The Crepe Escape

(1000 Posts)
Cremolafoam Thu 16-May-13 22:48:55

We were getting to the end.smile

bigTillyMint Fri 17-May-13 20:27:44

MIshock!

I am sooooo exhausted. Just one more Friday and then it will be bettersmile

Cremolafoam Fri 17-May-13 21:21:07

Oh wibur we have the wild garlic too( called ransomes here) I use the flower pompom heads in salad. Also the leaves with spuds make fantastic soup ! Very jealous of fritillaries- I love the snakes head one like chequer board stylee. I planted a cottage garden when we moved in thinking it would be self sufficient , but honestly its backbreaking pulling out dandelions and bindweed from between the nice plants.
Was just watching Donty Mon on gardeners world and feeling like a failure. grin...

Rofl at cake. That's hilarious and tragic in equal measure.grin

Cremolafoam Fri 17-May-13 21:24:05

sorry to hear you're poorly mrs s. sad
mI is the email situation rescuable?blush

bigTillyMint Fri 17-May-13 21:39:36

MrsS is not that illwink!

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 17-May-13 21:58:02

No, I'm not that ill. smile But hopefully won't have to schlep back to the quack on Monday. (It's lymphangitis.)

CointreauVersial Fri 17-May-13 23:42:57

Having started the "sandwich generation" debate, I now realise I must have the youngest DM out of all of us - she's only 68. DDad, and the two Steps are ten years older, and they have all thrown the odd scare at me..... BD - good to hear your DM is out of the woods.

Just back from the Football Awards night, staggering under the weight of two more trophies for DS (including Manager's Player of the Year), three bottles of wine for DH (for helping with coaching), and a whole case for me (as I have resigned as Club Secretary after three years). Cheers!

grin at the cake-scoffing Albanian. And Herbs, forget the giant knickers, get yourself some of that Lanacane Antichafing Gel. Marvellous stuff (so they say....).

Blackduck Sat 18-May-13 06:17:19

Ha ha to cake - like something out of a sit com!

MrsS where did you get the sushi t shirt - ds would love one! (And I apparently owe him one as I gave his fav away - it was too small)

My old garden was a nightmare - too big, my new one is tiny by the patch of lawn is still 8 foot high - need to borrow a lawn mower.

MI - whoops - I did that to my boss last week, luckily nothing incriminating so I passed it off as me having a Doah moment grin

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 18-May-13 07:58:56

this is DD2's T shirt, BD. We got it from TK Maxx for £5.99 rather than pay £20 for the same thing in the David and Goliath shop in Covent Garden.

hattymattie Sat 18-May-13 08:14:21

Just watching Scooby Doo with DS. Daphne appears to be wearing sexy negligé shock. I don't know what the world's coming too.

MI - I read a book where somebody demolished their career by sending out a multiple e-mail accidently - can't remember the title now.

I was wondering if our parents ran around after their children as much as we do. We seem to be permanently driving organising our children. I have to go to La Defense to get prom shoes for DD2 today so blocking entire afternoon. We really need to be looking at shower tiles for leaky shower. After DH needs new suit as his old lightweight one is full of holes. Want to go to M&S but no time (unless it's open Monday) - yet another bank Holiday here <--*NB Mrs S*. DS's school is doing a 'pont' which mean no school on Tuesday. Wednesday no school anyway so I can't do normal errands until Thursdayhmm And I want to get my haircut (stamps foot).

hattymattie Sat 18-May-13 08:17:13

Please ignore grammar errors like"too" instead of "to". blush. Also don't know why my bolds aren't working.

Stropperella Sat 18-May-13 08:46:55

shock at the carpenter scoffing the special cake. Hope a good resolution has been found.
MrsS, that doesn't sound like a nice thing you have. Hope the antibiotics cocktail does the trick.grin
CV, your mother is only 3 years older than dh. Still, I am used to the fact that dh is older than the parents of many of my younger mum-friends.
Am off to try out a high-intensity workout at the flash new leisure centre whilst dcs are swimming. Then am skiving off school fair (dh likes attending these things; I don`t) in order to dig the garden in preparation for arrival of chickens.

Stropperella Sat 18-May-13 08:59:23

Hatty, I know for sure that my parents didn't spend any time driving/organising us once we were over 10 or so. This was, however, not a particularly good thing, IMO. I try to find the happy medium, but don`t always manage it smile

motherinferior Sat 18-May-13 09:52:07

Appear to have salvaged email sitch. Phew.

Went out with school mums last night and feel slightly fragile. Partly because I sat around listening to naff country music when I got home, very happily, till 1am. Must however press on. Perhaps more music will help....

Cremolafoam Sat 18-May-13 10:56:07

Hattie I hear you on the running dc's around thing. We have done a fair bit in our time. Violin, swimming, guides, singing, and latterly her pt job.We always knew it was going to be the case with this house( which is miles from anywhere)
So far all attempts at teaching dd to drive have failed. We have her late mums old bike here ( big Dutch thing) which I am going to have reconditioned for her birthday in July. (Hopeful emoticon)grin
Those BH sound like a nightmare.
although dd is off on 'study leave' ATM which means the fridge is constantly bareshock
Cv well done on the footy front. I'm sure it will be nice to retire from all the organising smile

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 18-May-13 10:57:11

I have just had my hair cut. It is very short and very blonde and very curly. Am a bit shock at it.

motherinferior Sat 18-May-13 10:59:18

shock

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 18-May-13 11:05:34

Yes, quite, MI. Exactly like that. And hair is almost the colour of the smiley.

We are off to a First Communion lunch today. Being largely heathen, I thought I would leave it to the left footers to buy the rosary beads and bibles. A very dear MN friend thought along the same lines as me - she has bought the child a skipping rope and a recorder; I have got her a spacehopper. grin

motherinferior Sat 18-May-13 11:14:06

AIBU to decide that I should agree gracefully to hive off part of a potentially nightmare project to someone else? I may lose a small amount of money over it but will get peace of mind...

Cremolafoam Sat 18-May-13 11:19:29

Mrs S lol at spacehopper. I'm sure hair is gorgeous.
MI
Hiving off project sounds v reasonable to me. Delegation is very wise IMO

bigTillyMint Sat 18-May-13 11:44:30

MI do it - life is too short!

MrsS, I'm sure your hair is not too short and looks fab. And am liking the spacehopper!

So remember the boringness of revision - food/sunbathing kept me going IIRC. The weather was different back in the day. Even up North!

motherinferior Sat 18-May-13 11:52:25

Yep, I think that's the way to go.

beachyhead Sat 18-May-13 13:42:44

Hope the 80 cake is back in working order. When I told DH, he helpfully suggested filling in the hole with cardboard or foam and not letting anyone take that bit grin

Chickens, Stropps... Welcome to the chicken keepers. We have 5 and a visiting one, who come every day from next door to play date with our gang!

We are doing too much children running around today with not much thanks. I am in a bad mood!

beachyhead Sat 18-May-13 13:43:30

I want short blonde curly hair, Mrs S.. envy

Blackduck Sat 18-May-13 18:57:53

Don't chickens wreak your garden?
I am on my way home leaving mum in the capable hands of my ferocious sil and soup making brother (the food is dire and even the nurses recommend bringing in your own - my mother however is worried someone might get offended if she doesn't eat the -swill- dinner they dish up!)
I have been pondering families and the things we do, how we perceive each other and all that. My patents always protect my oldest DB whereas I tell him like it is, my mum protects my dad and everyone things my youngest DB is the toughie when I think he's the softie - strange things families.,.

Blackduck Sat 18-May-13 18:59:32

Apologies for typos - iPhone, three/four days of little sleep and a LARGE g&t smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.