Would you go the 'full trollop'?

(101 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:08:01

Have a wedding coming up, which is exciting for two reasons:

1) friend marrying a gazillionaire, so a rare occasion for me to pretend to be fancy
2) is old school friend, so will be seeing lots of people I haven't seen for many years and certainly not post-children.

So, would you wear the Ghost dress - navy, patterned, perfectly nice, but safe?

Or the Acne dress - pink silk, quite out there - not slutty in a TOWIE way, but will probably require tape to avoid side-boob.

I probably should have seen the light at the words 'side-boob', but WWYD?

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:34:49

Yes noddy. Plan to 5 2 like a maniac to shed the last bits of baby weight. It's a good incentive, seeing everyone who ever knew you when you were 19 and lithe...

tribpot Mon 20-May-13 17:34:55

Dont go stick on bra, go daisies! They are stickers for your nips.

Should side boob occur least it will look decent. Of going to flash then you might as well flash the boob then a bra grin

<classy>

santamarianovella Mon 20-May-13 17:36:59

I like the acne dress,u can buy the Nu bra sticky cups for any side boobs,
I'm in a similar place as you have a wedding in July,and although I bought a dress ,I still am debating between proper,and a bit edgey,

MrsLettuce Mon 20-May-13 17:38:00

Ah, right. The wearer of that dress does need to be very slim and (more importantly) toned. TBH needing to wear a bra is probably an indication that you shouldn't be wearing it anyomre. Sorry. strictly for the ballerina boobed, I'd say.

Manchesterhistorygirl Mon 20-May-13 17:38:36

Neither, but I do like the Vivienne Westwood anglomania that cam up on the pink dress.

noddyholder Mon 20-May-13 17:40:10

For that dress you need perfect small boobs no bras or stickers would look right PLUS a tan not fake grin

TSSDNCOP Mon 20-May-13 17:42:19

If I had to chose I'd pick the pink one.

But honestly I would go shopping.

mirpuppet Mon 20-May-13 17:42:47

Keep on looking -- deep down you know Acne dress is not right.

noddyholder Mon 20-May-13 17:44:28

I have to agree neither are right the pink is a bit nightclub

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:44:47

They are small. But I don't think I could cope with them floating free.

Weirdly, the dress is actually quite kind - obviously arms and legs need to be toned, but is very forgiving on the tummy and arse. It is the magic dress that makes you look thinner than you are due to volume. It shows a lot less leg on me than on the Triffid-style model.

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:45:17

Dammit.

I would not think the pink one very suitable for a wedding, certainly not in church, too revealing. It's nice, just not appropriate.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 20-May-13 17:46:46

Oh Dear!! Now I've seen the pink one on it's bloody awful! Looks like something a teenager would wear, ans it probably still wouldn't look good. You'd regret it if you did, especially at a 'posh' wedding.

Chandon Mon 20-May-13 17:47:37

The Acne dress is not right, as it will make you feel self conscious.

You cannot enjoy a party when you have to worry about bits popping out.

Especially if things get lively, you have a few drinks, you dance, and sticky tape may get undone as you sweat, or hug people...

You will ooze selfconsciousness, which will ruin the look.

The other dress is too boring. Do you have time to ebaby for something a bit more exciting?

whosshe Mon 20-May-13 17:48:19

I'm not into either of them, but I do love tha pink colour of the acne dress.

Do you already own these dresses, or is a purchase on the cards? In which case this whisles one is the same pick but less chance of side boob.

http://www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/product/whistles//gloria-lace-dress/903000059663

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:50:08

I think I just want a reason to wear the sodding pink one. Can't to the hen as she has specified black dresses.

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:50:42

AND I was just outbid on the Charlotte Olympia heels I was waiting for on eBay.

Curses.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Mon 20-May-13 17:51:40

I like the colour of the pink one but the cut of the other one.

That's really unhelpful, isn't it? grin

I don't think the pink one is the right shape for a posh wedding. It's just too casual.

ProjectGainsborough Mon 20-May-13 17:52:22

Oh oh i loooove the Whistles dress. Except maybe not pink (contrary, me?)

But I have no money.

MrsLettuce Mon 20-May-13 17:53:40
MrsLettuce Mon 20-May-13 17:54:07

unfortunate x post

MrsSpagBol Mon 20-May-13 17:55:30

Pink with magic underwear and killer shoes!

MrsLettuce Mon 20-May-13 17:56:47

mango is your friend
[[ http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/mango/clothing/dresses/cocktailparty/halter-neck-satin-dress/?id=83439782_P8&n=1&s=prendas&ie=0&m=color3&ts=1369067620985 grey]]
possibly? probably the wrong shape

MrsLettuce Mon 20-May-13 17:57:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now