MN Vogue Vol 11

(1000 Posts)
Decameron Thu 16-May-13 17:03:44

Continuing from here...

Hopefully Fri 17-May-13 06:51:41

I'm another clumsy - always covered in bruises from bumping into things.

I am expecting delivery of a couple of things today, but need to be out all morning, so will probably miss them. Boo. Would probably be wrong to deprive my child of toddler group to await deliveries though... grin

I break things........granite work tops were such a bad idea! Glasses, plates......I need plastic everything! One NY DH was sent out to but Champ flutes ( I'd broken all the others), came back with crystal!!! I dropped the tray shock.... Was nothing to do with amount of champ I'd had wink

I am resolutely waiting in for deliveries Hopefully, though in fairness I do have a dress arriving that I need to style for the blog over the weekend!

shopafrolic Fri 17-May-13 07:19:46

Morning all. I'm waiting in too. Need to sort the jacket situation.....
Shouts "Wang-ang-ang-ang-ang"

Hopefully Fri 17-May-13 07:34:36

Amber I would much rather stay in, but Friday is my only day of childcare, so I feel obliged to go to a group with the boys so I actually see other parents occasionally. Not entirely sure that DS2 gets a huge amount from it, am not sure why I feel I have to go TBH!

foxysocks Fri 17-May-13 07:35:10

am waiting it too, yellow shooooooooes arriving

how is your outnet stuff arriving already?! mine not been desptached yet. still contemplating cancelling the order tbh.

foxysocks Fri 17-May-13 07:35:37

waiting IN obv

MarshaBrady Fri 17-May-13 07:49:26

Mine hasn't either.

I'm clumsy but dh is worse. Our wedding present glass situation is woeful, one left.

Mine aren't that motivated on a Friday morning - tired after nursery all week. I'll kick em out the the park this afternoon to fulfil my parent responsibilities. Not that bothered about not seeing other parents round here; personally I don't care if Jacinta loves her Ottolenghi or if Gregory knows his 12 times table at 14 weeks.

Annianni Fri 17-May-13 08:05:46

I've never been to a toddler group ever grin
They are my idea of hell.

I've got a box of gap things to try (and probably return)

But the sun is out, so we'll probably go to the zoo later.

Really Amber?....I put Hector down for Eaton pre birth!!!!!grin

DH fashion news........today we are sporting Lord Grantham look, it's a shooting day, he's currently "touring the estate"... We live in a sodding cul de sac ffs!!!!grin

MarshaBrady Fri 17-May-13 08:27:17

I've never been to toddler group or soft play Anni <proud>.

I'd definitely stay in for a delivery, don't forget you can chat with the DHL man, that counts.

MarshaBrady Fri 17-May-13 08:41:37

Those who wear skirts in this weather, what are you doing about cold legs? Tights? What type. I've only got dark opaques, bit heavy.

I'm opqueing it all the way. I can't reconcile nude tights with my personality.

shopafrolic Fri 17-May-13 09:00:48

Is he actually shooting Dry or is that an illusion too? Only ask because of my DH.....
I wish i could say I've never been to a soft play - I hate the places, fortunately DS doesn't seem too keen either so we haven't been for ages. Long may it last.
Tell me about DHL. If it says it arrived at the Delivery Facility at 5.11AM today am I going to get it today? Any idea?

Annianni Fri 17-May-13 09:09:08

Shop I usually receive things from dhl the same day that they arrive at the depot.
But I think by now, they'd be out for delivery... so finger's crossed for you.

Well done Marsha grin
Ds2 has never been to soft play, long may it continue.

Just tried a lovely white sweater but the sizing/cut doesn't work for me.
It could've been nice too.

Rest of my Gap order's going straight back too.
Can't do pale blue jeans anymore <shudder>

Annianni Fri 17-May-13 09:12:38

Sleep, it's Foxy who ordered the skirt, not me.

My arse in a size xs wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Yeah I reckon you will shop. I have, ahem, some experience of DHL.

shopafrolic Fri 17-May-13 09:46:32

Woop! Out with delivery courier.

shopafrolic Fri 17-May-13 09:47:19

Not me! My parcel.....
Ponders the benefits of dating a DHL man hmm

You'd get your stuff early in the day? I can't help thinking my DHL man judges me....

santamarianovella Fri 17-May-13 09:55:56

morning all,
shop DHL,are fast once its sorted,then it should be ready for delivery,provided the outnet were not swamped with deliveries yesterdaygrin.

im not a big fan of toddler group either,but dd likes it,sometimes.

dry our should i say lady grantham,how is the sorting going?did you manage to ebay anything yet?

we are off this afternoon,and the weather looks just awful,didnt pack anything exciting it will rain all weekend,might as well spend the whole time at hotel spa.

MrsRadicchio Fri 17-May-13 10:06:41

Wanted to say a quick hello to all before the thread flies away from me. But DS is insisting on sitting on my knee and poking etc so I can't stay long.

Liked the chat about the DHs' fashion style, or lack of. My DH fits in with the majority. The worst thing is that his mum still buys him clothes and she seems to think he is still a teenager, buying him fleeces (we had to have a cull recently as he had about 10) and utility shorts. His sister also bought him some crocs <I despair>

Sales wishlist for me seems to be a lot of shoes
white brogues (still after a pair, found some DMs I like atm)
The Jemima Vine snake print court shoes (totally unnecessary for me but I love them)
Some Sam Edelman's that I've had my eye on for a while...They are similar to hopefully's bertie slipper shoes. Hopefully if you are interested, I can link - they have them in cream.
Paige jimmy jimmy jeans (baaa, don't think it'll happen though but would like some slim leg bf jeans)
Possibly a calf length tube skirt

Anni my wardrobe were doing money off Sam Edelman shoes and had quite a few adenas, inc gunmetal. About £90 bit galling after paying £36 at HoF!

DS is asking me too many questions, can't concentrate. Better be off and will be back when am child free!

Sorry to not namecheck, One sorry to hear about the medication and weight issues, must be v disheartening when you are doing all you can. Still great to have dropped a dress size though.

Perhaps those who want to shred should start together. Am thinking <deluded> that I could do it first thing in the morning as evenings are still spent trying to settle DS2, sigh.

Looking forward to hearing all about Sat and seeing photos <pleeease>

libertychick Fri 17-May-13 10:39:08

Oh poor you Anni. Hope you are feeling better today. For getting in shape I prefer to up the walking and do a pilates/yoga DVD Foxy makes a good point about injuries though – I have had lots of yoga lessons in the past so have a good idea what to do. I have tried the Shred but it’s too hard on my knees (how old does that sound!) If you can run/jog 20-30 mins of that 4 or 5 times a week makes a difference in no time. If you are not used to running just do a minute then 2 mins walking and slowly build up until you can do 20 mins non stop.

Well done all on the Wang purchases.

Shop even though I am not coming I feel the need to reassure you about the meet up – everyone on here sounds so absolutely lovely I think you are going to have a ball. And you are getting your hair done before hand so you will look fabulous no matter what you wear.

Marsha I am doing nude tights but struggling to find ones I like – considering black sheers…worried though that I might just look like I didn’t notice the 90’s ended rather cutting edge!! Have also worn opaques this week, pale grey and navy feel less winter like than black.

And on sales, I think I might not bother – have gone off shopping when I realised how much I bought in the last month (see the Frugal thread!). What I really need is a new winter coat and some boots so I have decided I have enough for the summer and will save up for A/W instead.

libertychick Fri 17-May-13 10:44:37

Oh and one (((()))) re the weight gain - try not to focus on the numbers - it's so disheartening - if your clothes feel looser then you must look better.

This thread is not accepting new messages.