So, what does one wear to a ball please?

(292 Posts)

?!?!

Help! smile

I can do fab shoes but have crap hair.

I think I'll try it on - it could work and it could be a disaster as, although I'm curvy I'm quite slim of hip and v small across the back. Maybe I've made myself sound more 'va va boom' than I actually am!

libertychick Tue 18-Jun-13 21:43:02

over budget but might be reduced in sale

[[http://www.shopatanna.com/selected-femme/imma-sequin-dress-black/ amazing price worth breaking your no online shop rule for???]

libertychick Tue 18-Jun-13 21:43:49
libertychick Tue 18-Jun-13 21:56:26

DBM one lovely but I have a similar shaped one already. Don't like the other one - too blingy for me. Thank you though.

Just found this. Would depend v much on the fabric, which is probably awful, but I like the shape. Is it too nightclubby?

EliotNess Tue 18-Jun-13 22:09:31

omg love

tethersend Tue 18-Jun-13 22:22:19

That's nice!

That's lovely - but it's polyester!

I know. I can live with polyester (at a push) if it's cheap - I seriously object to paying Reiss/Whistles prices for it though.

Will try it on and report back - is it too nightclubby/slaggy though?

tethersend Wed 19-Jun-13 21:16:05

You can live with polyester shock

<faints dead away>

smile

Recovered yet?

Fans Tethers and waves smelling salts around.

tethersend Wed 19-Jun-13 21:24:18

I... I just... I can't even...

<faints again>

Throws cold water over her.

Is it too 'young' though?

tethersend Wed 19-Jun-13 21:44:09

<Revives>

No, no... It's really nice actually. It's similar to the VW but different enough not to be a copy.

What would you wear it with? A thinking gold and bare legs (with tan). Shoes?

I don't think I can do bare legs. Am pale as death and fake tan just makes me look dirty! Could do nude tights and big heels, maybe?

I've got this

Or this

But happy to buy something IF the dress looks any good! I like dirty gold coloured stuff. Shoes - I've got a couple of pairs of high black ones - stiletto, platform or wedge, or could get more (except I am even worse at buying shoes than I am at buying dresses!).

Nadalsballs Tue 25-Jun-13 12:17:56

So, what did you wear???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now