Is my miu miu worth fixing...

(9 Posts)
Corygal Mon 13-May-13 19:57:57

Altho it might sound like a TMI post in General Health, what I'm really dithering about is a tote bag - it's crumpled brown leather and strappy buckle-y. The leather on the body of the bag is ripping away from one of the straps.

Now - does anyone reckon a crumply leather bag with straps is going to be acceptable for much longer, or at any rate long enough in fashion terms for me to justify what will prob be horrendous expense?

And (hopeful) does anyone know anywhere in London I can go to get it fixed without dropping a hundred quid on a crap repair.

gindrinker Mon 13-May-13 20:03:39

Is a coffer? Get it repaired... Or give it to me!

Corygal Mon 13-May-13 20:08:51

No it isn't, it's older than that. I reckon about 2010.

gindrinker Mon 13-May-13 21:25:07

Could you ask in selfridges (miu miu themselves) if they could recommend a repairer?

I'm sure I've been lusting after a coffer since about 2007? I go and stroke them occasionally.

Corygal Mon 13-May-13 21:28:06

Prrrr....prrrr...(stroked emoticon) thanks for the fab idea.

Corygal's bag speaking grin

gindrinker Mon 13-May-13 21:36:51

Gin cat is scowling - she doesn't know she's second to a handbag.

Miu Miu might even repair it for free. You don't know until you ask smile

I think they're a classic shape now, they change the colours by season and the design little bit but essentially the same.

The Furniture Clinic are meant to be very good, I think you can even email them for a repair quote.

www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Handbag_Spa.php

SundaySimmons Tue 14-May-13 08:12:56

Phone Miu Miu

020 7409 0900. They may repair free or charge you.

Corygal Tue 14-May-13 09:08:00

Thanks - I will report back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now