MN vogue vol 14

(1000 Posts)
QueenCadbury Mon 24-Jun-13 22:22:02

Following on from vol 13

LinusDKD Tue 25-Jun-13 13:11:43

Thanks shop. I'm a 37 in Pretty Ballerinas but a 38 in other brands so now I don't know what size to go for.

I am tempted by the red quilted ones, although the animal print ones are pretty too. But as I am an animal print virgin I think I need to try it one before I buy. Maybe when we are in NY in a couple of weeks time I'll try and find the Madewell ones everyone is mad about.

LinusDKD Tue 25-Jun-13 13:18:50

I have just checked what size I am in LK Bennett (found a lovely pair of high heels I used to wear in the office many years ago) and I am a 38.

Oh, also unearthed a gorgeous pair of Alaïa flats I bought at a massive discount years ago. They are black suede in his trademark lace cutout design. I need to have them resoled but I am afraid the cobbler might ruin them as they are so delicate.

LinusDKD Tue 25-Jun-13 13:24:58

Ordered the red quilted in a 38 whilst DS is snuggling on my lap. grin

foxysocks Tue 25-Jun-13 13:32:47

yes i think amber's zebra shirt is equipment. swoon worthy.

CE cargos are absolutely LOVELY. the 24s fit me perfectly - low and snug on hip, loose through leg, no saggy bottoms wink. SO soft, colour great, could wear them with so so so much.

but the price! fark. need to think seriously about the price, they are about twice my original cargo budget. but am pretty sure if I return they'll be sold again immediately as already 50% off.

foxysocks Tue 25-Jun-13 13:36:19

oh and there's an extra 25% off all sale on shopbop for three days - code EXTRA25

shopafrolic Tue 25-Jun-13 13:44:45

Foxy if it enables in any way I've worn my cargos at least once a week since I got them.
Question. My Dagmar replacement sweater has arrived from NaP. The Dagmar fabric label is hanging off, and there is the tiniest club mark on the back. I'm thinking I need to call them AGAIN and complain. WWYD?

foxysocks Tue 25-Jun-13 13:51:23

I would call them shop. you are paying premium, the product and service should match that. i did exactly same with the j crew jacket and tbf to NaP they were great with the probs I had and refunded me with no issues. get them to do a quality check on the next one before it's sent out.

thanks for the enable grin. i think i need to chat to DH as it's a bigger purchase than i had envisaged. will do so when he's home tomorrow (away AGAIN with work <rolls eyes>)

carrie74 Tue 25-Jun-13 13:54:36

Hello All, [waves]

It moves so fast in here, I can't keep up. Have been quite busy with PTA event (am Treasurer), as well as work, our anniversary, DS's birthday.....

Anyway, am after some advice from the experts smile.

Placed an order with Baukjen last week, the Drew dress and the Rosamunde dress.

The first one was a disaster, but it was the one I thought would be great, so quite disappointing. But the second one I can't get out of my head (delivered on Saturday). The problem with it is the shoulders - its tendency is to go off the shoulder on one side which makes it harder to wear. I can only think it'll be good for nights out, but since we don't have loads of those (and I already have a couple of go-to outfits for that), can I justify it? I also have quite a surfeit of navy dresses blush. And I'm waiting for the Me & Em sale (will it EVER start?!?).

So, wise Voguettes, do I keep it since I can't stop thinking about it, or does it go back??

santamarianovella Tue 25-Jun-13 13:58:27

shop love the links,and the DB jacket is bargainous !
linus dd suffers from eczema,and I use eucerin ,smells horrid but very effective.

My NAP order arrived and I loooove the James Perse dresses,and this jcrew sweater. Is a keeper.

And that's concludes my summer sales purchases.

foxysocks Tue 25-Jun-13 13:59:05

hola chica! <waves madly>. i vote for send it back. you DO have a lot of navy dresses and as you say, wearing options are limited if it's a more dressy dress. i also think it's still quite a lot for a viscose dress. save your cashish for me&em or an outnet special - there have been lots of fab drapey dresses on their recently.

foxysocks Tue 25-Jun-13 14:02:33

that was to carrie!

santa that sweater is super cute. love. i hear you on sales purchases - have j crew parka and (maybe) current/elliott cargos so far. still have half an eye on the SL arty <sends further reduction vibes to NaP>

i like the advice on amber's blog and DMBL40 when they are buying two or three really special pieces rather than tons in the sales. that suits me well.

shopafrolic Tue 25-Jun-13 14:03:30

Wooo hooo carrie overentusiastic wave. Send it back (as it will drive you nuts when you wear it - even more so if you don't get out much) and hold out for Me&em sale.
foxy you're a star. £30 credit from NaP and replacement jumper for third time lucky attempt!
Great sweater santa

LinusDKD Tue 25-Jun-13 14:17:19

shop I would complain, at those prices it needs to be perfect.

Lovely jumper santa! Looks really cozy and luxurious.

Carrie I would send it back as well.

I just tried on the Grecian dress and the colour is sooo lovely one me. The skirt part of the dress does make my hips look quite wide but hopefully that won't be a problem anymore when I've lost weight.

carrie74 Tue 25-Jun-13 14:26:16

OK, you've convinced me (and have now made a Pin board of all the things I'm keeping my eye on for the Me&Em sale, which includes a similar dress, but without the sloping top, so could even wear for work). Me&Em sale board

Thank you for the wisdom grin.

Back to work now, but will catch up properly soon (although can't pretend I'll be able to respond to loads of posts!).

QueenCadbury Tue 25-Jun-13 15:11:42

carrie I agree, send it back. It pained me initially to return a top yesterday that I loved, but like you would only wear it out which doesn't happen enough to justify.

foxy if you'll wear them enough then keep them

shop glad you returned. Whatever you pay for something it should arrive in perfect condition.

I've been spring cleaning (my cleaner comes tomorrow to do the regular clean). Oh my goodness, my dc are filthy pigs! I've been moving furniture around in the playroom and blush at the festering debris underneath stuff. I may have to ban them from eating in there!

mignonette Tue 25-Jun-13 15:15:05

Santa Love the sweater. Reminds me of the 'Ginsberg is God' sweaters of last decade. Think that is what probably inspired this trend.

Carrie My favourite is the first stripey dress I am afraid. It has some unusual styling details that really make it stand out for me. But send the other one back if you already have a lot of navy dresses. It has to be super special other wise it'll be one amongst many.

LinusDKD Tue 25-Jun-13 15:25:31

Poor DS, he really isn't feeling well. He still has a fever and complains about a pain in his mouth. I can't see anything but a friend has just texted me saying her DS (who goes to the same nursery as DS) has hand, foot and mouth disease and the symptoms really sound like what DS has.

He does have some bumps on his hand and feet that don't look like chicken pox so maybe that's it. It would be typical he has chicken pox and now this at the same time.

santamarianovella Tue 25-Jun-13 15:27:50

carrie another vote for sending it back,

* foxy* I agree, buying two special and transitional pieces is much better than buying lots of things that u don't really need,your parka is a wise purchase, so far we had nothing but miserable weather.

linus an Alaia flats is on my wish list, and of course a Valentino studded flats , but they are both beyond what I would pay for shoes, even in sales!

shop that is great,NAP customer service is impressive.

mignonette Tue 25-Jun-13 15:35:29

Unfortunately these 'childhood' diseases do often follow one another Linus. That might explain the fresh outbreak of vomming after he appeared to start to pick up. Can you get him checked over if it doesn't abate by tomorrow? Loads of ice lollies will help any oral soreness. Poor both of you sad...

santamarianovella Tue 25-Jun-13 15:40:14

linus your poor Ds! First it's chicken pox and now HFMD.

Shop glad things are better.....amazing how therapeutic a trip to the tip can be! Links are v naughty.........I looooove the FS red quilted, linus good choice. And bet Does my Bums cross her MB leather jacket has been reduced.
Gwen love the word "stout", almost as much as I like the word "snug" .
QueenC that's disappointing about your day in reception....

I've been looking at my SS purchases and have a heros and villains list.
My heroes are:
this
this
this
All items I fell in love with,felt a bit/ very naughty about but really love a lot. Bella and the leather jacket have had a lot of wear and I feel fantastic in them . Nancy,hopefully will be the same gave her a hug before I went to work today,saddo, put a smile on my face
Runners up are:
these
this, so useful
this,love the colour
make me feel glam with jeans
All useful basics I've worn at least once a week.
Luckily my villains are all cheap so not the end of the world I guess .

Anyone else have favourites/clangers?

Oh I suppose the biggest villain......the only one ill admit to, was the red necklace of doom grin...Gwen you missed that lovely!wink

And MN HQ when will we get a champagne "congratulations" glass?

tennis tennis tennis tennis tennis tennis grin

mignonette Tue 25-Jun-13 16:31:58

Dry

Excellent idea for a post. Those Dottie P sandals look super luxe. a really great buy.
Here are mine-

Heroes

this Merci bag is still in its early days but it's looking good for hero status;
these Clarks desert boots were from a year ago but i will love and wear them with an Indigo jean/black pant forever;
might not go with the boots above but indispensable for all occasions and sod fashion, i'll wear these all year every year;
skirt from The Kooples. Not as difficult a colour as you'd think;
cheap as chips T from New look. Love it so much I returned to buy another;
makes me feel good;
sandals;
espadrilles cheap as chips too and I bought them in striaght black too;
skirt from Atterley Road sale. shaping up well;
basic cropped straight pant from classic Italian company. Makes amazing Parkas too for all those parka fans. Just need a Vespa or Aprilla to go with!
surprisingly chic for a High St clutch;
perfect with a jean;
a dream of a dress and will last forever (I hope);

Coming Up From Behind

coat in pink for next season;
sloppy sweater;
weekend bag by Harris Tweed/Next;
yellow skirts are my thing...
favourite smart day to evening dress.

What I am working on now is a list of gaps to be filled in my wardrobe and a request for assistance with!

santamarianovella Tue 25-Jun-13 16:47:22

dry, I want a jumping with joy smiley !

I have started following your boards ,your Heroes list looks amazing, my fave is the bella dress .very pretty.

My list includes:
jacket.

shirt.

tee.

dress lovely as it is or teamed with a leather jacket or a trench ,

flats. They make me smile whenever I wear them!

My biggest disappointment is this awful pair of denim, I swear a primark pair would have been a better purchase.

This thread is not accepting new messages.