Phase Eight Dove Dress - tights and shoes?

(31 Posts)
HesneyChalks Sun 23-Jun-13 11:02:45

I have bought this dress www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Phase+Eight+Dove+print+dress/D408421,default,pd.html?isVariantRedirect=true

It is for an infant teaching infant I have next week.

What colour tights and shoes would work best with this? I will need to be in flats because of the interview really - don't want to fall on my arse mid lesson!

I did have another thread about which dress to get but now I am in need of more help!

LeoandBoosmum Wed 26-Jun-13 17:30:38

Yay! Well done smile Really pleased for you! wine

KnittedWaffle Tue 25-Jun-13 22:38:08

Congratulations! smile

hollyisalovelyname Tue 25-Jun-13 17:46:54

Delighted for you Hesney.
DN has decided when she is a partner in her firm she will decree that tights need not be worn. Though Kate Middleton, unfortunately, succumed to the nude tights diktat. Agh!!!

Fantastic - well done! smile

Holly - I guess it's no different to 'professional' men wearing trousers, rather than shorts in a business context though. Must admit, I go for hold-ups when it's really warm but I'd rarely do bare legs.

Pinkflipflop Tue 25-Jun-13 16:34:13

Brilliant! Well done flowers

Congratulations! I have that dress for work and wear it with nude tights and black heels!

HesneyChalks Tue 25-Jun-13 15:39:36

I got the job grin!

It must have been the dress and shoes that swung it for me wink

Thanks for all your help!!

hollyisalovelyname Tue 25-Jun-13 09:46:56

Remus I think it is a shame that women are 'forced' to encase their legs in a man made, sweat inducing fabric in summer to look professional. I just wish it were not the case.

KnittedC Tue 25-Jun-13 06:00:22

Gorgeous dress. I'd wear it with no tights and a bright pair of flats-either turquoise or orange (as someone suggested above). Good luck with the interview!

BeanoNoir Tue 25-Jun-13 03:54:45

Just wanted to say, I love that dress.

LeoandBoosmum Tue 25-Jun-13 03:33:13

Could you cope with a kitten heel... I think that would look really nice (no tights though)
Something like this:
In the champagne pink shade:
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Heels/AR567-DPN/Womens-Champagne-Pink-Pointed-Mary-Janes.html
Or similar in flats. The orange would look really nice...
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Shoes/AR556/Womens-Pointed-Slingbacks.html
I hope you get it btw!!! Keep us posted.

Champagnecharleyismyname Mon 24-Jun-13 22:27:24

Good luck! Perfect dress, you will be fab..

HesneyChalks Mon 24-Jun-13 22:20:18

Thank you! Am seriously nervous now, I really want this job!

Good luck! smile

janmoomoo Mon 24-Jun-13 16:47:45

I have that dress too, it is my favourite work dress. Good luck with the interview. For future reference, Primark do these fabulous crop tops (two for four pound) which I wear over my bra and they mean you dont have a line where the bottom of your vest top sits. I wear this dress with tan mary-jane shoes and nude tights.

HesneyChalks Mon 24-Jun-13 16:23:36

And yes, it is a faux wrap with a zip on the side....v flattering smile

HesneyChalks Mon 24-Jun-13 16:23:08

Thanks everyone! I picked up the dress today and will have to wear a cami with it! I think it's because I'm more pear shaped it fits on my bottom half but alas my own norks don't fill the upper half!!grin

Pink - thanks for the good luck wishes, it is do half at the moment with jobs isn't it? Loved those shoes btw, I went for some navy pumps for Kurt Geiger in the end.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow now! At least I look the part.wink

JennySense Mon 24-Jun-13 15:52:21

I've got that dress too! And like the poster above found I could wear it without a camisole despite my huge norks.
I wore nude shoes and a silver bag for accessories. I'm sure I've seen it with tan brogues which looked good too.

Arisbottle Sun 23-Jun-13 14:21:03

Although maybe that is a bit much for primary .

Arisbottle Sun 23-Jun-13 14:20:23

I have that dress for work, I wear it with nude pumps from LK Bennett.

ifancyashandy Sun 23-Jun-13 14:13:47

Not in my industry. You'd look old fashioned.

I think going to an interview without tights/stockings might look a bit unprofessional, no?

Old fashioned or not, I still like navy and red! smile

Cute two tone flats might work?

These are nicer irl

Pinkflipflop Sun 23-Jun-13 11:53:28

Is that dress a faux wrap?

I'm tempted!

KnittedWaffle Sun 23-Jun-13 11:36:58

I love this dress! I am 5 months postnatal after DC3 and it is so flattering - I actually look like I have a waist smile

I wore it for a keeping in touch day at work at an important networking event 2 weeks ago, with m & s nude ladderproof tights and nude shoes. I also wore a chunky-ish silver necklace with it.
I didn't find I needed a vest with it and I am a 32J - it was lovely to find a dress that showed no cleavage.

Good luck with the interview!

*disclaimer - I am not a style guru like some of the ladies on here but I do ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now