anyone tried No No hair remover

(9 Posts)
valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 13:02:47

It has dreadful reviews.

Modetta Thu 13-Jun-13 10:57:33

Hi Rockyroad,

I am Asian skinned and have suffered from stubborn bristley unwanted facial hair for decades. I was also told that Lazer was unsuitable for dark skin/hair. I then discovered plasma treatment. This works a bit like no no but is the real deal. It heats the hair root to 70 degrees and permanently destroys it. The hair drops out 2 weeks later. You may need to shave in between treatments but the result ia permanent. several treatments may be necessary but it really works. It's best to find a good salon. The initial cost is high but I pay £30 a session twice a year for upkeep.

Plasma works best on black hair so it's best done whilst you are young as it doesn't work on grey hair. I suffered from this problem right through my youth and discovered this miracle in my forties! Now in my fifties I have the odd grey hair but if you eliminate the follicles not even Grey's can come through. Good luck.

tillyandfriends Tue 07-May-13 12:09:13

rocky I'm not sure about the no no hair system, but I am in the middle of having laser hair removal with the Soprano xl machine, it's safe for dark skin.
www.almalasers.com/soprano_xl.jsp

HoneyStAngelo Tue 07-May-13 07:22:07

www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002MPY020

A much cheaper alternative is the wizzit which also has mixed reviews but as its so cheap it doesn't matter so much if it doesn't help.

Snowcatliveshere Tue 07-May-13 07:14:52

Got mine from the lovely qvc too. Didn't work so sent it back.

DearPrudence Tue 07-May-13 06:55:22

If it's the intense light thingy, I'm sure I read that it needs pale skin with dark hair. Not sure how light skin needs to be. If you buy from QVC like a previous poster you could try it and return it if it doesn't work.

knitknack Tue 07-May-13 06:30:23

They don't work! I was reading an article about them the other day, I've been racking my brain trying o remember where but I can't... I'm SURE it said they were no longer sold in America for that reason, sorry I'm so old my head no longer works!

HoneyStAngelo Mon 06-May-13 22:13:00

Yes, I got it from QVC. Sent it back as I got better results from shaving.

BOOTS have an IPL system with good reviews

www.boots.com/en/Boots-Smooth-Skin-Intense-Pulsed-Light-permanent-hair-reduction_117122/

rockyroadahead Mon 06-May-13 18:18:00

I have been suffering from hairy boobs and chin and your other normal unwanted hairy areas for years I wax my boobs but I have to shave my face because if I pluck or wax I get soo many ingrowing hairs that they leave scars I find shaving the only option.
I cant yet afford laser hair removal at the moment and as I am mixed race its not easy to find a salon that's willing to treat me or even have the correct equipment which then makes it that much more expensive to get treated !

I was thinking of trying No No hair removal but I have heard bad reviews on amazon and wanted to know if there was anyone out there who may be able to shed some light ....

should I or shouldn't I???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now