eyebrow tint too dark :-(

(17 Posts)
chubbymomie2012 Thu 16-May-13 22:48:03

does anyone know how to lighten an eyebrow tint which is too dark i look like i have two slugs stuck on my face! HElP!!!

gallicgirl Thu 16-May-13 22:49:01

Eyebrow tint? Seriously?

hangsbyathread Thu 16-May-13 22:50:58

Just keep washing it. It fades very quickly anyway. HTH.

GeordieCherry Thu 16-May-13 22:53:43

What about putting some face powder on a clear mascara wand & brushing that through?

ChewingOnLifesGristle Thu 16-May-13 22:54:47

Don't worry chubby it'll fade really quickly. After a day and a couple of washes it'll look more natural. It's hard to get it just right sometimes.

I remember mil phoning up just as I'd put the tint on once. She just wouldn't let me off the phone and it looked liked I'd marker penned my eyebrows by the time I escapedhmmblush

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 16-May-13 22:55:11

Wash it a few times / toner. It fades really quickly , at least mine does.

chubbymomie2012 Thu 16-May-13 22:56:37

i fell for the shite the beauty therapist was shooting me when she was waxing them, telling me they r going grey, filling my head with promises of eternal youth (sort of) have washed them 5 times now and have only succeded in half blinding myself. i swear i will never be vain again (fingers tightly crossed)

gallicgirl Thu 16-May-13 22:59:44

Oh dear, hope it fades quickly. I didn't know such a thing was possible.

Invest in a decent pencil or powder for your eyebrows once it's lightened up, you'll be able to control how dark they go then but still be able to fill/colour them where you need it smile

mysteryfairy Thu 16-May-13 23:23:18

They're probably not as bad as you think. I always think my eyebrows are really obvious post tinting but my nearest and dearest don't even notice a difference!

dontyouwantmebaby Fri 17-May-13 00:46:31

OP you may wish to find a new beauty therapist because not only should the tinting be done before any waxing/threading, if it was your first time having it done there then you should have had a skin test in advance.

I'd agree with others that it normally fades quite quickly, more so if you cleanse your face a lot. It could be that the colour has ended up being a LOT darker on you thanks to therapist working on skin that had just been waxed hmm

If I go to the salon to have it done, I always ask for the colour to be slightly darker than I really need it to be due to fact it fades.

Hope yours does soon.

leobeebs Fri 17-May-13 08:44:05

The fact the skin had just been wed has no bearing whatsoever on the colour the tint goes. It's more likely to be it was left on a little too long. I am a therapist and believe me it is difficult to grab the tint just at the right time so they're not too dark. Sometimes people's hair takes longer or shorter to tint as does the hair on your head.
When I tint brows I put it on then literally wipe off straight away then if they need to be darker I just re dye. I much prefer to do it this way so you don't get the slug effect!!!

I do second that she should have done a patch test 24hrs prior and tinting MUST be done before waxing. If anything went wrong say an allergy her insurance would be stuffed.

Lambzig Fri 17-May-13 09:38:33

Oh, I must do mine when DD has a snooze. I second doing them very quickly and redoing if they aren't dark enough. They shouldn't be darker than your hair colour. If yours are blonde like mine a little darkening can act like a face lift.

Trumpton Fri 17-May-13 13:30:38

I do mine when I do my hair using a fine brush and leaving it on for 10 mins.

RubyrooUK Fri 17-May-13 13:45:23

I dye my eyebrows as I'm blonde and otherwise you can't see them. Sadly this does sometimes result in the early "Billie Piper" stage with overly dark brows and very light hair.

Not a good look when you are not a 15 year old pop star.

I find repeated washing with face wash and a bit of brisk towelling (ie scrubbing with a towel) improves things. I moisturise between each wash so it doesn't totally wreck my skin.

squoosh Fri 17-May-13 15:20:46

I've become a dab hand at tinting my own eyebrows. Leave the dye on for one min and then wash off, wait half an hour as sometimes the colour will develop some more, if you need more tinting repeat the process.

Maybe wash them with Head & Shoulders, that's know for shifting hair dye.

thewarmestowl Fri 17-May-13 16:01:04

Fairy liquid is also good for shifting dye. But don't worry, I've done this many, many times and they always look fine after a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now