Facial oil

(35 Posts)

I've been using the Superdrug Vitamin E oil and really like it, but the bottle is nearly finished. Shall I buy another bottle, or is there another lovely skin oil I could be trying instead? I've used Decleor before but tbh the SD one is probably better (and about a tenth of the price).

Are there any nice mid-priced ones that are worth a go?

Devora Sun 12-May-13 22:01:09

I love facial oils, but haven't actually found one better than the Superdrug Vit E one. And it's stupidly cheap.

Actually, I think the whole range is brilliant - love the hot cloth cleanser, and the day cream. There's just no point buying anything else.

JMarkus Sun 12-May-13 22:13:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ArcticRoll Sun 12-May-13 22:30:24

Boots Botanics - good value, have used the Liz Earle one which is much pricier but prefer the cheaper Boots one.

YoniOno Sun 12-May-13 22:48:26

I found the Superdrug one really rubbish, just really drying and nothingy.

Love Neal's Yard one, seemed to even up my skin tone used overnight.

Lottapianos Mon 13-May-13 06:37:04

I hated the Superdrug one too. It's so true that everyone has different skin and what works for one does nothing for another!

MoodyDidIt Mon 13-May-13 09:00:56

may i be the first to suggest coconut oil. is amazing

imip Mon 13-May-13 11:34:20

Just googled trilogy rose hip oil on the advice of this thread and at boots it is currently half price for a big bottle (making it cheaper than the smaller bottle!). Online only.

Havingkittens Mon 13-May-13 13:02:51

This is really lovely. It's not cheap but you only need 2 drops so the bottle lasts forever.

http://www.kiehls.co.uk/skin-care/by-category/serums/midnight-recovery-concentrate.aspx?gclid=CKyalLCEk7cCFTMRtAodbw8A3g

Thanks again all.

madmomma Mon 13-May-13 19:47:47

decleor neroli oil gave me whiteheads for the 1st time ever. The bottle got knocked over and I was actually relieved. The neals yard ones are good, as are clarins. Also holland + barrett's argan oil (though it smells foul) Don't bother with asda n'spa. It feels like cooking oil. I'm going to try the superdrug vit e one next. It'd be great to find an affordable one that really works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now