Opinions on this bag?

(106 Posts)

I think I really want the Hobbs one now.
It's like someone said earlier in the thread, it's just a personal thing, and if you can afford it, probably best to get the one you lean towards. I had a 'treat' budget (to self) of around £400, and even though I could get the Chloe it doesn't really yell at me.

Now I'm stuck between black and cream. I don't want the navy as I wear a lot of dark blue, etc. So bloody confused!

The hairy bag seems to have taken over this thread grin

loobylu3 Wed 22-May-13 17:34:39

Marsha- the Celine trip is absolutely gorgeous- so elegant but just a smidgen over budget. smile

Toasted- get the Hobbs bag. I prefer the natural and would be tempted but it wouldn't really go with my clothes.

polyhymnia Wed 22-May-13 17:39:15

Popped in to check out on that Hobbs bag this afternoon - as nice as ever. Love the different compartments plus outside pocket and hangs just right, on me at least ...

has anyone seen the black Hobbs bag in real life? If so, is it ok? I sense that the navy one is more popular, but need to know if there's something essentially 'wrong' with the black one?????

polyhymnia Wed 22-May-13 22:37:19

Hmm sorry, I'm pretty sure I did the first time I saw them in store and black was fine but can't be 100% sure as it's the navy I'm interested in.

MrsMcGregor Wed 22-May-13 22:43:15

Poly - are you wearing the Hobbs bag over one shoulder or cross body? Maybe it goes both ways? I loved it when I saw it in HoF a month or six weeks ago - 'twas the navy version. I have a pale pink LKB bag so wouldn't see myself using the cream but really want a navy bag.

People complained about the strap length in the Hobbs website reviews of the bag - seemed to wish it was longer. For me personally, I'd prefer it shorter as I hate them banging against my leg.

Have had my eye on this for weeks! Looks better in real life perfect size for weekends with kids. Lovely in the white but am getting the black as soon as I find a discount - did have 15% one in the post but it ran out Monday before I had a chance to get it! Hobbs bags last ages so worth it I think.

Nothing wrong with black just that other colours really nice and maybe more noticeable iyswim. Black more practical really for me. Lovely thick soft leather.

polyhymnia Wed 22-May-13 23:27:11

Alas don't have it yet - also waiting in hope of 20% off but I tried it in store and the strap sits well on shoulder and across body. I'm 5'9'

YoniOno Thu 23-May-13 12:06:42

Hairy bag strap doesn't go cross body sad I did some googling and it's this but hairy. As you were.

michelleandmali Thu 23-May-13 12:17:55

Too zippy I think. It's nice but I think I'd be over it come next season. x

Am still dithering...

loobylu3 Thu 23-May-13 13:26:07

Black is nice too toasted. I personally prefer the navy and natural but, if you look at the stock levels on JL and HoF, it looks as if more people are buying the black.

<whispers> a couple of black on ebay at the moment.

thanks looby!
im no good at ebay unless it's 'buy it now'. grin

oh god ladies why are we so weird and finicky about bags!!!!!!?? why can't i just buy one and shut up!?

polyhymnia Thu 23-May-13 14:12:02

If you buy one online and pick it up at one of the shops you'll save postage etc and you'll be able to return it straight away if it doesn't live up to expectations.

santamarianovella Thu 23-May-13 15:25:54

toasted we all know how you feel,you want a nice quality bag that will last,its not a cheap buy,so your hesitation is very understandable.

MrsMcGregor Thu 23-May-13 22:00:31

Thanks Poly and Toasted for comments on strap length.

Ordered the black. If I don't like it I can take it back to the store. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks for all the opinions.

PestoSwimissimos Fri 24-May-13 09:38:16

Oh glad you've made a decision, let us know what you think when it's arrived.

Exciting smile

thanks pesto, will do!

loobylu3 Fri 24-May-13 18:08:57

Well done on making a decision toasted! Let us know what you think.

The Annabel Ingall bag looks v nice too.

Hello looby - blue has the Hobbs in cream - is gorge!

Toasted glad you went for it!

I like the lots of pockets too. Am using massive M Kors for work ATM and its just like throwing my stuff down a well. Love my mini Gracie, but my laptop won't fit in it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now