Eyeshadows with staying power ?

(14 Posts)
mrsblakey Thu 09-May-13 17:37:48

Am after recommendations please for eyeshadows that last a good few hours ?

Misssss Thu 09-May-13 17:40:17

It's not really the eyeshadow, you need to prep/prime the eyelid first. The UD Primer Potion is good and I find that when I use it even cheapy MUA shadows will last a day.

MAC and Urban Decay are my favourites for pigmentation and staying power.

More important than the shadow though is the primer. Again Urban Decay is the best IMO.

ihatethecold Thu 09-May-13 17:46:50

L'oreal one is great,

Alsoif you ever see Hard Candy pots of eyeshadow (I got mine from Walmart in Florida ) then get yourself some, dead cheap and is the best eyeshadow I've ever used.

hedgefund Thu 09-May-13 17:48:21

mac and nars stay ages (don't use a primer) also bourjous long lasting

Another vote for urban decay here there primer is the best I have used and they are my favourite eyeshadows I use now although bourjouis little round pots are also good.

mrsblakey Thu 09-May-13 17:50:28

thanks guys very helpful x

LilacBreastedRoller Thu 09-May-13 17:51:54

The Bobbi Brown cream shadow lasts for hours on me, and doesn't look any different to a powder one in the colours I use (i.e. and all over taupe). If you want fancy blended effects that might be trickier.

MooMinCow Thu 09-May-13 17:52:13

Sleek palettes from Superdrug are just as pigmented as MAC and last well.

Agree that a good eyelid primer or even layering powder eyeshadow over a cream eyeshadow (like Maybelline Tattoo or MAC Paintpot) extend wear and prevent creasing.

barleysugar Thu 09-May-13 17:55:34

I love Maybelline Tattoo. It's completely crease free, which is a first for me with cream shadows. You can also put it on thinly over powder shades or thickly on its own.

sooperdooper Thu 09-May-13 17:59:31

I think it's down to using a primer rather than the eye shadow, I only started using one fairly recently and it's s revelation!

MagicBaguette Thu 09-May-13 18:00:31

MAC!

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Thu 09-May-13 18:02:25

Another vote for Urban Decay Primer. Any eyeahadow lasts on me now when I use his whereas before they would all crease. Spend on thr primer and you can save on the shadow.

scottishmummy Thu 09-May-13 18:02:26

Clinique colour surge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now