anyone tried No No hair remover

(9 Posts)
valiumredhead Thu 13-Jun-13 13:02:47

It has dreadful reviews.

Modetta Thu 13-Jun-13 10:57:33

Hi Rockyroad,

I am Asian skinned and have suffered from stubborn bristley unwanted facial hair for decades. I was also told that Lazer was unsuitable for dark skin/hair. I then discovered plasma treatment. This works a bit like no no but is the real deal. It heats the hair root to 70 degrees and permanently destroys it. The hair drops out 2 weeks later. You may need to shave in between treatments but the result ia permanent. several treatments may be necessary but it really works. It's best to find a good salon. The initial cost is high but I pay £30 a session twice a year for upkeep.

Plasma works best on black hair so it's best done whilst you are young as it doesn't work on grey hair. I suffered from this problem right through my youth and discovered this miracle in my forties! Now in my fifties I have the odd grey hair but if you eliminate the follicles not even Grey's can come through. Good luck.

tillyandfriends Tue 07-May-13 12:09:13

rocky I'm not sure about the no no hair system, but I am in the middle of having laser hair removal with the Soprano xl machine, it's safe for dark skin.
www.almalasers.com/soprano_xl.jsp

HoneyStAngelo Tue 07-May-13 07:22:07

www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002MPY020

A much cheaper alternative is the wizzit which also has mixed reviews but as its so cheap it doesn't matter so much if it doesn't help.

Got mine from the lovely qvc too. Didn't work so sent it back.

DearPrudence Tue 07-May-13 06:55:22

If it's the intense light thingy, I'm sure I read that it needs pale skin with dark hair. Not sure how light skin needs to be. If you buy from QVC like a previous poster you could try it and return it if it doesn't work.

knitknack Tue 07-May-13 06:30:23

They don't work! I was reading an article about them the other day, I've been racking my brain trying o remember where but I can't... I'm SURE it said they were no longer sold in America for that reason, sorry I'm so old my head no longer works!

HoneyStAngelo Mon 06-May-13 22:13:00

Yes, I got it from QVC. Sent it back as I got better results from shaving.

BOOTS have an IPL system with good reviews

www.boots.com/en/Boots-Smooth-Skin-Intense-Pulsed-Light-permanent-hair-reduction_117122/

I have been suffering from hairy boobs and chin and your other normal unwanted hairy areas for years I wax my boobs but I have to shave my face because if I pluck or wax I get soo many ingrowing hairs that they leave scars I find shaving the only option.
I cant yet afford laser hair removal at the moment and as I am mixed race its not easy to find a salon that's willing to treat me or even have the correct equipment which then makes it that much more expensive to get treated !

I was thinking of trying No No hair removal but I have heard bad reviews on amazon and wanted to know if there was anyone out there who may be able to shed some light ....

should I or shouldn't I???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now