Thin, floaty, long-sleeved kaftan/tunic that doesn't make me look pregnant - where from?

(20 Posts)
Corygal Wed 08-May-13 19:28:55

Zara always do fine silk and cotton ones about this time of year. Cheap chic at its best.

BranchingOut Wed 08-May-13 19:25:49

The only thing to bear in mind is that the very lightweight cotton might not offer the UV protection you need.

Have you looked at walking/climbing tops, designed to protect from the sun. They are often vented and very breathable for tropical climates.

BranchingOut Wed 08-May-13 19:23:50

Ooh, thanks for the mudd and water link!

StoicButStressed Wed 08-May-13 13:14:23

capped OR midi sleeves

NOT 'capped of midi sleeves!'

StoicButStressed Wed 08-May-13 13:12:57

Think problems will be finding one that DOES fully cover you (as most seem to be capped of midi sleeves); that isn't uber sheerblush as whilst vest under just a top would work, that wouldn't be a kaftan that would be light & cool everywhere... but those that WOULD fully cover you do seem to be of the beachy/see-through kind.

Found THIS ONE that looks nice - and is only £20 iircsmile but my best tip would be to look at the kaftan and then look to the left of screen where TKMaxx has their 'sort' results boxes. As then you have a list of c.20 of what you KNOW are kaftan brands/designers and can then google each of THOSE - will be a lot more specific in terms of searching and hopefully yield some good finds.

Good luck!

CakeInMyFace Wed 08-May-13 12:47:27

You could also try Mudd and Water - all their tunics are made from cotton + they are an ethical company so an added bonus. Quality is suberb, I have a knit stripey one from there.

www.muddandwater.com

CakeInMyFace Wed 08-May-13 12:45:20

Have you tried Fat Face? They do some nice summery / lightweight tunics plus they have a sale on at the moment. I have a long sleeve tunic from there that is very thin and lightweight. Worth a look.

teta Wed 08-May-13 12:39:10

Tk Maxx have several cotton ones at the moment.

BranchingOut Wed 08-May-13 11:51:58

There are lots of sellers on eBay who do offer this.
Hope you find something.

MrsJohnDeere Wed 08-May-13 09:15:25

Not a fan of eBay.

I like free/no quibble returns.

BranchingOut Wed 08-May-13 07:43:57

Search on eBay?

MrsJohnDeere Wed 08-May-13 07:41:50

Love that Celtic one. Thank you.

shopalot Tue 07-May-13 22:14:28

I have just bought a gorgeous (but expensive imo) tunic from Celtic sheepskin. I am tempted to buy the white one as well as it is lovely. here

5madthings Tue 07-May-13 16:57:59

I was going to say white stuff.

Have you tried fatface or joebrowns.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 07-May-13 16:56:22

Brora one is nice (but pricey) but I'd look ridiculous in it - am very short.

dottyaboutstripes Tue 07-May-13 16:02:05

I'm a little bit in love with this Brora one but it's expensive

MrsLettuce Tue 07-May-13 15:33:30

this in the creM?
maybe
too long? THey have several in this general shape

MrsJohnDeere Tue 07-May-13 15:00:06

No, forgot about them (really am clueless about clothes shopping grin).

Off to google.....

dexter73 Tue 07-May-13 14:42:25

Have you looked at Monsoon?

MrsJohnDeere Tue 07-May-13 14:40:30

Been googling and drawn a blank but I am useless at clothes shopping.

I'm not allowed out in the sun without being fully covered (just had chemo so burn in a flash) and hate being too hot. Today I'm wearing a long-sleeved cotton shirt over a vest and I'm too hot, and it is only 21degrees. So thin fabric is key (will wear a vest top under it).

Boden have one that is ok but only ok. Nothing suitable from John Lewis, White Co, White Stuff.

Has anyone spotted anything anywhere else. Has to be online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now