What flat shoes with 7/8th trousers?

(61 Posts)
WildThongsHeartString Sat 18-May-13 11:48:10

Just that, thanks

PlumSykes Sat 18-May-13 18:18:59

I'm fed up with ballet shoes. Crap for your feet, and every bugger has them. Canvas plimsoles, or brogues for me. And flip flops when the sun comes out.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 18-May-13 18:19:07

I quite like the slipper style Drywhite mentioned but only in a casual setting.

What kind of shoes do you wear with jeans when you're schlepping around a lot, Mrs CB?

hedgefund Sat 18-May-13 18:40:16

what are 7/8th trousers?

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 19:26:03

They just skim the ankle, ie longer than 3/4 length but not full length.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 18-May-13 19:28:10

Today I've worn new topshop nano clog sandals, or have some tory burch low wedges I wear a lot.

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 19:28:53

Liking the Topshop sandals, but too high for on feet all day, for me. Would you really wear those to catch a train /walk around a city / walk around museums / schlepp around all day etc?

landofsoapandglory Sat 18-May-13 19:49:12

Numberlock I had a young girl stop me in the street and ask me where I got my brogues from today, so IMO they can't be all that bad.

I have to wear flat shoes. When you are making your "unfemine" and "mum boot" bolloxy comments, try to remember that for some of us to be on our feet, let alone have a pair of shoes on is no mean feat. We aren't all lucky enough to be able to go into a shoe shop and choose the shoes we want, we have to have the shoes that 'do'!

CointreauVersial Sat 18-May-13 20:00:12

I can't get on with brogues either, too butch for me (sorry if that upsets the sensitive....wink ...).

If at work, I'd wear low-heel courts, otherwise ballet flats or flip flops.

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 20:02:57

I have a colleague at work who is 23 and admired my brogues. I've got the same ones as you.

Interesting that objecting to offensive sexist stereotypes makes me sensitive by the way!

hedgefund Sat 18-May-13 20:13:42

thanks for the explanation, i imagine i would look like i was just wearing throusers that were too small for me grin

brogues remind me of swing out sister in the 80s for some reason. they were dull then and are now (imho) grin brogues are more fun

hedgefund Sat 18-May-13 20:14:42

i meant LOAFERS remind me of swing out sister grin

landofsoapandglory Sat 18-May-13 20:15:37

I'm not sensitive Cointraeu, there are ways of saying things without being bloody rude, which IMO Nehru was.

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 20:26:29

Loafers also remind me of The Style Council and the least said about them the better...

CointreauVersial Sat 18-May-13 20:34:15

I didn't see the rudeness from Nehru, she just described brogues as unfeminine. That's her opinion. Not quite sure what there is to get worked up about; we're talking about fashion choice here, not equality and women's rights.

hedgefund Sat 18-May-13 20:38:36

come one nehru knows how to rankle people, especially by mentioning mum boots grin

CointreauVersial Sat 18-May-13 20:55:06

Yeah, true, best ignore.......

Some people get v sniffy on S&B. I like lots of things that other people would be aghast at - so what? My insulting brogues, Nehru was hardly dissing anybody's grandma.

And how is it sexist to say that something is unfeminine? Don't get that at all.

By not my

Nehru Sun 19-May-13 07:43:28

Lol. You guys!!
I didn't mean the mum boots thing.
I was just teasing.
You carry on with your man shoes..

runs

low heel pointy toe shoes look really chic.
depends what you're doing, really.

WildThongsHeartString Sun 19-May-13 13:10:18

Opinions on any of these (office wear) so need to be smartish and comfy
these
or these
or these
Or none of them?

Numberlock Sun 19-May-13 13:27:40

Out of the 3 I like Lands End ones.

They are all a no from me, sorry. The Lands End ones are hideous, imho and so are the last pair. The Gabor pair are slightly less gruesome but I don't think they'd work, as they are too solid looking.

Nice loafers here
Leopard
I think I saw these in silver in store and they are nicer than they look on here
Too casual?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now