What sort of jacket or cardi is a good all rounder to wear in this weather?

(42 Posts)
mumat39 Sun 02-Jun-13 21:34:43

One minute I'm cold when the sun goes in and the next I'm baking hot when it comes out again.

I don't suit blazer styles as I have big boobs and big hips and also don't like short jackets, no matter what Gok, Trinny or susannah say.

Any recommendations please, with links if possible.

Many thanks. I'm completely rubbish at clothes. At the pub today I wore dP's black fleece jacket as I only have a boden rainy day mac, which is fleece lined or a Didrikson winter coat. I am confused so any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 04-Jun-13 20:14:12

Yay, that's three votes for jersey blazer!
Another one at Uniqlo.
I found this shape a bit boxy - might be the same on you if you go in at the middle.

Thing is, I know you're conscious of your weight, but the shapes that suit your figure are pretty much the same whatever weight you are. The difference is you can feel a bit shy about having it all on display when you feel overweight.

But clothes that don't flatter your basic shape are just camouflage, imo, and don't make you look thinner anyway, so what's the point?
If you have an hourglass figure you're blessed with the ideal proportions - even if there's more of you than you'd like.
Just go with it - you only live once! < old gimmer >

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 04-Jun-13 20:16:01

Oh, and you've pribably got shapely legs with slim ankles - please don't start wearing long skirts!
Just on or above the knee will do thanks.

mumat39 Tue 04-Jun-13 21:48:39

Thanks Juniper. What colour would you recommend? I'm thinking navy, as I'm not good with colour so that's brave of me blush

Thanks again Shotgun! I know you're right. What you say makes so much sense. I know it's just a confidence thing. Also, I'm very lazy when it comes to things like hair removal so the long skirt was a lazy option as well as a cover-all one.

Thanks so much for your help! thanks

Navy's a good all rounder. I bought a nice navy one from ebay, goes lovely with jeans. I've ordered the maroon one on there. Then if it's not nice it's not much cash wasted is it and it'll go elswhere. charity shop

My blazer arrived and it's so nice. Can't believe the quality for the price!

mumat39 Fri 07-Jun-13 16:36:29

Ooh juniper! Thanks for letting me know!

How does the sizing seem? Just wondering if I'd need to go up a size or three smile

I'm a 14 and it fits perfectly. If you read the feedback it's 100% and lots of good comments on these jackets. I really didn't expect it to be so nice!

MooseyMoo Fri 07-Jun-13 17:58:17

The Next jersey biker jackets are back in stock. In navy. It's also in truffle.

CambridgeBlue Fri 07-Jun-13 22:09:35

Is it quite casual looking juniper? I like the idea of jersey blazers but always feel a bit too smart in them. This one looks more my sort of thing.

CB it's casual/smart depending on what you wear. I did buy a looser one on Ebay that is definitely casual will try to find it.

mumat39 Sat 08-Jun-13 13:13:22

Thanks Juniper. I'll definitely be getting one. thanks

MooseyMoo, thanks for posting that the next ones are back in stock! I think I'll try one of those too. thanks

Xxx

mumat39 it is quite fitted so maybe go up a size? It'll go with jeans or a dress imo.

I can't find the other one I got on ebay, it must've been longer ago than I thought?

mumat39 Sat 15-Jun-13 21:39:54

Thanks again Juniper.

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I think I'm going to order one from Ebay!

thanks

5madthings Sat 15-Jun-13 21:49:44

Ooh those blazers look nice but I want something to wear with some dresses, I got a lovely dress from fat face but need a cardigan type thing to wear with it.

I have an hour glass figure 10/12 on bottom and fit in a size 12top/dress from fat face but am a 32e cup... I need fitted but not tight iykwim?

I like the look of the uniqlo soft cardigan/blazer in Greg would be great with jeans.

mumat39 Sat 15-Jun-13 22:19:21

5madthings, that looks nice too.

Juniper, the only size they had left was a 16 so I've just ordered that. Fingers crossed it fits.

Trumpton Sun 16-Jun-13 03:07:17

My Next jersey biker jacket in navy arrived and I love it. It was out of stock but arrived within 6 days.

mrsspongebob Sun 16-Jun-13 08:46:02

I am going to see these 2 at matalan this coming week

www.matalan.co.uk/search?q=Jersey+blazer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now