Calling all HOC Summers...

(955 Posts)
issimma Sat 18-May-13 07:54:35

With apologies to queencadbury for nicking her idea!

I had my colours done last year, but haven't really got into it (pregnancy plus postnatal plus maternity leave lack of funds). I'm a summer and am still struggling with feeling like a cruise ship escapee.

So, thought I'd start a thread where other vases of sweet peas/watercolour paintings/bluebells in a rainy wood could share their buys and wishlists.

First off, I need some Ts and want to try the zara linen ones when they bring out summery colours. I don't get on with kettlewell as they're too short on my body sad

SoMuchForSubtlety Thu 18-Dec-14 08:23:14

Anyone with natural in their clothing personality - wrap knitwear is on sale and they tend to do a lot of summer colours.

NeverFreezeLobsters Sun 14-Dec-14 17:22:11

Yy casmama in 360 stellar berry.

Casmama Sun 14-Dec-14 09:20:21

Sorry my link didn't help- stellar berry is third from the right.

SoMuchForSubtlety Sat 13-Dec-14 21:23:03

This in sugar plum is a great summer colour.

Casmama Sat 13-Dec-14 20:50:47

I think it's this lip gloss.

Four125 Sat 13-Dec-14 18:46:25
SoMuchForSubtlety Sat 13-Dec-14 18:39:28

Don't remind me about sales never! We've just bought a house so I'm supposed to be budgeting.
<petulant>

Four125 Sat 13-Dec-14 18:02:47

Thank you never that's really useful, I'll look it out.

Also, thanks (again) travel I'll look out Oasis now, I'm feeling a bit stuck lately.
You always sound like a fab consultant, I saw mine in the summer, she went through the basics but I was clearly confused and I could have done with a few pointers.
For example; it was you who told me I could wear colours that blend, not just the ones in my wallet hmm

NeverFreezeLobsters Fri 12-Dec-14 18:45:27

Make up heads up if you like lipgloss: maybellibe colour sensational shine gloss in stellar berry is Raspberry (and not too sticky!). My new favourite.

NeverFreezeLobsters Fri 12-Dec-14 15:15:27

I love Oasis, but the quality is shoddy, so only buy in the sales. Can't wait for them to start grin

SunshinePanda Tue 02-Dec-14 19:23:13

Thanks Travel for the tip off. May have a browse next weekend, (possibly with the sales in mind). This year's party dress is from there and thinking about it I always see stuff I like when I go past in H of Fraser. Has anyone else had a look?

Summer peeps! You all NEED to get yourselves to Oasis. So many bee-yoo-tiful things in summer colours. Jumpers, dresses, trousers, necklaces etc etc.

SoMuchForSubtlety Thu 27-Nov-14 08:14:50

Oh dear, I don't think I can manage silver sequins! The dramatic in my natural is relatively shy and retiring grin

Almost certainly - good find!
There is always the silver sequins option too!

SoMuchForSubtlety Wed 26-Nov-14 19:56:56

Is this a summer coloured Christmas jumper? (Yes i know it's not hideous but I don't really get the Xmas jumper thing and I have to wear one to a party)

Looks great to me Four.

RudyMentary Sat 22-Nov-14 12:06:27

It looks like a summer red to me but it's hard to tell on screen.

I'm booby too but would wear the shirt relaxed style, probably undone a bit with a vest/cami under.
My style is very 'hush' so I would wear it tucked in skinnies like on the model or loose layered over a longline vest with leggings, ankle boots and probably a biker jacket.

Four125 Sat 22-Nov-14 09:59:28

Hello all smile
Is this a summer red please?

www.feverdesigns.co.uk/bordeaux-cap-sleeved-dress-red.html

SoMuchForSubtlety Fri 21-Nov-14 23:03:35

That's a lovely shirt. Sadly pockets like that don't work on my boobs. Uniqlo do a similar one that's not dry clean only, although different colours (the blue is summer I think).

Stillstarving Fri 21-Nov-14 09:02:50

That shirt is really lovely. Wouldn't look like that on me sadly.... I know you've probably rejected it because of the dry cleaning Rudy but how would you wear it? I would really like the beetroot to be a summer colour....

RudyMentary Wed 19-Nov-14 22:50:27

Thanks Midnight smile
I love the aubergine and would wear it loads but I've spotted that it's dry clean only <<urgh>>

MidnightHag Wed 19-Nov-14 21:07:41

I think the aubergine looks very much like Smoked Grape...gorgeous Summer colour. The beetroot is probably Winter.

RudyMentary Wed 19-Nov-14 14:30:31

Just bumping this into threads I'm on.

I quite fancy this shirt

Do we think the Aubergine or Beetroot are ok

Stillstarving Fri 14-Nov-14 14:53:19

Bought the teal version of the dress I posted about. IRL it matched the sea green swatch so think it's a good colour- I tried on pewter as well which I knew wasn't going to be right but I wanted to see the difference and def the teal looked better. This is going to cost a fortune....

I think whether you do blocks of colour or tonal colour depends hugely on style. I wear clashing colours and block colours frequently (cherry with navy, purple with red, bright blue with red, red with grey) but that's a Gamine thing.

Teal is usually Autumn, btw, but can be OK if it's actually jade / sea green.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now