what do you think of this dress?

(24 Posts)
Laska42 Tue 18-Jun-13 19:23:00

this Have just bought it in the sale...

Sorry, I don't like the colours, the style is ok.

BaDaBing Tue 18-Jun-13 19:27:07

Sorry, but that's awful.

Laska42 Tue 18-Jun-13 19:27:56

its the little sleeves I'm wondering about, I think I like it .. ( oh what a ninny!)

Coconutty Tue 18-Jun-13 19:28:50

I'm not keen on the length or the thick stripes tbh. Does it look better on, maybe?

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 18-Jun-13 19:31:42

I can't wear maxi dresses, as I think they look like they are drowning you unless you are at least 5'10". If you are v tall and gorgeous you might pull it off, but otherwise I think there are probably better options out there for the same money

Laska42 Tue 18-Jun-13 19:35:37

actually , im probably silly for asking, I know because we are all so different.and like different styles ,

It looks fine on and I'm a 5'6 sz 10 , I think that its the cap sleeves that are not my usual thing but, . im going on holiday this weeks and was thinking beach.. (perhaps its a bit expensive for beach , (I certainly wouldn't have bought it full price.

Anyone got any other beach dress ideas?

NandH Tue 18-Jun-13 19:45:18

Not my kind of thing, but everyones different smile

It's not for me, sorry - but if it suits you and you like it, go for it.

MerryMarigold Tue 18-Jun-13 19:50:26

I think it's v expensive for what it is. You probably have the most ideal figure for it though. I like the sleeves a lot.

Tweet2tweet Tue 18-Jun-13 19:54:25

Ooh no, take it back. It will date very quickly and looks like it was from a Supermarket. Sorry.

NachoAddict Tue 18-Jun-13 19:58:12

Really don't like it sorry. I do like the crochet one linked to above.

frenchfancy Tue 18-Jun-13 19:59:48

I think it is really nice for the beach. But personally I would shorten it. I like all of it except the length.

It looks like a cheap supermarket beachy dress, rather than £54 reduced from £90. As a cheap supermarket beachy dress it's inoffensive enough (and you won't burn your shoulders) but as it is it's overpriced.

Fillyjonk75 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:09:11

For stripey maxis I prefer the ones I got from Gap:

blue maxi

white maxi

I don't think you have to be 5'10" to wear a maxi dress - though I did have to take the two above up a bit. I'm not quite 5'8" and size 12/14 and have had a lot of compliments about these dresses. I think the white one looks better if you have a bit more colour than the model though!

Fillyjonk75 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:12:12

I've worn both those to the beach, for school run and in the evening on holiday. Look nice with a little cardi, can dress up or down with shoes/accessories.

justanuthermanicmumsday Tue 18-Jun-13 20:15:49

I don't think you have to be tall either, besides long dresses and skirts only option for me conservative family that was the norm. I'd never wear short now just so used to wearing long.

i like the dress and since you're quite tall and slim I'm sure it'll look great on you. Especially on the beach

Laska42 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:16:36

Gap one are nice ( and v cheap ) sadly no Gap near me. and im off day after tomorrow .

but thanks , I will think again about the Laura Ashley one,, it is expensive. though the fabric weight and texture is nice,,.

though maybe as it seems to be not popular , i should take it back now and wait for it to be further reduced !! grin

Fillyjonk75 Tue 18-Jun-13 20:18:27

Gap deliver if you have time on your side. The dresses are a nice thick cotton, have washed well and even though they are heavier than some wafty summer dresses didn't feel too hot in Turkey when in was 25 - 30C.

viennahoneymoon Tue 18-Jun-13 20:27:05

I like the last picture of the dress! the necklace, the open sandals, the bag etc it shows how it could work. l'm sure you look great in it! Have a fantastic holiday thanks

Amazinggg Tue 18-Jun-13 22:20:31

I really like it! I'm clearly in the minority though. Might have to head up to LA myself and try it on if they have it in my tiny local one.

EliotNess Tue 18-Jun-13 22:22:34

god its not that bad, the stripe.

if you put it in boden people would buy it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now