Why is my big toe made of sandpaper ?

(7 Posts)
Marylou2 Mon 06-May-13 20:23:47

Sorry forgot to say that a good helping of Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream & wrapping feet in cling film for an hour(tea/wine/TV) also helps. What a glam life I lead!

Marylou2 Mon 06-May-13 20:20:21

Yes the hydrocortisone would be for eczema. If it calms the patch down I'd pop the GPs to let them look. Good luck with it.

JustinBiebermakesmevom Mon 06-May-13 19:53:01

Visitor - It's not sore, itchy or red so don't think it's Athlete's foot...maybe I'll just need to be brave and get my trotters out for the chemist to have a look at grin

VisitorTheDog Mon 06-May-13 19:46:46

Maybe athletes foot, so an antifungal cream like canesten?

JustinBiebermakesmevom Mon 06-May-13 19:37:59

Hi, yes I've tried Flexitol, softened the rest of my feet but didn't do much to the dry patch. Is the hydrocortisone cream for eczema ?

Marylou2 Mon 06-May-13 19:29:12

Why not try a bit of 1% hydrocortisone cream from the chemist to see if the patch responds to it. Also have you tried Flexitol heel balm? It's very effective.

JustinBiebermakesmevom Mon 06-May-13 18:47:12

...that's what it feels like at least. There is a patch of skin on the big toe of my right foot (at the bend in the toe iyswim) which is like sandpaper. I've tried footfiles, foot cream, moisturisers the lot and nothing shifts it. Anyone got any suggestions ? I hate my feet at the best of times but this horrible dry patch is making it impossible to put fake tan or anything on to make them look any better. I'm wondering if it could be a touch of eczema or would that be elsewhere on my body too ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now