Best treatment for really dry, wrinkly looking hands ?

(32 Posts)
Slipsliding Thu 09-May-13 22:14:12

I'm obsessive about putting on hand cream as i can't bear the feeling of dry hands but my hands are still really dry! I do a lot of washing hands, cleaning etc (kids, nappies, the usual chore-laden mum's lot) and i suppose my hands are weathered from walking with a buggy.
Any tips?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 12-May-13 10:12:39

Dilidali I bought the Oilatum cream on your advice so am hoping it will make a difference to my 90 year old looking hands. I did find it greasy though.

Dilidali Sun 12-May-13 10:30:45

Hi! Your hands must be very dry at the mo, hence the greasiness. Please don't get discouraged. I have a job that requires me to wash my hands 'to the bone' millions of times a day. After spending hundreds of pounds on handcream I found Oilatum the only one that does what it says on the tin.
Let us know how you get on after a week or so smile.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 15-May-13 18:54:14

Thanks Dili. I got a sample of Dermalogica hand cream. It was good but expensive

Dawndonna Wed 15-May-13 21:35:00

I have psoriasis and am finding the Dr. Organics manuka honey range heavenly at the moment. (Health food shop).

The Dr Organic manuka honey bar of soap has been the best bar of soap I have found so far for my eczema prone hands. I try and avoid liquid soap but the rest of the family prefer them, the Dr Organic ones are the least drying/irritating that I have found.

zalana Wed 15-May-13 22:51:52

Having tried loads of hand creams have eventually found one that is miraculous, Eucerin, dry skin, Intensive hand cream with 5% urea, available in Boots. I have been using it at night time and really can't believe the difference it has made to my hands, now so soft and feel amazing!

pepperminty Wed 15-May-13 22:59:17

Here is a combo that really worked for me:

1) Simple liquid hand soap
Their white moisturising one (a pump)
(any anti-bacterial hand soap really irritates my hands)

2) Burts Bees hand lotion
The stuff is amazing. It has almond oil and other oils. It properly heals your hands. In three days, it is a night and day difference.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B002PK0ROM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now