Best buy of the year so far?

(78 Posts)

I was thinking about this today. I think mine is these shoes. I have worn them several times a week and still love them to bits.

Anyone else care to share?

HappyGirlNow Thu 13-Jun-13 17:27:08

Aw charitygirl I got those shipped from the US last year.. Love 'em grin Coincidentally I'm not long back from a weekend in Venice where I wore them all the time - so comfortable..

Love that R&B biker.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 13-Jun-13 19:37:09

Love the iro and marant - santa and sleep!

Foxy - I've worn my biker lots too.

The only thing I want in the sales is the marant ariana - come on nap sale, start soon please.

Laska42 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:07:51

this and this and a gorgeous orange broderie anglaise sleeveless shirt dress from tkmaxx (but cant find a picture)

Laska42 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:15:47

I so want this though..

Oooh Laska that Arana Maxi Dress is THE most gorgeous fabric pattern.

Laska42 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:23:47

It is isn't It? I love it and is so flattering .. (I bought it at full price though the moment it came into Monsoon - not something I usually do - and now glad I did! )

Amazinggg Thu 13-Jun-13 22:32:24

Black leather biker jacket from River Island, a total bargain at £100, just gorgeous smooshy nappa type leather, goes with pretty much everything I own.

And my olive Primark skinnies for £7 which I love, partly because they're a size 8 not vanity sized at all, oh no and wear several times a week, can be dressed up or down and again just seem to slot seamlessly into my wardrobe.

ivanapoo Fri 14-Jun-13 07:49:22

My M&S jeggings in watermelon red - so much happier than my usual black/indigo denim...

AntPants1 Fri 14-Jun-13 13:01:42

This belt from topshop has been great

pinterest.com/pin/239042692694265235/

AntPants1 Fri 14-Jun-13 13:03:07
Laquila Fri 14-Jun-13 13:11:24

Half-price cream marl jersey blazer from Zara, which I bang on about all the time, which has been soooo useful.

Amazinggg aren't leather jackets useful?! I bought one from Gap a couple of Christmases ago - it was about £120 and it's not half had some wear. Just seems to go with everything and makes everything look so much cooler!

QueenCadbury Fri 14-Jun-13 13:37:26

Too many buys this year to name just one grin but it'll be either my pink or red cardi that get worn several times a week.

My definite best buy was getting my colours done. Totally worth every penny.

Annianni Fri 14-Jun-13 13:42:46

It's probably my Hudson beth baby bootcuts.
I wear them on average twice a week.
And they were a bargainous £50 in the Donna Ida sale earlier this year.

Limecrime velvetine matte lipstick in red velvet, I wear it nearly every day and it cheers me up. The most expensive lippy I own but it's worth it smile

Citizens of Humanity jeans.

So envy of the mini Marcie Toasted. And I love that Iro jacket!

Biker jackets are the bee's knees - mine was from Oasis about a year and a half ago and it is literally the best £100 I have ever spent. Love it and it's hardly ever off my back!

Sonotkylie Fri 14-Jun-13 18:14:27

Shoes arrived today. They are massive! Interestingly the 6 (my usual size) is also marked 39 1/2 rather than 39 so I think they may have changed the sizing? Anyway, great on all other fronts so I will re- order. But out of a massive £184 order, I am keeping £4 worth of school daps for DS ... No VPL pants give the worst Vpl ever seen even 2 sizes too big, and the pull on jeggings which I know everyone raves about just don't work on me at all - not as nice as either leggings or jeans. Am going to pour myself a big glass of wine now.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 14-Jun-13 18:23:49

Was thinking about this more and these 2 things have been used to death

Etoile blouse perfect for fat days

And my lovely red bag. There is something very cheering about a red bag.

libertychick Fri 14-Jun-13 21:19:41

Interesting on the shoes Sonotkylie. Have you narrow feet? I found them slightly long but very narrow?

I have been hankering after that Marant blouse MrsCB - 'good for fat days' may well be the deciding factor if it goes in the sale! I also really like the ariana....

Annielaw Fri 14-Jun-13 22:06:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Amazinggg Fri 14-Jun-13 22:12:28

That sounds simply wonderful annielaw! What was the website again?

hmm

polyhymnia Fri 14-Jun-13 22:17:44

amber love those shoes . Are they comfortable ? What's sizing like?

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 15-Jun-13 07:46:31

Its in the sale on matches Liberty and it also washes incredibly well. I love it!

Sonotkylie Sat 15-Jun-13 08:03:01

I didn't think I had narrow feet, although Boden shoes fit me and they have a narrow reputation. Let's see how the 5.5 work.
And the Marant blouse is gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now