This hat. Yay or nee?

(40 Posts)
MrsLettuce Sat 11-May-13 21:41:13

For summer.

here

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 18:14:10

Oh, and I keep meaning to say: Am somewhat nonplussed by the references to 'pink' and 'stripey' confused. Number 1 is a massive version of number 2 (which is still big) but both are plain raffia thus.

Not worried about being able to carry it off!

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 17:53:28

wound up by floppiness.

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 17:53:02

Freed from the screeming hordes at last, so links

Whinging's top shop hat - very nice but not my bag. ALso get would up by floppiness.
TSSDNCOP's #1 - OK but too small and run of the mill. Will indeed be adding scarves as and when.
TSSDNCOP's #2 - No, no and thrice no. As above.
Remus' cloche - I like that but it's too dull, sweet and small. Am after a good cloche for next winter though.

GibberTheMonkey - Go for it! You won't look nobish at all is an utterly standard sun hat. Nice.

GibberTheMonkey Sun 12-May-13 16:11:37

I keep pondering this one
Like for a year
I just wonder if I'll look like a knob

BinksToEnlightenment Sun 12-May-13 16:06:51

Beautiful dress. And yes, the hat may be a bit much but imagine how brilliant it would be if you managed to carry it off? I say go for it.

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 16:02:08

Sequence = esque

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 16:01:02

Ooh, that link worked (damn phone). I do fancy a turban or two, yeah. Am making do with Hilda Ogden sequence scarf tying. Sans rollers, natch.

TallulahBetty Sun 12-May-13 15:40:06

Reminds me of in "Friends" when everyone shelters under Rachel's hat in the rain grin

I don't dislike it, mind..

TSSDNCOP Sun 12-May-13 15:37:41

Then you'll be wanting this Mrs L grin

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 15:22:10

Am at a children's party (shan't tell you what I'm wearing wink) and can't get links to work on my phone. But I'll check 'em later.

Am fancying the mrs leadbetter look though. have a desperate desire for this.

Good job I'm not looking for validation hey!

Yes, the Accessorize one is quite sweet.

Or this

LynetteScavo Sun 12-May-13 13:29:05

"Unless you are Margot" hahahahah,grin

TSSDNCOP Sun 12-May-13 13:27:03

Then again the real deal

TSSDNCOP Sun 12-May-13 13:21:34

How about this from Accesorize with this wrapped round it from Oasis?

No I honestly wasn't coming on here for sympathy, just saying not to take my advice as I clearly have no sense of style grin

TSSDNCOP Sun 12-May-13 13:17:33

mrs your post made me laugh out loud, but don't be coming here hoping for a sympathy yay on those hideous hoof covers on your thread grin

EeyoreIsh Sun 12-May-13 13:15:21

I love the top hat! But I look stupid in normal size hats as have broad shoulders. grin

I'd say no but then no-one likes the sandals I posted so who am I to comment?

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 11:48:53

Can't get the top shop link to work on my phone but if it's a floppy job then no, floppy hats prickle my otherwise under control OCD.

I LOVE windy miller's hat!

Are you Windy Miller? ;)

LowLevelWhinging Sun 12-May-13 11:32:21

surely something like this from topshop is what you're after?

Rather than a mother of the bride thing?

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Sun 12-May-13 11:26:55

The first one looks like a popadom.

MrsLettuce Sun 12-May-13 11:26:00

Thanks all! I appreciate your directness grin

MsWinnieBaygo Sat 11-May-13 23:56:23

Yes, the first one is definitely too big grin. I can understand the need for a sunhat and whilst I'm personally not keen at all ever on that style the stripey second one that you linked is better IMO

MrsLettuce Sat 11-May-13 23:40:22

I like these ones (I know they're odd) but was worried the first one, which looks better made was too big. I fancy big but not continent sized.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now