MN Vogue Vol 11

(1000 Posts)
Decameron Thu 16-May-13 17:03:44

Continuing from here...

QueenCadbury Thu 16-May-13 20:46:04

anni do the shred. Then maybe I can be inspired to unwrap mine too grin. That and stay away from 360 mirrors.

linus what an arse about the buggy. Enjoy the well deserved wine.

Dd's plaster cast came off today. Hurrah!

QueenCadbury Thu 16-May-13 20:47:20

Forgot to say I agree about the boobs.

MarshaBrady Thu 16-May-13 20:48:09

lol at Skype. If you're all plastered against the window just come in already, have a drink wink grin.

noviceoftheday Thu 16-May-13 20:50:38

Definitely a great outfit Ambersmile and fab boobsgrin

Has your DP skirt arrived yet? Looks fab and I might follow you there though worried about my arse looking big in it.

I was never into Breton until the great hunt for Shop but am tempted!

QueenCadbury Thu 16-May-13 20:51:48

novice I don't have a sales list either. Was beginning to think I was the only one.

I have incredible low blood pressure as standard, which plummets when I'm under the weather. I have fainted down the stairs dozens of times. My kids learnt to climb them young!

Annianni Thu 16-May-13 20:55:23

I might alternate shred and yoga.
I'll need to take it gently... scared now!

I have got Tracy A's mat workout DVD somewhere.
I remember doing that and then wanting to die the following day grin

I remember falling with ds1 in my arms, when he was a baby. I slipped on the wooden floor and landed on my elbows.
I was lucky not to break something.
He slept through it though... I was in agony and proper sobbed.

I am so clumsy... I shouldn't be allowed to supervise young children really...

Aw, shucks. The girls are most flattered, thanks.

foxysocks Thu 16-May-13 20:56:39

shred anni. learning yoga from a dvd is a one way street to an injury.

shopafrolic Thu 16-May-13 20:58:23

Foxy could run a MNV yoga class via Skype???? That'd be brilliant! smile
Loving the Wanguage as I now call it.
QueenC good new about DD - does she keep wondering where it's gone?
Anni report back from IronMan, stay away from M&S and try the Shred I guess. I am now doing gym sessions twice a week and walking DH's gun dogs twice a week. That should keep the lbs off I hope <drinks wine and eats chocolate>
DH has told me not to settle for second best with the jackets so green light for the Dressing Room version if I really prefer it.....
Linus PMSL

Annianni Thu 16-May-13 21:00:34

I have really low bp too Amber, whenever I have it checked, they have to do it the old fashioned way... the digital machine's think i'm dead grin

Lovely blog photo today.
Another with boob envy.

shopafrolic Thu 16-May-13 21:02:14

Whatever angle you took today's pic from Amber you need to recreate in every shot, otherwise your boobs are going to miss out on all these compliments!

noviceoftheday Thu 16-May-13 21:08:13

I am sooo clumsy, it was always my number one fear with the dcs. We have these sodding stairs at home that are steep. Dh marvels when I occasionally manage to walk one foot in front of anothersmile I am doing a high profile work thing next month and am already fretting about shoes (and outfit) because if I trip on the stage I will just die a thousand deaths from the embarrassment. i stuck to 3 inch heels for my wedding because I was convinced I would trip. Oh the day mares I had beforehand!

I don't get it, I was weighed at the doctors today and they say I've put a stone on since January but my clothes are looser and I'm definitely half a size smaller in my jeans confused Had blood taken to check for an underlying cause to my weight gain as I eat tiny amounts and exercise a regular amount so there's no outwardly apparent reason for me to weigh so much

QueenCadbury Thu 16-May-13 21:26:08

one were the scales different? Also were you wearing heavier stuff? If you've been exercising maybe you've now got muscle? I'd go by your clothes rather than the scales.

The same scales QueenC and I was wearing, if anything, lighter stuff than what I wore in January. I don't think they are wrong, I just don't understand why I'm putting so much weight on. The Nurse thinks it's because of my medications and if she's right, the only thing I can do is stop taking them which will make me ill again sad

santamarianovella Thu 16-May-13 21:40:19

thanks foxy,googled a bit,and got creeped out.

linus,it sounds like a nightmare.hope you find the buggy,that really put me off our trip tomorrow.

LeFreakCestChic Thu 16-May-13 21:50:37

Nice skirt amber! I wore mine today but didn't like what I wore with it- white shirt & nude tights, felt a bit Eurotrash and self conscious. Black opaques and black/ dark top the next time. Wearing a skirt so fitted felt strange although it is flattering. Maybe I just need to be braver....

santamarianovella Thu 16-May-13 21:52:18

one, i weight myself almost everyday, and when i go to see the dr, the scale at the drs office always adds 6lb, i then weight my self again at home using 2 different scales and they give me the exact weight minus the sudden gain,,dont worry.
you mentioned you have been working out, it might be muscle .

One muscle does weigh more. Keep going because eventually weight will drop as well as your body toning up, which it obv is doing already! Don't be disheartened.
* Novice* which DP skirt ?

The thing that worries me most is that I know one of my medications can actually give you type 2 diabeties. I really don't want it to be that but I have almost all the symptoms but I can't stop my medication or I have utterly soul destroying mood swings which have wrecked more than one relationship. I just want to feel like myself again sad in other news, I bought a cute black blouse with a lace trim neckline, a black skater skirt that covers more than just my bum and some bras that actually fit. I'd never have seen myself in a 32G before the bra intervention thread!

Hi all - sorry to sound discouraging but it is pretty much impossible that you have put 1st of muscle on One. You would have to have been weight training a serious amount and also eating incredible quantities of protein and still you would struggle to achieve that (and your body would look very noticeably different). Something sounds very strange and your symptoms sound miserable sadflowers.

Oh and Anni - thanks for the potential skirt offer, see what you think of it. I'm not sure it would suit me but maybe maybe...

Definitely go with the Shred btw!

I'm not discouraged sleep I knew it wasn't possible to have put that much muscle on and still be so .....flabby Something's definitely not right somewhere, I just hope the docs can get to the bottom of it

LinusDKD Fri 17-May-13 05:23:53

Good morning, yawn.

One flowers

Novice I'm very clumsy too. Not a day goes by in which I don't bump into something and bruise myself, or drop something or knock something over.

Planning on wearing my 'maroon' aka raspberry Paige skinnies today. Maybe I'll even get a compliment from DM because she likes that colour, who knows?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.