Love, love, love Kiera Knightley's wedding outfit...

(24 Posts)
libertychick Mon 06-May-13 16:23:51

here

Why not recycle if you own something that lovely? And love that she is in flats. I want that entire outfit (not that it would look anywhere near as good on me!)

libertychick Mon 06-May-13 16:25:58
tethersend Mon 06-May-13 16:27:07

I bet she spent weeks putting together an outfit which looks as if she threw it on grin

Amrapaali Mon 06-May-13 16:31:37

I can't say her hubby's name without mentally shouting, "Right on!! Yeah!"

She is soooo flat in the boobage area shock A part of me wishes for those non-breasts...

pinkyredrose Mon 06-May-13 16:34:29

It's absolutely gorgeous. Simple yet stylish, it really suits her too.

MardyBra Mon 06-May-13 16:35:52

Is that a DM link? [suspicious]

santamarianovella Mon 06-May-13 16:42:06

i looove it liberty,i want that jacket,but i dont think its the same dress,it looks like it,but she is the face of coco madmoselle ,so im sure thats a couture outfit,but its so her.

Chubfuddler Mon 06-May-13 16:44:25

I love it. It's very polly montedore to pull an old ball gown out of the cupboard to get married in.

pinkyredrose Mon 06-May-13 16:48:15

No it's a People link!

dexter73 Mon 06-May-13 16:55:22

I think she looks lovely too. I read that the dress was Rodarte and the jacket was Chanel.

libertychick Mon 06-May-13 18:00:45

grin at Mardy I saw the picture in the Sunday Times originally but their website is subscriber only - I would never link the DM!!

I really do want a tulle skirt now but would probably look ridiculous - will have to make do with dressing up DD!!

amazingface Mon 06-May-13 18:28:22

So lovely. You couldn't do much nicer than that dress if you wanted a short style, so she was smart to give it another outing!
My wedding dress is blush too

<clearly tres fashionable>

She looks very pretty. It is a lovely dress, I wish I had the figure to wear something similar to it but I have too much junk in the trunk to get away with layers of tulle plus the top part would never contain my babylons grin

MardyBra Tue 07-May-13 07:23:14

Thanks liberty.

It's pretty but needs hoiking up a bit. grin

TheRealFellatio Tue 07-May-13 07:27:30

I think it's boring. and I say that as someone whose mantra is less is more.

And it really accentuates how completely flat chested she is, which she clearly doesn't care about, so good for her.

She could get married in a carrier bag and still look beautiful though.

MarshaBrady Tue 07-May-13 07:29:38

It's lovely, but too low. Pull it up a bit.

MardyBra Tue 07-May-13 07:30:00

Oi Fellatio. I've just accidentally clicked on a DM link in one of your threads angry grin

YouAreFired Tue 07-May-13 08:01:29

The weddings I've been to in France have all had two wedding dresses so I assumed this was just her first informal one for the obligatory service at the Hôtel de Ville.

Usually only a handful of friends and family go to the Hôtel de Ville, most invites are just to the main wedding. One of my friends did the Hôtel de Ville in her jeans and had the full on meringue at the full wedding later.

The ones I've been to, the bride has then changed into her proper bridal gown for the more traditional wedding service in a chateau or hotel or wherever the main venue is.

I assumed KK just raided her wardrobe for a cute dress for the Hôtel de Ville and she maybe had a full service ceremony and the big dress later at the proper wedding.

AnyFucker Tue 07-May-13 08:09:23

I think Keira is very beautiful and very stylish. She also looks extremely happy...good on her.

amazingface Tue 07-May-13 08:11:16

And it really accentuates how completely flat chested she is, which she clearly doesn't care about, so good for her.

Yes it does, TheRealFellatio, and I agree that there is no reason why she should care about being flat chested. Personally I think that strapless dresses look best on totally flat-chested starlets anyway.

YouAreFired I wondered that too. I bet there's another dress lurking somewhere...

ppeatfruit Tue 07-May-13 08:49:58

Yes pretty and good for her wearing flats and an old dress etc. but PLEASE can brides stop wearing effing strapless dresses why do they do it? its sooo boring, sorry for the rant blush

AndTwoBits Tue 07-May-13 08:52:14

She looks amazing - effortlessly chic imo!

ppeatfruit Tue 07-May-13 08:54:02

I saw one bride in france who was literally SQUEEZED (her boobs were spilling out under her arms! ) into a strapless top meringue skirt dress and she had an oily fake tan so looked exactly like a frankfurter in a frock grin.

YoniOno Tue 07-May-13 13:00:22

Absolutely beautiful.

I wish you got to have a wedding every 5 years or so. I loved my dress and my day, but I'd love the chance to do it all over again with a short dress, then with a Grecian one, then on a beach in flip-flops, then with a big princessy gown... <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now