Navy eyelashes

(23 Posts)
Restorer Wed 08-May-13 16:52:06

So, i had my colours done, which was fun. I'm supposed to wear navy mascara , but tbh, i don't often wear mascara, but have my fair lashes tinted dark brown. Would blue/black be better, or too black, which is a big no for me?

valiumredhead Wed 08-May-13 17:11:56

I used to tint mine blue/black in the 80's grin

Hopefully Wed 08-May-13 17:14:34

Are you a spring or a summer?

Restorer Wed 08-May-13 17:54:17

Summer. The navy mascara looks surprisingly good-not really noticable that its blue, but it does do something for my eyes.

Have to admit i was worried- i remember electric blue mascara from the 80s too valium !

FattyMcChubster Wed 08-May-13 18:03:34

Blue/black should just give you a really deep intense black. It shouldnt give you blue eyelashes.

Restorer Wed 08-May-13 18:07:23

Hmm, I'm not allowed black!

Wondered if it would be just blue enough to not be black iyswimp, like the navy mascara

Dollydowser Wed 08-May-13 18:28:45

Where can I buy navy mascara?

Restorer Wed 08-May-13 18:42:00

Mine is from House of Colour

Dollydowser Wed 08-May-13 18:45:49

Thankyou smile

hollyisalovelyname Wed 08-May-13 21:27:12

No. 7 do it but it's not great. Isadora make up brand do it too.

rubyflipper Wed 08-May-13 21:32:21

l'oreal do one that is marketed for people with blue eyes but it's suitable for everyone.

doubleshotespresso Wed 08-May-13 22:39:33

Superdrug have a brand called 2True which is chep as chis in nasty pavkaging, but their navy mscara is a lovely deep rih midnight blue, nt at all 80s, very subtle and lasts ok.

Otherwise try GOSH, Nars or Mac.

doubleshotespresso Wed 08-May-13 22:41:15

Sorry for typos- ipad not liking me this evening!

dontyouwantmebaby Wed 08-May-13 22:57:45

I read somewhere many, many years ago that navy mascara was the best one to use to make your eyes stand out and look brighter & clearer, I tried it and at the time thought it worked well.

But you need a proper navy, quite dark with not too much blue in it. The one I got at the time was max factor 2000 calorie (I think)....was so long ago so could be wrong. Don't wear it now as am addicted to the plum mascara from benefit as that suits green eyes well. But I might see if I can find it again.

ggirl Wed 08-May-13 23:02:20

ooh yes I remember wearing this in the 80's
it's lovely..used to be everywhere
I may just seek some out now

EarlyInTheMorning Thu 09-May-13 05:57:05

I use deep blue mascara from max factor

Hopefully Thu 09-May-13 06:12:59

Hmm, is there no navy option for tinting? TBH neither blue-black or brown are going to have the look of navy, iykwim. If you'd been a spring I would have said brown. If you happen to be a Brown Summer you could probably do brown, otherwise it's either navy mascara or brown eyelash tinting and accepting it won't give you that lovely look that navy mascara does on summers. Campaign for navy tint!

FattyMcChubster Thu 09-May-13 07:25:26

I'm pretty sure you can get blue tint at a beauty suppliers but I don't know any salons that use it. Blue black will only ever look black. You wont see the blue at all.

valiumredhead Thu 09-May-13 09:11:52

There IS a navy tint! I used to use it, still available as far as I know.

valiumredhead Thu 09-May-13 09:12:26

Blue/black does look navy, or it does on my lashes anyway.

valiumredhead Thu 09-May-13 09:31:56

Eylure blu/black tint is still sold in Boots - have just googled.

sweetheart Thu 09-May-13 10:39:41

I'm a summer and I never wear black mascara - it makes me look like I'm dead! I have a navy mascara from No 7 that I really like - my only gripe is that I would like a waterproof one as I touch my face a lot which often means smudged mascara. I wear brown / black as a daily alternative but I do love my navy mascara too!

auldspinster Thu 09-May-13 12:15:57

I've got lash stiletto mascara in navy that i got from Discount UK, it's really good, try ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now