Calling all HOC Summers...

(793 Posts)
issimma Sat 18-May-13 07:54:35

With apologies to queencadbury for nicking her idea!

I had my colours done last year, but haven't really got into it (pregnancy plus postnatal plus maternity leave lack of funds). I'm a summer and am still struggling with feeling like a cruise ship escapee.

So, thought I'd start a thread where other vases of sweet peas/watercolour paintings/bluebells in a rainy wood could share their buys and wishlists.

First off, I need some Ts and want to try the zara linen ones when they bring out summery colours. I don't get on with kettlewell as they're too short on my body sad

SunshinePanda Fri 24-May-13 17:22:14

Thanks Issimma, those bags look lovely. Actually I really like the larger Dover bag, although not the size I'm meant to be searching for. You are spot on with the colours as well. Think that finding suitable bags now ready to snap up in sale season may be the best option for my budget. Bet your necklace will look lovely.

Found this Facebook page Style for Summers

rubyrubyruby Sat 25-May-13 21:11:45

Me me me! I'm a summer

Soft Summer to be precise smile

Some good links on that MrsAR The yellow is not right, but loads of great things.

Hi ruby!

tartiflette Tue 28-May-13 19:22:24

Ooh lovely, just adding myself and will read back properly now. I'm a Brown Summer.

One thing I've realised since having mine done about a year ago is the importance of wearing lipstick to avoid looking long dead. My favourites are the Rouge Coco Shine ones by Chanel, very low maintenance - Monte Carlo for a wearable red, Boy for natural and Romance for a nice bright pink (which quite possibly looks ridiculous on a 35 year old grin )

I haven't done much in the way of adding things to my wardrobe as it's been a cash-strapped year, but have certainly avoided a LOT of purchases.

I bought a great dress from TU at Sainsbury this weekend. It's not on their website, unfortunately. Broderie Anglaise top layer sundress in navy blue. High neck, front kick pleat, sleeveless, pockets. It's fabulous and looks good with my new (ebay) bonkers Hasbeens.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 28-May-13 23:33:05

That sounds lovely - and rather similar to one I bought crom Gap the other week: this in navy - broderie anglaise with pockets set into the seams so really well-concealed; can't be doing with any extra bulk around the hips.

ellangirl Thu 30-May-13 19:08:29

I got the t shirts from newlook- lovely summer colours, thanks for recommendation! Also got wedgewood blue coloured hoodie for slobbing lounging around smile

issimma Fri 31-May-13 15:01:26

Same tartiflette - I've dodged some purchases rather than buying lots.

This week I got some blue birkies from tk maxx, so you can blame me for the pisspoor weather.

Glad to see lots of summer colours coming into the shops though. Looking for some thin, boyfriend style cardis...

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 31-May-13 17:31:05
tartiflette Fri 31-May-13 21:31:01

That's a lovely colour Shotgun

tiredteddy Fri 31-May-13 21:45:44

Hi, I've been watching this thread for a little while. I had a colour analysis done in feb for my birthday and was surprised to find out I'm a summer. I was expecting to be spring due to my taste for the bright and bold and my redish hair. However summer I am. Can I join you all?

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 31-May-13 22:53:56

Sure thing babes grin. How are you finding it?

issimma Sat 01-Jun-13 06:11:35

Like that shotgun thanks, but a bit longer [fussy], and without buttons.
The closest one I've seen is in Tesco hmm.

welcome teddy.

tiredteddy Sat 01-Jun-13 20:03:49

Hi Issima!

Shotgun, found it quite easy to fins lots of basics especially in H&M for ling vests and slouchy t-shirts. There's also more in my wardrobe than I realised that is in the right colours too. However what I really adore style wise is prints. These are proving much harder to find. I'm also on a lower budget really too.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 01-Jun-13 21:16:55

Know what you mean about the prints; I still don't have many several years after my analysis.
I did get a couple of t-shirts in Uniqlo recently - the Greengate collection. I'm sure there were others as well.
Issima, maybe just get the Tesco one then. When you're wanting to build a wardrobe of the right colours, sometimes it's best to get things when you see them rather than waiting for the perfect example.
You might then see another at a later date.

issimma Wed 05-Jun-13 15:40:45

I just ordered this - you likey?
Now I'm looking for a T like the one in the pic but off-white and less than £20 unless perfect <ignores foul weather>.

SunshinePanda Wed 05-Jun-13 16:40:32

Yes Issimma, it looks great- perfect colour and also stylish in a casual way. A good find. Looks lovely with those sandals, but would work well with flats as well, I think.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 05-Jun-13 20:51:51

Lovely skirt. I like the top as well - good colours.
Anyone looking for a printed skirt, Zara have a few:
here; here; here; here; here; here; here - oh, you get the idea!
< Bored now > smile

Ha, had been eyeing up that hush skirt for aaaages, but too ruched for me. Great GREAT colour.

tiredteddy Thu 06-Jun-13 11:02:57

Another one saying that skirt is lovely! I'm very tempted too. Just off to look at the Zara skirts now...

issimma Thu 06-Jun-13 14:43:23

There's 12% cashback at hush through quidco, and free D&R with SUM131 code <enables mass purchasing of whale skirt>...

ProjectGainsborough Mon 10-Jun-13 22:46:00

I knew there would be a thread on here somewhere! Can I join in please?

Just been diagnosed (?) a deep summer. Bought one french navy scarf from Accessorize on the way home and two heavily pigmented lipsticks which I can't bring myself to wear.

Going to get my hair fixed tomorrow. Aiming for this, but maybe a bit darker...

Currently it's a bit ginge, which obviously is not good for summers.

SunshinePanda Wed 19-Jun-13 16:23:40

Just taken delivery of this bag. www.oasis-stores.com/nubuck%20cross%20body%20bag/summer-festival/Oasis/fcp-product/5330032515 It is a lovely blue grey IRL. Really pleased with it, especially at that price.
A belated welcome PGainsborough. How did you get on with Summer hair colour at hairdressers?
Issimma did you order the skirt and if so what is it like? Hush seem to have a few items in whale! I also like the wrap over skirt and the maxi dresses. May keep an eye open for the sale.
Anyone else got their eye on any prospective Summer sale items?

I've got that bag although didn't get it in sale! It matches matches my grey knee high boots perfectly smile Have lost a tassel of it already though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now