should threading hurt like a bitch???!!!

(41 Posts)

I posted on here a week or so ago regarding my nasty brows and decided to go to have them threaded and dyed.
never again!
agonizing does not even begin to describe where im coming from.
quite frankly id rather stick my head in a deep fat fryer than go through that ever again.
should it have hurt that much?

EMUZ Sat 22-Jun-13 19:04:34

I find it stings a little but not too bad. Usually do my own brows and upper lip. You can get anti bacterial thread which seems to stop any spots on mine

MerryMarigold Sat 22-Jun-13 19:07:35

It's got nothing on having upper lip threaded. Specially when they go and get those eeny weeny nose hairs in the bottom of your nose. Oweeeee, tears galore.

AnnoyedAtWork Sat 22-Jun-13 19:10:00

Is it easy to do it yourself? Like do you need to get trained? or you can look it up on YouTube? Where do you get the thread from?
I could save myself a lot of time and money (even though it's only £5)

KneeDeepInDaisies Sat 22-Jun-13 19:12:15

Also when they do my chin and there's always a few hairs in a vertical line under my lip.

A friend asked me if she could have her bikini line threaded. My face was shock.

grin

KneeDeepInDaisies Sat 22-Jun-13 19:12:52

Or do I mean horizontal?

BrianTheMole Sat 22-Jun-13 19:15:38

Its not that bad. It hurt a bit the first time but it gets better. And the results are worth it.

PiratePanda Sat 22-Jun-13 19:15:54

Threading really shouldn't hurt that much, no.

yesbutnobut Sat 22-Jun-13 19:41:47

If you go to someone who does it all the time rather than someone straight out of beauty college then it should be over very quickly and not painful. I go to an Indian lady and she is so fast and efficient. It's definitely worth a few seconds of discomfort.

well a friend of mine reckons the lady she gos to doesn't hurt and another friend went to someone who actually drew blood?
surely that's not right.
it actually felt like she kept catching my skin and yanking it.

EMUZ Mon 24-Jun-13 05:04:29

I taught myself via YouTube grin
Thread you can just use normal cotton or Sally's beauty supplies sell it

AnnoyedAtWork Mon 24-Jun-13 06:26:36

Ok - chaaaalllenge accepted! grin

OOAOML Mon 24-Jun-13 11:24:56

I found it horrendous, the woman looked at me as if there was something wrong with me when tears started running from my eyes. Never tried it again so no idea if it gets better.

It seems I am not the only one. The beautican started to thread my eyebrows, I almost hit the roof in pain! shock I made her switch to wax. Threading is off limits for me now!!

Ashoething Mon 24-Jun-13 16:39:19

See the first time I got it done I didn't find it too bad but every time since then it has been agony! There is one lady who is very good though and she only makes me tear up a little bit so I try and go to her. A few of the others I nearly had to ask them to stop as it was so painful!

BoomChicaBoom Mon 24-Jun-13 19:38:34

Threading hurts like fuck!!

Normally have them waxed and my usual waxer was on holiday so I thought I'd give threading a go at one of those eyebrow bars where you just turn up and wait. Worst mistake I've ever made, me in the middle of a busy department store with tears running down my face (and a bit of mascara too blush ) trying not to say 'ow!'

Don't know if it was the sadist threader but I've definitely been put off for life, it's like she was pulling out every single hair as slowly as possible!!

Primadonnagirl Mon 24-Jun-13 19:56:05

Threading doesn't hurt me but waxing does! Plus threading doesn't leave me red and bumpy ...it takes days for me to recover from waxing. I've also had my eyelids torn with waxing...not a pretty sight..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now