MN vogue vol 14

(1000 Posts)
QueenCadbury Mon 24-Jun-13 22:22:02

Following on from vol 13

shopafrolic Thu 04-Jul-13 16:19:57

me

Hi everyone, great man pics-yum!

I am not syncing-should I feel left out grin

Just at hairdressers on phone so haven't checked all the links but Foxy I love the shorts and Novice the maxmara dress is beautiful, will look amazing on you.

Anna sale preview today and tomorrow, just a few doors away from the salon I'm in-very dangerous, I have already spotted a navy silk Acne maxi in the window...

I am wearing black h&m shorts with a comptoir vest top, knitted on front and printed silk back on it, kind of orange and cream mosaic pattern. Gold studded Ash sandals. Had DD's sports day this morning and I won the mum's sprint <modestly polishes medal> - blimey it gets competitive grin!

Who is going to start new thread ?

I think we have different ideas of cheap dry grin my entire outfit today is made up of leopard print skinnies that cost three pounds, a one pound fifty vest and a four pound cardigan blush

I only want one think for Autumn/Winter - a very expensive French handbag.

That said I have a few vouchers stashed, so will get a few bits and bobs with those.

Eddie Redmayne ! Henry Cavill! Javier Bardem........just googled British lions in team trunks to link but it's all got a bit much........need a lie down and a cup of Lady Grey would be a G and T but it's not 4 yet

I'm Wearing a very cheap outfit of fav orange long vest over khaki skinnies and snakeskin gladiator sandals with jewels.....quite nice and prob didn't cost me more than £50 all in.

I've just e-mailed Dp demanding that he brings me pastries home. I've been craving them for days so I think it's time to give in. It is funny that we all seem to be syncing, i thought that only happened to women who lived together!

libertychick Thu 04-Jul-13 15:04:18

Sod A/W I have just bought slim cut white chinos in M&S!!! Can't find on website to link. Danger is that I am in that phase (lasts about 3 days) where I think I am flippin' gorgeous man....I usually run screaming from white trews of any shape.

Grumpy shock at HMRC - they sent me a request for VAT recently that was totally wrong. Such a pain.

Hilarious that we are synching! Imagine if the MU had been last Saturday - could have been dangerous grin

QueenC I can't see your white cardi link but I don't like the idea of a white cardi...I used to share your fear of jackets but the Lena has totally converted me to jersey blazers - as comfy/warm as a cardi and so much smarter looking.

shopafrolic Thu 04-Jul-13 14:57:50

Some good ideas here for AW thanks - I'm syncing with you all too - how odd!
I'm going to need an Autumn coloured blazer - marine navy or brown perhaps - think I'll wait to see what Whistles bring out as my cream Leni has been good.
And am in desperate need of a belt was hoping this one would go on sale but it hasn't. I should go into the belt making business - lots of money to be made.

Decameron Thu 04-Jul-13 14:52:38

How about this, QueenC?

Decameron Thu 04-Jul-13 14:50:52

I forgot to admire that pink dress, Novice, it's gorgeous.

I think she will love them, Anni.

Looks like a good basic, QueenC and you could wear it belted.

I've decided I am over summer clothes and moving on to AW13 too!

- Black Marc by Marc Jacobs Natasha bag or red LK Bennett Kelly bag
- Black or navy knee length coat, would like Burberry but the saving is going nowhere
- Grey Frame jeans
- Silver ballet flats
- Navy lace top and pink stripey cashmere jumper from Boden, ordered it in the preview
- Me & Em black leggings, stretchy pencil skirt and cream and black jumper

Which means I'd better stop buying summer clothes and save for all that.

Annianni Thu 04-Jul-13 14:45:40

All saints boots are lovely
But quite high (for me)

Will have a proper try on later.

I think you'd be far better with a blazer. Even though I like the cardi, it looks a bit see through for the look it's going for. I think it would be nicer if the material was a bit more substantial. Could you stretch to ordering both a cardi and blazer and seeing which one works best with the things you want to wear it with?

QueenCadbury Thu 04-Jul-13 14:42:27

That's why I think I like it one- it looks like a blazer but is actually a cardi. Do I need to get over my fear of blazer/jackets?

QueenCadbury Thu 04-Jul-13 14:41:14

mrsR thanks. Pity I don't like any of those colours as they're a bargain. I shall keep my eye out though for aw cords from them. I wish the J crew were opening in October in time for my London visit. I'm also desperate to visit uniqlo as people seemed to rave about their cords last year.

Its nice but tbh, I think you could do better and it kinda looks like it can't decide if it's a blazer or a cardi IYSWIM

QueenCadbury Thu 04-Jul-13 14:38:10

mig's going to Germany tomorrow.

What do people think about this cardigan. Be honest as I'm not too sure myself but I have been pinning a lot of white jackets lately which would be a useful addition to my wardrobe. However I have a fear of jackets and much prefer a cardi.

santamarianovella Thu 04-Jul-13 14:35:37

foxy yoga bunny. And is this the balenciaga bag you said you like?
Great dress one,

paris those are awesome!,

Yes MrsR same name on pin, I don't think I'm following you either, I'll follow you when you find me.

Has anyone heard from mig and know how she's doing?

MrsRadicchio Thu 04-Jul-13 14:25:05

Bit late to the party but thought I would link to my eye candy board for Grumpy...always looking to add to it.

Foxy I think chinti and parker (their own webiste and nap) have got star jumpers on sale.

One I am not sure I am following you on pin. Are you under your MN name?

QueenC can I recommend JCrew's cords - they do a straight leg pair. matchstick cords

Liberty I will bring the goldsigns!

QueenCadbury Thu 04-Jul-13 14:00:51

You're on foxy!

I'm forever in black! One of the local children calls me 'vampire lady' grin

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Thu 04-Jul-13 13:56:48

One I Think black and dark grey look v chic in summer.

foxysocks Thu 04-Jul-13 13:54:50

where/what is the yoga bunny tee, santa?

yes queenc there is on on the walk from our house to DD school! cue much excitement on monday morning. it's at the entrance to the cricket ground, come over to see it then pop in and i'll make you a cuppa brew

shop yes I have a board and a vague plan!

green honeycomb knit - boden
leopard pointy flats - boden!
star print top
navy jumper - maybe cashmere and/or patterned
pink jumper - ditto navy above, or maybe the tippi
grey jumper - maybe the cashmere uniqlo v neck
sunglasses! mine on last legs, love sunnies in winter
grey and black l/s thermal tops - uniqlo
fur gilet
black/grey bag - probs will club all birthdaychristmas money in to buy this in dec

It is isn't queenC made all the better that it was dirt cheap grin

QueenCadbury Thu 04-Jul-13 13:52:04

one that dress is gorgeous!

This thread is not accepting new messages.