkeeponsmiling Fri 28-Jun-13 23:05:00

smile liking the pun

Oh, apparently not, but nearly grin

onedev Fri 28-Jun-13 23:06:42

How does that work though as my boobs are small?? I'll definitely be going shopping tomorrow! Thanks grin

TrixyPixie Fri 28-Jun-13 23:11:45

is there a thread / ultimate guide someone can link to? or should I do my measurements and post here? (paranoid as boobs very small but very droppy, shock at the second measurement...)

AuntPepita Fri 28-Jun-13 23:13:33

Oh go on post. You will be pleasantly surprised! smile

onedev Fri 28-Jun-13 23:15:03

Pretty much the 3rd or 4th post on here tells you how to do it - that's what I did. Can't wait to try on bras tomorrow!

onedev Fri 28-Jun-13 23:16:04

Sorry, thought you meant how to measure, not how to do it discretely!

onedev, a 32E isn't huge, honestly. The media misportrays bra sizes hugely. have a look at this, this and this

Trizie, there is a blog at thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk with fitting info but seriously, just pop them up here, we've seen them all! smile

Sorry, when i say we've seen them all I mean there is NO combination of numbers which could shock us. Seriously.

onedev Fri 28-Jun-13 23:30:18

Wow - I know what you mean about the size, but from a personal perspective, it feels much less embarrassing buying (or even just trying on) a 32E as opposed to a 34 or 36A !!

Thank you again - look forward to shopping tomorrow! grin

Oh I can believe that - I'm well used to the weird looks when I pick up my bra size too.

HerrenaHarridan Fri 28-Jun-13 23:36:31

C'mon trixy post em and be intervened with grin

Did I mention I love these threads grin

Cup size is nothing without band size - saying you're a 'D' cup is like trying to tell the time with just the minute hand.

onedev Sat 29-Jun-13 00:11:11

I get the analogy but still don't understand how it works!!

Cup size is the difference between chest size and over-boob size. So, an A cup is one inch difference between under and over-bust.

harmonyuk2005 Sat 29-Jun-13 14:24:21

Hi can I have some help as well please have been reading bra threads for ages but haven't dared post! smile i'm currently wearing a 34a cup its a gossard I think, done up on tightest fitting. have really small boobs.
I've done the measurements and underneath is 30" and around (whilst leaning forward) is I think 34" but my boobs don't really have much substance! (years and years of bf) i'd love a really good fitting bra and would also appreciate some recommendations on what to buy if i'm wearing the wrong size.
Thank you very much smile

missbopeep Sat 29-Jun-13 14:45:38

You should try a 30C or a 30D, or maybe a 32C.

I measure 29-30 under bust, and 35 over- and wear a 32D in most makes.
I used to buy 34A shock.

I can just above get into a 30 inch back ( such as John Lewis own which seem generous) and very few makes do a 30.

I find M&S Limited Collection bras in the push up style ( they have a kind of shelf of foam in the cups) give lots of cleavage.

harmonyuk2005 Sat 29-Jun-13 14:47:21

I've just looked at the guide link and think i'm a 31 round now underneath, wasn't leaning forward enough? I do have a bit in my back that kinda goes in leaves a groove down my back iyswim. The measuring bit should be easy but im not 100% sure I've got the correct measurements!

harmonyuk2005 Sat 29-Jun-13 15:06:14

Thank you Missbopeep smile I've worked out how you came to that measurement now using the guide thing! Am concerned a C cup will surely just be empty?? my dd is in a C cup and her boobs are like massive compared to mine? (I suspect all my elder dd's are wearing the wrong size and will get them all to have a measure to check!)

louisianablue2000 Sat 29-Jun-13 15:14:37

I love these threads, I had my own bra intervention a few years ago when I finally went to my local fabulous bra shop and (shock horror) discovered I wasn't actually a 36C! The woman who owns it says bras for larger breasts (I'm currently wearing a 32FF feeding bra and she has just ordered me a 30G and GG to try out because I'm still losing baby weight) need to be shaped very differently to those for smaller breasts (makes sense, no way does someone with small boobs have the same overall shape as large boobs). It's much easier for M&S to make one style with larger and larger backs and cups to meet their price points that to have different ranges for those with small or large boobs.

Completely agree that some women don't believe their true size though. My Mum (who always thought she was an A cup) was shocked to be put in a 32D by my bra lady. My sister refused to be fitted and says her M&S 36C fits her fine. This is a woman with a tiny tiny waist, no way does she have a 36 back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now