Please dress me for 2 days in Paris & 2 days in Disneyland!

(84 Posts)

I've totally lost my way with clothes. I can do smart and elegant quite well and like wearing dresses but casual totally eludes me.

Can anyone please suggest a couple of outfits smart enough for Paris, but also practical for sightseeing with 2 small children and for then going on the Disneyland in? I'm 5' 3", a flat-chested size 8 and blonde.

Nehru Fri 31-May-13 10:09:22

Woman I chatted to on the train had THE coolest multi coloured trainers from Zara. Those with skinny black jeans and a short black mac would look tres chic

Nehru Thu 30-May-13 21:31:36

Waxed jacket. Not waved

Nehru Thu 30-May-13 21:31:08

Right. I'm about to come home. I can tell you a cashmere cardigan And a scarf (for wind) were my best friends.

All the English wear converse and look embarrassed. All the other tourists wear trainers and think fuck it. I wore wedge trainers were fine. I had a thing waved jacket with the cardigan as optional Warmer upper, put that in bag when warm. I had no good or brolly and just gotta not showered upon or went to have lunch.
There was little style to be seen anywhere. Amongst tourists or the French tbh.

Ooh good excuse to go and watch it again! If only I did have her funny face...

Think Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face.

smile

The skinnies and 7/8ths trousers with a top like the navy striped one will be perfect on you then.

I've already talked myself out of that top. There is huge gap between what I like the look of and what actually suits my stupidly tiny frame. Can't wear anything wide, floaty, slouchy etc and I should just accept it now and embrace neat.

Ooh they're nice. I'm havin' 'em

I like the top but tis expensive for polyester and you'll melt if it's even a bit warm.

The Converse are fine except if it chucks it down. I've just got these leather ones and must admit to being a bit in love with them. smile

Nehru Tue 21-May-13 17:02:24

Yu fine

It's bloody freezing in London. Not catching me in shorts.

Nehru FC top was the SUMMER SPELL PLEATED TOP and can someone please tell be if tose Converse things are OK? I look ridiculous in chunky trainers coz my feet are tiny.

Nehru Tue 21-May-13 14:36:39

It's raining in Paris atm

Blimey you lot must be cold blooded/size zero. 24 degrees, jeans + jumpers + trainers whilst traipsing round busy city, in out of metro, museums etc.

I'd go bare legged (shorts probably) layers on top half.

Nehru Tue 21-May-13 05:56:25

F v link goes to home page.

Those Cos jumpers look nice but I wish they'd show everything on a model. I saw that stripy jumper in M&S today. 'tis nice actually.

Yes have got v.skinny jeans. Am going to go with jeans, leggings and navy, pale pink maybe this and khaki tops. And my effing Barbour

Think I'm going to get some of these Converse and a pair of pale pink ballet pumps.

Dark hair but deathly pale skin.

Nehru Mon 20-May-13 20:51:54

really? are you very fair?

smile Nice shape but white makes me look as if I've been dug up. I do like a bit of silk in things though.

Nehru Mon 20-May-13 20:49:24
Nehru Mon 20-May-13 20:48:44

YOU ARE ME

I bought a 14 - am usually a 12 but I hate things being tight.

smile

Try it on - it washes well and is cheap for not bad fabric. A change from the usual cashmillon gruesomeness in M&S.

Nehru Mon 20-May-13 20:47:13

what size? am boden 12 next 10 marks... who knows?

Nehru Mon 20-May-13 20:46:47

oh really? right - will look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now