When. Or in what, do you look most AWFUL?

(118 Posts)
Nehru Sun 19-May-13 12:27:15

Me. On the mirror. Spin. Hair pulled back. Tiny head. Huge body. Sweating.
It's dire.
Or in any wide leg trousers. (Think HMS pinafore )

scarlet76 Sun 19-May-13 12:42:36

Winter runs when I wear DH's old spurs shirts. No slap. Frizzed up damp hair.
If I wear pale lipstick, I look like I've been dug up.
Clothes wise, too short for wide leg trousers or cropped ones (slim 7/8 trousers are ok). Insipid florals do little for me.

RonaldMcDonald Sun 19-May-13 12:46:47

Me at yoga

sweaty crotch/arse
sweaty tits/back

naice

JazzDalek Sun 19-May-13 12:49:24

Any kind of skirt. I just can't seem to make them work confused

Straight? Pencil? A-line? All make my hips look huge.

DisappointedHorse Sun 19-May-13 12:50:32

At the Sunday morning swimming run. No make up, hair like a cloud.

Other than that, whenever I wear beige.

In white tops. I love white tops but they hate me.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sun 19-May-13 12:55:17

If I wear pale lipstick, I look like I've been dug up grin

CrystalDeCanter Sun 19-May-13 13:02:46

When I've been too heavy handed with the make up.

Or conversely when wearing no make up. I look like a mouse. All too undefined iyswim.

Also am fat at the moment so anything tucked in looks awful.

BinksToEnlightenment Sun 19-May-13 13:09:45

In changing rooms, particularly in River Island. It's like a portal to a world where outfits shrink and my thighs expand.

Yettish Sun 19-May-13 13:12:41

Oh god, so much to choose from. Anything with a high neck, a defined waistline or a skirt that ends above the knee. Put me in a prom dress I look like a right fucking heifer.

QueenMaeve Sun 19-May-13 13:17:28

Trousers and a short top or a skirt. Im thin everywhere else but 5 prgnancies and 4 of them c sections has left me with a horrible bulge. I suit a dress more than anything

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 19-May-13 13:17:41

That bluey-pink colour which is called either "puce" or "cerise". It clashes with both my hair and my face. My mother bought me a shirt in this shade once. As if that wasn't bad enough, she had bought me a size 24. I was about a size 16 at the time. She said rather lamely "I thought you'd like it a bit baggy." Bitch.

blue2 Sun 19-May-13 13:20:07

Wearing anything in peach, coral or yellow. Def. not my colours

williaminajetfighter Sun 19-May-13 13:22:12

Any kind of red colour makes me looks like I've got a bad case of Rosacea. Awful.

Trousers in general. Like Kirsty from Location Location I just can't wear them. Finally chucked them all now it's just skirts and preferably dresses for me.

bunnymother Sun 19-May-13 13:32:08

Me without makeup and hair needing a good cut and bleach. Just so drab and washed out. I must be a summer, too, as creams and other warm tones and black make me look awful. I still wear cream and black, but have to put even more slap on that usual. I could go on and on with lots more things that make me look awful, but I'll just depress myself.

Shorts. Shorts and pencil skirts or dresses. They make me look massive. Also anything in yellow, it's just not the colour for me.

issimma Sun 19-May-13 13:37:21

Yellow, orange, peach make me look ill.
My lips are blue without lipstick.

Bunbaker Sun 19-May-13 13:40:12

The wrong colours - lime green, orange, yellow just make me look like the bride of Frankenstein.
Skinny jeans make me look like a torso on 2 parsnips
Low cut tops because I have no cleavage
Strapless tops because I have very bony shoulders.

I sound grim don't I?

issimma Sun 19-May-13 13:44:56

You sound like me bunbaker grin

Halternecks - swimmer's shoulders too

Bunbaker Sun 19-May-13 13:46:56

Actually halternecks do suit me because the look balances out my wider hips.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Sun 19-May-13 13:58:07

Had to be in a group photo for work recently and they brought in a makeup artist. It is a riot of colour, not one of which suits me.
I have a fat orange face, so much bronze eye makeup that you can't even see my eyes, and a bright red but still desperate-looking smirk.

Nehru Sun 19-May-13 14:00:03

i love white tops too remus - cream is a disaster here

Nehru Sun 19-May-13 14:00:40

lol @ river island portal
marks overhead lights do that to me

Nehru Sun 19-May-13 14:01:02

WEEVILS

link! Link!

LesserOfTwoWeevils Sun 19-May-13 14:08:33

Are you mad? Never!
I have been doing the walk of shame through the office ever since, wondering if that's how I look after being professionally made up—like an elderly hamster—what must I look like on ordinary days? blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now