The waiting for the Zara sale thread

(105 Posts)
EliotNess Sun 16-Jun-13 14:56:39

here

form a queue

charitygirl Wed 26-Jun-13 20:47:27

Update! Brown kimono actually great - looks like silk, great length and drape. Is going to look brill with denim and twill trousers, and, though I shouldn't...with shorts.

It's not really a solution to my jacket needs tho.

threepiecesuite Wed 26-Jun-13 09:00:43

I bought this dress in the sale in-store in Zara on sat. Wore it to an occasion Sun and everyone admired it. Had to make an alteration under the arm as one of the shoulders was a bit loose.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EldonAve Tue 25-Jun-13 00:16:30

trafaluc is the yoof section

EliotNess Mon 24-Jun-13 23:23:39
EliotNess Mon 24-Jun-13 23:21:59

Wtf is trafaluc btw

EliotNess Mon 24-Jun-13 23:21:39

I got the trainers. Yay. And some tan kid heel "blocky sandals" that were nice but I don't need. Have ordered some black courts with gold toe cap instead

belledejour Mon 24-Jun-13 22:40:53

Ooh I have ordered the vile 1970s quilted jacket in two sizes (such is my love for it) as wasn't sure which one would fit in the trafaluc range and it should be arriving tomorrow...then went into one of the stores on Sat and bought two more, one white jacquard (a la Susie Soso), one Isabel Marant-ish blue one...now have to work out which one to keep cue furrowed brow & angst-ridden features
I agree -didn't think discounts were much cop.
People often rave about Mango then when I go in there I am always so disappointed.

CointreauVersial Mon 24-Jun-13 22:17:42

Zara parcel arrived!

Am keeping a gorgeous yellow jacket and a black coat (bargain less-than-half-price) and a couple of pairs of jeggings for DD2, but the rest will go back.

The quilted jacket I decided would date too quickly (and the sleeves were too tight), and the kimono thing was like a soggy bed-jacket.

EliotNess Sun 23-Jun-13 20:14:57

Yes. Although I have some silk from there I love. Plus good scarves.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 23-Jun-13 19:39:08

I love quilted jackets but ebayed my zara one a while back for as much as I paid for it.

I only really like zara for coats and jackets, too much polyester/viscose generally for my liking.

And the reductions are tiny online.

EliotNess Sun 23-Jun-13 19:26:37

Karaoke. Get it delivered to work

EliotNess Sun 23-Jun-13 19:26:06

Yup. Quilted jkts as vile as rise gold watches

rubylovescheese Sun 23-Jun-13 13:28:45

by next weekend they will prob do the next wace of discounts. maybe more worthwhile then. nothing I really wanted in the sale.

My order has been despatched, due to be delivered tomorrow but I've had to delay it for a few days til I'm off work.

battlestarB Sun 23-Jun-13 10:52:28

i like mango but thought the summer the stuff looked crapola and cheap. usually prefer the autumn/winter collections though.

For Zara I find the longer you wait the cheaper stuff gets (in store) at the moment the reductions aren't very noticeable.

EldonAve Sun 23-Jun-13 10:44:10

Returns are easy
I only expect to keep half of my order

Lighthousekeeping Sun 23-Jun-13 10:42:43

I'm regretting my order now. I hope I can send it all back.

nipersvest Sun 23-Jun-13 10:18:42

i buy from mango, whenever i've been in a branch of zara there usually seems to be a mango nearby. my favorite dress is from mango, bought online. the only issue i have with mango is i find their sizing small, i am a 12 and am a 'L' there and even that is a bit on the tight side. zara sizing is slightly more generous.

all the fashion bloggers have gone cuckoo over these cotton quilted jackets this season, there were a lot of those left in the cambridge zara, not my cup of tea though, they remind me too much of the 70's!

EliotNess Sat 22-Jun-13 22:18:49

Think there are more zara shops than mango. I get any mango from John Lewis because of free delivery. I've only been to a store once and that was in Paris.

EliotNess Sat 22-Jun-13 22:17:57

Was in the shop today was dire

EldonAve Sat 22-Jun-13 21:21:41

Mango have fewer shops than Zara don't they?

bunnymother Sat 22-Jun-13 17:29:50

I also love Mango - it's less ubiquitious than Zara. Mango has just gone on sale and already many great items have sold out. I might have to brace myself for a visit to one if their shops. Never a great experience, but often worth it.

catslave Sat 22-Jun-13 16:49:07

I don't get why people - bloggers particularly - aren't into Mango but love Zara so much. I have to do most of my shopping online as I live in the south-west aka the 1950s, and they at least have more than 5 items for sale. Zara only puts the gopping stuff online. Any decent stuff has a picture up, but is unavailable when you click through.

bunnymother Sat 22-Jun-13 15:49:45

Last season I bought lots of things from Zara, but I think I only bought a few things this season. I went to the sale yesterday, and only bought tshirts for DH and sandals for the DDs. I wasn't moved by the women's wear at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now