Opinions on this bag?

(106 Posts)
Shinyshoes1 Tue 21-May-13 09:50:13

OP unfortunately I find that bag hideous

pesto that bag is gorgeous !!

I like the black modalu!

do the handles not flap about?

polyhymnia Tue 21-May-13 09:57:12

I have seen the Hobbs bag and really like it in navy. But it is pricy. Have been thinking about getting it if there's a 20% off offer but, even then, will probably leave it. But, if money were no object, I would!

haven't seen that particular Modalu, but the majority of their bags are spoilt for me by their bright and rather obvious 'gold' metalware - too bling for my tastes.

PestoSwimissimos Tue 21-May-13 09:58:07

It is gorgeous, I only bought it recently for DH's funeral sad

But I know I will use it a lot and I haven't found the handles in the way or anything. I like the fact that I can use it as a grab bag too you see.

Nagoo Tue 21-May-13 09:58:26

Boring.

For £200 I'd want to be doing grin this face every time I used it.

polyhymnia Tue 21-May-13 10:07:23

Just checked the Modalu one and it is the small Pippa, which I have and don't really use. (I must try to Ebay). Partly it's the colour - a light grey, which isn't as useful as I hoped, specially in non-summer weather like this. Black or navy would have been a better choice.

Also, as said, am not a fan of the metal work (though that's a very personal thing). And I do also find the two handles a bit cumbersome, tbh.

I think with bags everyone has their likes and dislikes and it's really difficult to know until you see and handle them in RL.

MarshaBrady Tue 21-May-13 10:10:13

Toasted lots of Anya H on the Outnet today. Around £200ish

I'd go for something half price, or in the sales, to get more for your £.

bleedingheart Tue 21-May-13 11:55:28

I like the Maeve in navy.

Have you looked on & Other Stories ? They have a range of black leather bags from £65 -£175, good quality on the whole too.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 21-May-13 11:59:15

Love Anya Hindmarch stuff - some nice new ones on the outnet. I love the turquoise iPad holder envy

loobylu3 Tue 21-May-13 12:50:02

I haven' seen the Marcie in real life; I just love the shape of the Chloe bags. Have you looked at See by Chloe for a cheaper alternative?
The Modalu bag is not for me either. I think the gold hardware puts me off and it isn't quite feminine looking for me. Bags are as personal as clothes and what suits one person won't suit another. I think you have to see it and touch it!

I love the AH Valorie clutches and the larger bags, less sure about the small shoulder bags, although haven't seen them in real life so should probably reserve judgement.

whats4teamum Tue 21-May-13 12:58:07

Metalwork on the Modalu makes it look very "marketstall." Sorry.

polyhymnia Tue 21-May-13 15:24:47

Yes that's certainly my view and main reason I regret getting one. But seems to be OK with the Middletons who could presumably afford to buy any brand!

Pesto I'm so sorry to hear that! I lost my dad a few weeks ago, so my heart goes out to you flowers

Do like the Modalu personally, especially the hardware! I still think the Chloe is cute but a bit too small and not exactly worth the price either. True about bags being really personal....I can see the perfect specimen in my mind's eye but cannot locate it anywhere. Oh to be rich and have one created just for me!

MrsMcGregor Tue 21-May-13 18:39:54

I saw that bag in navy - it's the size I want with two separate compartments, which I also want, butl like many others, I think it's a bit pricey for what it is. Now, if it was half price .... smile

the navy seems popular!
the online photo's of navy don't seem to flatter it.
i'm guessing it is nicer in real life?

PestoSwimissimos Tue 21-May-13 18:50:51

Thank you ToastedTeacakes (great name btw!)

It's been hard losing DH and dealing with everything sad

But Team Pesto are strong and we will keep goingmas best we can smile

Sorry for your loss too <<hugs>>

I know someone who has that Hobbs bag in cream. It is very, very nice IRL! I would get it!

Thanks, too, Pesto x

Amber, I really love the cream version but can't see how it would work with any of my outfits. Looks so lovely though!

YoniOno Tue 21-May-13 20:26:02

Nice bag! But far too expensive for high st. Have you looked at Rebecca Minkoff bags? Or Marc by Marc Jacobs? Those two and Michael Kors are the only brands in Selfridges with cross body bags under £250. I had staff running around last weekend grin I decided to wait for sales...

loobylu3 Tue 21-May-13 20:34:31

Goodness pesto- I missed that you have just lost your DH. Wishing you all the strength in the world to look after yourself and your little ones.

Really sorry for your loss too toasted.

Might be worth looking on ebay too..

YoniOno I never get lucky in sales, it seems to be an art I can't perfect grin There are some nice MMJ bags I agree, esp the quilted ones....still can't decide though.

Looby thanks smile

polyhymnia Tue 21-May-13 23:29:29

pesto - me too. So keen to air my own views on bags I didn't pick up on your loss. Really sorry for it and all wishes to you and your DCs.

PestoSwimissimos Wed 22-May-13 08:11:34

Thank you for your wishes, t'is hard but we keep on going. Good luck with the handbag hunt everyone smile

Ive just got this

Its quite big but I love big bags, its loooovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now