Maxi dress for beach party

(7 Posts)

Ok thanks so much.
The only red herring red floral I could see there was sleeveless so although it is beautiful it won't be right for me.
The ossie clark is lovely but I am not very keen on blue, am a red/oange/purple sort of person usually.
Hotsquash: too tight around the middle for me.
I will keep looking but the Ossie Clark may still be the one! Thanks so much.

frenchfancy Wed 26-Jun-13 20:08:30

The links are to the debenhams website. First one is a red herring, the second an ossie clark and the third hotsquash (which apparently has some fabic that keeps you cool when it is really hot).

The beach is going to be really really hot and I feel like a nice swirly dress would be better (also fitted tops show little tummy rolls/bra rolls and I want to avoid that).

kelda Wed 26-Jun-13 15:00:09

I am a similar size and much prefer to wear a long, floaty skirt with a fitted t-shirt type top.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I don't seem to be able to access those pictures, can you send them in a different format (have tried through both Explorer and Firefox).

frenchfancy Wed 26-Jun-13 11:54:30

Hi, I have seen a few possibles but wondered if anyone had any ideas, for a dress for a big occasion.

It is for my 50th birthday party, which is going to be a big party on a beach in a hot country. I want something maxi and rather swirly, and really colourful and stand-outy (florals or patterns would be good), but it must have short sleeves and NOT be sleeveless (sleeveless look not great with these 50 year old upper arms). I am a size 12-14 (hoping very much a solid 12 by the time of the party, I have two months to get there!). Short with big boobs, will be wearing it with flat shoes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now