The Crepe Escape

(1000 Posts)
Cremolafoam Thu 16-May-13 22:48:55

We were getting to the end.smile

Cremolafoam Fri 21-Jun-13 07:25:07

grin Bd

hattymattie Fri 21-Jun-13 09:29:30

BD - you never know - too much tandoori ... grin

I have very virtually been to the gym and then cancelled out the whole thing by eating a piece of cheesecake with my coffee.

hattymattie Fri 21-Jun-13 09:30:21

I mean virtuously not virtually blush. Virtual gym would definitely have been no use.

beachyhead Fri 21-Jun-13 09:53:15

I'm always at the virtual gym - can't keep me away!

Re: shorts, I'm afraid, I now wear this as an alternative to shorts. I have various skirts like this, all very similar, which come out in July and go away in August, when I revert to jeans.

I need your thoughts and prayers today as we are holding a .......teenage party tonight! I am not hopeful grin

Blackduck Fri 21-Jun-13 09:58:25

Oh Beachy, me likey......

Cremolafoam Fri 21-Jun-13 10:11:03

Oh Beachy I offer up a small Hebrew prayer for the date of your house tomorrow. Dds 18th in 2 weeks and no plans have as yet been divulged( anxious) I have been q pointedly saying I will pay for her to go to a music festival in Mayo if she would like. [ please please do not say you want a party here]
So far is humming and hawing.wink

I love that skirt btw. There's a similar one at Boden I've been eyeing up smile

wilbur Fri 21-Jun-13 11:31:46

That's a great skirt, beachy, and nice that it's flat at the waist. I have a lovely orange summer skirt, perfect length, but it's a little too gathered at the waist and I'm aware it's not the most flattering over my hips and bum, just a bit too much fabric. Not that I've had a chance to wear it this year. I do still wear shorts though, despite the cellulite. I got a great pair last year from Massimo Dutti in their sale - blue linen mix that doesn't crease badly, shorter than full bermuda but nowhere near arse hanging out from hem, and tailored. I think some kind of structure is important in shorts for crepeys - gathered and elasticated waists can be tricky (see remarks on skirt above).

wilbur Fri 21-Jun-13 11:33:44

MI - do you make your own falafel? Is it a faff? Or a falaff? [snorts to self]

motherinferior Fri 21-Jun-13 11:39:27

I purchase the baked ones made by Mister Ocado, Wilbur grin though I do have a lovely chickpea burger recipe from Anjum Anand.

I wear jeans sliced off at the knee and rolled up, which don't look too bad. NOT the bum-skimming ones sported by DD1 and her ilk, as they scamper lissomly around.

Beachy, my thoughts are with you. I by contrast will have a drunken sedate evening with my former pilates group...and then a friend has a spare ticket for Othello at the National tomorrow so I am going Properly Out <hyperventilates> DP is euphoric with delight at the thought of two nights in on his own in peace and quiet wink

CointreauVersial Fri 21-Jun-13 12:46:58

Beachy - good luck with the party. DS is horrified at the concept of throwing a party here, in case people "touch our stuff", and I'm not in any hurry to persuade him otherwise. And that skirt looks Very Useful. I had a similar one (slightly tiered in design), but from my size 12-14 days, so it's currently too big (but for how long? grin).

After moaning about the sales I stayed up until midnight last night and blew £220 online at Zara (but most of it will go back, I expect).

Fingers crossed for decent (i.e. not rainy) weather this weekend - we have an open-air evening event on Saturday (live music, curry, beer and bonfire). It is just around the corner from the office, so I have DM staying over to look after the DCs, and DH and I plan to drink plenty and stagger back to the company flat for the night. There are a couple of fields to negotiate, which could be tricky.....

bigTillyMint Fri 21-Jun-13 13:47:44

CV, DD is the same re house parties - I wonder how long that will last!

Beachy, love the skirt, though I fear it would show my footballers knees rather well (not that that bothers me when I wear my shorts!)

MI, is that the Adrian Lester production?

CV outdoor event sounds good fun.

I am waiting for better reductions in the sales!confused

Blackduck Fri 21-Jun-13 14:25:34

Off down south to see mum this weekend. I need to put my mind at rest. So I suspect I won't be doing much as she isn't really up to going out.

I will drink my way through dad's wine stock ;)

motherinferior Fri 21-Jun-13 14:36:26

It is indeed the divine AL. I am very excited (I don't get out much).

Oh BD, best of luck.

herbaceous Fri 21-Jun-13 14:50:54

Out for birthday dinner with DP tonight. A local gaff, amusingly called Eat17, but surprisingly good for the locale.

Finally, at long last, got the letter from DS's new school about visiting the school, meeting his teacher, etc. It mentioned 'buying uniform'. Naturally I blubbed copiously. End of an era, and all that. I think the past four years have been the happiest of my life. Not unconnected with not working, I'm sure, but still....

herbaceous Fri 21-Jun-13 14:53:39

Oh and my mum ended up in hospital a few days ago, having had a 'funny turn' at the computer. They thought it might be heart-related, but numerous tests revealed nothing was wrong. Worryingly, however, while she was in hospital Dad totally forgot where she was, telling callers she was 'at a rehearsal'.

Things are not going to get any easier, are they.

Have wizard evenings and weekends, crepeys.

motherinferior Fri 21-Jun-13 15:04:53

Herbs <firm stare>

I do know what you mean about the littleness disappearing - I wept buckets, and posted a thread on MN about it, the day DD1 turned four ('My little girl is all grown up', I titled it, which even I can now see was perhaps over-egging it a leetle) and I shall cry buckets when DD2 leaves primary next year...

But take it from a raddled old boot beset by pre-teens that your adorable boy is still very little...and I absolutely bet the farm that you'll find the school community rather terrific too. I bloody love the school gate. In fact that's where I'm off too soon grin

beachyhead Fri 21-Jun-13 15:28:50

Am very envy of Othello...

I am working on the basis that my stuff won't get touched as this is strictly a garden and barn party... Only girls allowed inside to pee... We will be guarding the only door in. My dd1 keeps telling me to 'chill out, it'll be fine' and insists they don't want food... I, on the other hand, will be stuffing sausages in rolls down them as soon as they arrive grin (for cider soaking effect).

herbaceous Fri 21-Jun-13 16:02:56

Am well jell of 'barn'. And indeed 'garden'. Ours is extremely London-sized.

Good plan with the food. Maybe chuck in a load of soft drinks also, to avoid sweaty teens slaking their thirst with Ice White.

hattymattie Fri 21-Jun-13 16:23:10

I am the grumpy old bag who says our house is too small for teenage parties. It is my worst nightmare. Good luck Beachy. DD1 is cheekily reading this over my shoulder and says house is big enough and friends are adorable hmm

Today in France it's Fete de la Music - this means lots of dodgy bands on the streets and occasional good ones. We have been instructed to pick DD's up at midnight - this means no wine tonight. angry

bigTillyMint Fri 21-Jun-13 16:47:38

Herbs I am also well jell of the barnenvy

And Herbs, completely agree with MI about the end of an era.

Mind you, I am frequently wishing mine were still small these days. T'was so much easier in lots of ways, though definitely more exhausting.

I'm off out with some friends tonight - must try to not drink too muchwink

herbaceous Fri 21-Jun-13 17:02:07

I think it's because he's so little that it seems so soon. He's not even four yet. But I keep telling myself I'll see him every day at 3.30, and he'll have driven me mad by 5.30, as per.

bigTillyMint Fri 21-Jun-13 17:25:22

True, Herbsgrin

DD was 41/2yrs when she started - shot off like a ferret up a trouser-leg with her BFF! I was jealous of the teacher - they were a really lovely classsmile

CointreauVersial Fri 21-Jun-13 17:38:54

DD2 started full-time school less than two weeks after her 4th birthday. shock

beachyhead Fri 21-Jun-13 19:06:43

Same with my dd2, cv...

Please don't imagine Witness Amish stylee barn, more large shed style barn.. Still its somewhere to eat your Tesco value pizza after drinking your cider, so they should be grateful.

I'm on the first of my station pick
ups...

rubyrubyruby Fri 21-Jun-13 21:43:45

Hope the party's going well Beachy.

I'm worried about DH. He's working too many hours and is super stressed. He has been out of the house for 14 hours every day this week sad and his commute is only 20 mins.
He has always worked long hours but this is extreme even for him and says he could work 24/7 and still not get everything done.

Just need to vent really.

This thread is not accepting new messages.