Is this dress really 'mumsy'

(63 Posts)
TheEarlOf Sat 22-Jun-13 17:41:42

http://www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=92893&vid=1&pid=000351465001

Would this dress age me prematurely?? (I'm in my 20s...)

KinNora Sat 22-Jun-13 19:50:08

Tragically unable to speak as a twenty year old (that ship is a mere dot on the horizon) but I have that dress in blue, it's completely un-mumsy and very flattering, aaaaannnd my sister (size 8, and spectacularly glamorous ) bought it too ( independently - we don't copy each othe ). Have had loads of compliments on it.

<goes off in a huff>

ProphetOfDoom Sat 22-Jun-13 19:52:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 22-Jun-13 19:53:46

blue is lovely.

put the pic upgrin

KinNora Sat 22-Jun-13 20:48:02

<looks down top to see if I have a 'kick-ass' figure, concludes more like a 'drag-ass' figure>

TheEarlOf Sat 22-Jun-13 21:36:46

Ok, i've put the photo up. I'll take it down at 10ish beacuse I am super paranoid of being found on here <looks shifty>

TheEarlOf Sat 22-Jun-13 21:38:04

I appreciate all comments - even if negative!

sarahandduck Sat 22-Jun-13 21:39:35

I have the grey one and its fab.....I'm 5'2 and it's a perfect length, looks good and I get lots of compliments whenever I wear it. I love it.

cassell Sat 22-Jun-13 21:46:11

I've looked at the pic and while I'm guessing you're slim that dress doesn't do you any favours. It looks a bit like a sack (sorry) and doesn't have any proper shape. I think drawstring waists often look frumpy because they rarely give a nice shape and seem to emphasis any lumps.

TheEarlOf Sat 22-Jun-13 21:51:49

cassell I have a bit of extra padding but I would say I'm normal c. size 10

ProphetOfDoom Sat 22-Jun-13 21:59:13

EleanorFarjeon Sat 22-Jun-13 22:03:58

I think it's for the very tall and very slim only as it's a difficult shape to carry off.

KinNora Sat 22-Jun-13 22:05:33

I think you look really rather elegant in a Grecian way (get me) but it looks like it slightly swamps you.

I'm also wondering if it's more flattering to those of us with substantial frontage.

primallass Sat 22-Jun-13 22:05:38

I love it Earlof.

Sorry no, does nothing for you - baggy & drab

FishCalledWonder Sat 22-Jun-13 22:29:46

Looks like it swamps your lovely slim shape. Sorry, not a fan.

I saw my friend wearing this the other day, with white converse, cropped denim jacket and a couple of big bangles. She looked sooooo good in it.

She is however, very very petite, has amazing black hair and is very pretty.

Herhonesty Sat 22-Jun-13 22:34:45

I think there is a reason it's in the sale. Sorry.

God sorry OP, I dodnt realise you had posted a picture of it. I cant see it, but didnt mean to imply that YOU were not pretty etc!!!! I am sure you are. I just meant that in relation to me (fat and ugly), she looked great.

TheEarlOf Sat 22-Jun-13 22:49:20

Paulapantsdown don't worry! I have taken the picture down hence why it's disappeared! I think I shall sleep on it then try it on again tomorrow and maybe return it. I think there's so much material beacuse I bought an S (it being the only size in the shop - as it's on sale) and S in gap is more a M in other shops hence the excess material

I missed it! Only keep if you think you'll wear it, £20 wasted otherwise and there are lots of other bargain maxis smile

TheEarlOf Sun 23-Jun-13 13:41:38

browneyedpixie I've put it up temporariy while I go to the shop to see if I can find it in another colour (plus I can get an extra 20% off it today)

agh i can't see it?

primallass Sun 23-Jun-13 15:24:28

It's funny that the response has been 'no' because that dress is raved about on other threads in S&B.

TheEarlOf Sun 23-Jun-13 17:52:01

I've put the pic up again, can you see it now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now