It's been done before but I'm still looking for the perfect eyebrow pencil for blondes...

(25 Posts)
JustinBiebermakesmevom Mon 13-May-13 19:11:06

I can't get the eyeshadow and brush to work for me...I have slightly overplucked eyebrows (especially on the right hand side) so the powder doesn't take as well on this side as there is less hair. I think I get a better shape and more precision with a pencil but just can't get the bloody colour right. I either look ginger or way too dark. My hair is platinum blonde and v short so my eyebrows and eyes are very visible iyswim. Help ! Fed up looking like DD3 has gone mad with her Crayola on my face sad

hedgefund Mon 13-May-13 19:13:15

i have a tesco make up one for blondes, it's a good shade and goes on well

RandomMess Mon 13-May-13 19:14:18

Have you tried the boots no 7 one, the brown one is very good?

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 13-May-13 19:14:29

Have you ever had a light brown tint ? Make eyebrows look fab.
My sis uses a mac one which is a kind of mink colour.

worried90 Mon 13-May-13 19:21:56

I love the asda one. Cheap, and no red hints so it doesn't look odd

McNally Mon 13-May-13 19:26:08

I have very fair brows and a fear of the crayola effect! I usually use a brow gel but have the Mac brow pencil in Fling which is pretty good.

MarianForrester Mon 13-May-13 19:28:12

MUA one from Superdrug is good and I think £1.

The benefit browzings kit is also good, but pricier.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 13-May-13 19:37:56

Be careful with tinting eyebrows. My sister had an eyebrow tint. Too dark - she looked like a mad lady!!!smilebenefit do an ashy coloured one- Instant brow pencil in light. See what you think at a Benefit counter

SunnyL Mon 13-May-13 19:46:50

It's flipping expensive but Estée Lauder is the absolute winner for me. I got my make up done for my wedding and I'm never going back to cheap pencils again. I'm practically albino and this makes me look like a grown up.

madmomma Mon 13-May-13 19:52:16

dior. they have brilliantly nuanced shades for all hair colours.

tiokiko Mon 13-May-13 19:55:09

Chanel Blonde Clair is great

tiokiko Mon 13-May-13 19:55:56

Link fail, sorry

Chanel Blonde Clair

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 13-May-13 20:04:56

I use the blink Indian Chocolate one. Its the only one I've tried that didn't go gingery on my brows.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Mon 13-May-13 21:20:58

Laura Mercier eye pencil in Blonde is great. They do a Fair Blonde too if its a bit dark.

I can't live without Mac brow pencil in Fling.

DuttyWine Mon 13-May-13 21:58:39

Go to your local cheap market and get a <whispers> Constance Carroll blonde eyebrow pencil! 50p and marvellous! I also have benefit browzings or browzillas which is great too I often use the pencil as a base then add to it with the benefit set.

Heavywheezing Mon 13-May-13 22:04:37

You need this
eyebrows

Just fantastic but expensive. My mum was converted and she has no brows!

pinksomething Mon 13-May-13 22:22:07

YSL do a good pencil one. Has a little brush on the other to tidy them. It's a mink/ash colour that's good for blond hair.

Piemother Mon 13-May-13 22:42:11

When boots stock of the no 7 one was low the assistant suggested collection 2000 twist up crayon brow pencil. I'm converted!

JustinBiebermakesmevom Wed 15-May-13 08:33:00

Thanks for all the suggestions....

Pie I really like the colour of the Collection 2000 eyebrow crayon but don't like the fact I can't sharpen it. I've used it in the past and as I can be a wee bit heavy handed, ended up with it looking far to heavy....

Those who have suggested the MAC pencil, again I think this is a screw up crayon type thingy - how long do you find it lasts ? Think it's about 12.50 but heard that you don't get that much for your money....

I have a large Boots near me so will check out the EL, Chanel etc sugggestions. Need to try the Asda and Tesco ones too as I fear my purse may prefer those options !

Havingkittens Wed 15-May-13 12:27:49

I find the MAC one lasts pretty well. A few months usually, as long as you make sure you only twist it up about 1mm or so, so it doesn't snap.

Have you tried the Avon Glimmerstick for brows in Blonde>
Very cheap, very slim twist up bit so it does not need sharpening.
I am a redhead with very pale eyebrows and after trying ALL the other kinds, I keep coming back to it.
THey are between 3 and £6 depending what offers Avon have on, but
I don't even bother with an avon lady, last month I got 3 for a tenner delivered by an avon rep who sells on ebay!
A friend of mine only uses Kanebo makeup, apart from the eyebrow pencils which are the avon ones. It really lasts too, I am terrible for touching my face during the day but my eyebrows are usually still where I drew them on when I get home at night!

JustinBiebermakesmevom Thu 16-May-13 07:32:56

Thanks for that....will report back once I've done all my research grin

Frostybean Thu 16-May-13 11:36:35

Ah, I had this until I tried Blinc eyebrow mascara in dark blonde. Absolutely bloody brillaint. It's very cool so won't look ginger or too bright. They do it in other blonde colours too. I have fair skin, grey eyes and mousey blonde hair and very light eyebrows so this shade was perfect on me as it matched my hair. Failing that, Anastasia does a great range of powders and pencils so that you can draw your eyebrows on without them looking unrealistic, again in khaki blonde cool colours. Good luck.

JustinBiebermakesmevom Thu 16-May-13 16:25:52

Frostybean - My one query with eyebrow mascara is the slight bald patch that I have on my right brow from overplucking....Isn't the brow mascara meant to enhance the shape and colour of the existing brow hairs ? Not sure if it would work for me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now