How do you get that nice glow/shimmer on your cheekbone?

(23 Posts)
bonzo77 Thu 09-May-13 19:44:28

NARS copacobana thingy too. Had the same one for 10 years! Also use it on my brow bones.

knitknack Thu 09-May-13 19:37:10

You need to watch the Lisa Eldridge video. What I do is foundation &concealer, then use my foundation brush to apply becca shimmering skin perfector or revlon's new illuminator, THEN apply cam blush with my blusher brush then use the same foundation brush again to blend everything till it all looks really natural (as in, not natural at ALL because it makes me look healthy haha).

TattyDevine Thu 09-May-13 19:12:17

I like Soap and Glory's Glow All Out, but I have that slightly warm peachy but light colouring, so its not for everyone. Also its powder, so if you use a really dewy liquid foundation it might not sit right.

If you use a dewy glow foundation and no powder on top, you might be better with a liquid version (moon beam/high beam by benefit or a Becca shimmering skin perfector) whereas if you use a mineral powder or a little powder on top of a more matte foundation, it would be easier to add a powder version. Bobbi Brown do a shimmer brick that not everyone likes. If you are warm to neutral defo check out the soap and glory one .

mrssmooth Thu 09-May-13 18:48:15

Avon have got a lovely one .. it's half and half a blusher and highlighter (powder, not cream). I use the blusher as I would normally (it has a bit of sheen to it too) then using my finger, swipe a bit of the highlighter along the top of my cheek and also a bit above and underneath the "end" of my eyebrow. A fraction of the price of some of the ones on here too.

polyhymnia Thu 09-May-13 18:23:47

I recommend Becca's shimmering skin perfector - online at Space NK.

ellajayne Thu 09-May-13 17:39:22

MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle. I swear by the stuff.

Low end go for MUA's Undressed highlighter. It's huge, gorgeous, lasts forever and is about £4

happystory Thu 09-May-13 17:04:44

Body shop do 2 nice blusher pallettes called something like waves, that's what it looks like. The pink one has shades from rose to nearly white, v useful.

Pusspuss1 Thu 09-May-13 17:01:21

Benefit High Beam is my favourite highlighter. Just dab a tiny bit along the top of your cheekbone when you've finished doing the rest of your makeup.

sweetheart Thu 09-May-13 16:59:35

this set would be perfect grin

sweetheart Thu 09-May-13 16:58:27

I mix benefit "girl meets pearl" with my foundation and then put some benefit high beam over my blusher

coffeeinbed Thu 09-May-13 14:38:05

I use the tiniest bit of Nars Goldmember.
Perfect for tanned/olive skin.

NotAQueef Thu 09-May-13 14:29:06

another vote for Benefit Watt's Up. It looks a lot more natural than their high beam for day time. The high beam/moon beam can look nice for night time though

hettie Thu 09-May-13 14:24:51

boots No 7 highlighter thingy (by lisa eldridge) is good too- two colours and not too shimmery.....

Heavywheezing Thu 09-May-13 13:19:19

Try trish mcevoy faceshapers.

Has bronzer illuminator power, and blush in one just lovely.

doubleshotespresso Thu 09-May-13 13:15:02

Wattsup is brilliant (by Benefit) but agree that Vaseline works a treat too for daytime.

Also bobbi brown shimmer brick maybe? These are great multi use palettes and come in loads of different colourways....

JamEyelid Thu 09-May-13 11:59:03

I use NARS illuminator in shade Copacabana.

KatoPotato Thu 09-May-13 11:57:11

High Beam, it's also good but I think the Wattsup is a nicer finish IMO.

iamnowawhaticallmother Thu 09-May-13 11:45:47

I also recommend Benefit. They used to do a pink bottle - can't remember the name. Highlighter. They are fab.

medjool Thu 09-May-13 11:38:45

Soap and glory also have a glowy thing product - instant light or something - which you can use over or under make up which is lovely. There's also a really nice blusher in MAC's current special range which comes in white packaging (which I couldn't bring myself to buy purely based on the packaging) which has a bit of sparkle to it - just enough for a daytime glow rather than being super sparkly.

mirai Thu 09-May-13 11:19:28

Ooh looks like benefit has lots of glowy things, I will have a closer look! smile

KatoPotato Thu 09-May-13 10:44:37

I rate benefits 'wattsup' for not looking like a big streak of nonsense. Also their 'Fine One One' is a stacked cream blusher, contour and highlighter.

NomadicSneer Thu 09-May-13 10:44:26

I just use vaseline - works a treat!!

mirai Thu 09-May-13 10:43:13

So I look all dewy and glowy and shimmery?

And yet at the same time NOT looking like I've put a load of sparkly silver stuff on my cheekbone and made it deathly white!

And, how do I use said mystery wonder product without it smudging my blusher underneath?

Thanks oh wise ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now