Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Please share your handbag!

(130 Posts)
Raptorrethy Fri 17-May-13 14:53:17

I am nosy grin and I'd love to know what handbag you are all using right now. Post a pic if you can. I'm after a new one and would like some inspiration!

My current one is this: www.bettyhemmings.com/wp-content/uploads/Longchamp-Planetes-Hobo-Bag-01.jpg

But mine is brown not black.

Chottie Sat 18-May-13 20:54:06

I love bags too.....

Chottie Sat 18-May-13 20:53:36

Mulberry Alexa in grey (Bicester buy). I just love it, it is an all year round bag.

BrennieGirl Sat 18-May-13 20:43:25

This is what I am currently sporting. I got it in a Coach outlet.

this

I have a couple of other Coach bags which I don't really use. I also have a few Mulberrys (my favourite bags) and a few Furlas. Love them all.

Awks Sat 18-May-13 20:06:10

I so want an Antony.

Tweet2tweet Sat 18-May-13 19:20:25

Have no idea what predictive text thought, mulberry etc not wax?

Tweet2tweet Sat 18-May-13 19:19:25

I'm no in the Mulberry wax league, no way I could afford it. However I treated myself to this as a pre giving birth treat!

Thecatsmum Sat 18-May-13 18:27:07
Thecatsmum Sat 18-May-13 18:26:01

http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5481/6302/moreviews/
This one but in red onion (purple in other words!)

Hulababy Sat 18-May-13 16:08:43

Should add hat I am not really a bag person at all, nor shoes. I have what I need shoe wise and my bags are always gifts. Mulberry was from DH and it is perfect for me as holds what I need, is strong enough to cope with being bashed about a bit and brows over my shoulder. I do have a couple of Radley messenger bags too which I had before it and a lovely little cream Radley bag for going out which my sister bought me.

Hulababy Sat 18-May-13 16:06:01

Novice - I was! Bag also contained my Gucci bangle watch and my mobile. Called taxi firm within 5 min if being dropped off but they claimed it wasn't there. Odd as we live a few miles out if town and he was unlikely to have picked up another fare on his route back.

I like that DM stachel - much, much nicer than the Zathcels and Cambridge ones. smile-

Since everybody is talking about designer ones and making my tiny Hobbs one feel rather insignificant, I have also got a Gucci one - pink suede with tan handles BUT I won it in a writing competition and (although it is v beautiful) don't use it very much at all - maybe just once a year.

I could never, ever justify more than about £80 on a bag, even if I was ten times richer than I am now.

issimma Sat 18-May-13 14:36:35

I want this oushka one.

Raptorrethy Sat 18-May-13 14:29:41

Yoni envyenvyenvy you lucky thing!!

YoniOno Sat 18-May-13 12:54:14

I'm taking this out today, but when my order arrives next week I shall be clutching this and never letting go.

Crunchymunchyhoneycakes Sat 18-May-13 12:45:34

I have this tartan doc martens satchel. I don't know anyone that spends hundreds of pounds on bags, mental.

instagram.com/p/RN9W21TUDc/

Camwombat Sat 18-May-13 12:35:23

Bourke even! it fits my phone, keys, lippy and tiny purse.

Camwombat Sat 18-May-13 12:33:24

I think in comparison to most people I know I carry very little with me!

I look at bigger bags and then lose things!

You should see the size of my Dooney & Burke going out bag!

Raptorrethy Sat 18-May-13 12:19:22

That grey birds bag is soooooo pretty camwombat! But far too small for me to copy buy.

Elegant Radley, gradually - such a classic shape.

I'm keen to know what colour the mysterious Olivia will be, nowisall. Probably white knowing my luck!!

GraduallyGoingInsane Sat 18-May-13 11:47:26
Camwombat Sat 18-May-13 11:46:59

Sorry, here is the link again to the bag I have. I love it and am hoping DH buys me a second one
www.onebrowncow.co.uk/handbags-and-accessories/nicky-james/nicky-james-birds-and-flowers-grey-cross-body-bag/prod_3480.html

MoodyDidIt Sat 18-May-13 11:03:55

oh i love chloe paddingtons ishallcallyou

i used to have one in black as well, she was my first ever "designer bag" but sold it when i was skint a while back and i MISS HER :,(

nowaistatall Sat 18-May-13 10:57:22

Raptorrethy - I wanted an Olivia too - so rang customer services -- they are doing it in another colour soon I was told . . . . but they wouldn't tell me the colour .

IShallCallYouSquishy Sat 18-May-13 10:05:09

When not carting around all my 1yo's crap I use my beautiful Chloe Paddington. It's a stunning buttery black leather and I love her grin

MoodyDidIt Sat 18-May-13 09:57:28

oh i LOOOVE that mulberry alexa excooseme envy

yeah i do love balenciaga, i think they just go with everything. and i just love the soft squishy leather and slightly rock n roll studs

i have the same one in red as well (but have not got a shoulder strap for it as i bought it on ebay for a steal because of the lack of shoulder strap its prob fake as well knowing my luck )

Barbie1 Sat 18-May-13 09:56:56

When I lived in Dubai it was all Gucci and guess bags, the more bling the better, back in London mulberry ruled.

I was hoping to use my Chanel more here in France but haven't really had the chance, haven't seen too many around either which surprised me. Guess I need to frequent rue st honore more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now