Bra intervention - have I got this right?

(1000 Posts)
Wenchelda Mon 06-May-13 14:02:29

Hi - I'm new, hope its ok to come straight on with a question....I Somehow stumbled across one of the bra intervention threads a couple of weeks ago and have been following them in amazement ever since.

I've always worn an A cup (32/34 pre pregnancy, currently 36A) - never been measured professionally but always done it myself based on the "add 4 or 5 inches" rule. I have pretty much constant back ache and neck pain but never ever imagined this could be caused by boobs as they really are so tiny!

But after reading your fascinating threads, I think I should be a 30/32D! My measurements are 31 under bust, 35 at fullest point when bending over to 90 degrees, and 34 above. Have I got that right? If so I am truly truly in shock that my almost-not-there boobs are a D!!

Thanks

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Mar-14 16:06:54

Yep! Try a 30FF/G and a 32F/G.

LongislandTee Tue 11-Mar-14 16:15:31

Hi, would anyone be so kind and help me please.

36 under
44 around bust
I am wearing a 38D next bra at the moment, i know its wrong!

Thank you

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Mar-14 17:14:11

Hi, try a 36FF as a starting size.

Somersaults Tue 11-Mar-14 17:52:39

I feel like I won't be able to breathe in a 30/32 but I will try it next time I am out shopping!

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 11-Mar-14 18:29:05

hi sorrel

yes 38dd is small all over apart from band really.yes to quad boob etc etc

Furlined... I think what is probably happening is that the 40 is too big in the band, so when you scoop in the 40 its not really doing anything. I'd probably stick with the 38, but try a cup that is quite a bit larger - if you have quad boob, underarm bulge and backfat then I'd hazard a guess that you probably need at least an extra 3 cups. Which would be a 38FFish. That's still quite a bit smaller than you measure at so you may well need even more than that

(your measurements suggest you need more like a GG/H)

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 11-Mar-14 18:52:00

ok thanks stats will give it a go smile

LongislandTee Wed 12-Mar-14 08:14:56

Thank you, i will try that size.

tarajupp Wed 12-Mar-14 16:00:55

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all on here. I am finally in a comfortable bra!

Used to wear a 34D when I was skinny, but bras would always ride up at the back and wondered where I was going wrong. Had shoulder pain all the time. Got pregnant and put on lots of weight - miserable time in non-underwired maternity and nursing bras. Had an M&S fitting and told now 38DD - the lady did tell me to 'scoop' but the band was never snug. Not really comfortable but too busy to do anything about it.

Now - lost 2.5st and bra doing nothing - saw this thread and measured - 35.5 under and 44 around - did my own fittings and now own some cheap M&S 34GGs and a 34G which are (mostly) comfy - some underam digging by the end of the day - but shoulders so much better already. I am planning to lose some more weight so don't want to spend much now but will definitely be reneasuring as I go and heading to Bravissimo in a few months.

Thank you again thanks thanks thanks

enormouse Thu 13-Mar-14 12:02:39

Hi again, wanted to update and say thanks.

I ordered a freya zara plunge to try on in a 28e. It looked quite big and I thought I'd have to send it back. But when I tried it on it fit perfectly. No gaping, quad boob or lifting away at the front. The shoulder straps even stayed up without having to tighten them to buggery. I had just fed ds before I tried it on and the cups still fit well.
It was from an outlet seller on eBay so I'm going to order a black and a white too.

So thank you lovely bra ladies, it's my birthday on Saturday and I'll be able to wear the dress I bought and not feel fat in it.

thanks thanks thanks

LizLemonsGlasses Fri 14-Mar-14 18:55:08

Success here also I think! Finally got to debenhams - a much better range than M&S. Tried on 32DD but I think the 32E is generally better - although I ended up buying a 2x padded t shirts debs own in 32E and a playtex non padded in 32DD. I reckon that's a good place to start smile.

Quick question though - when one boob is slightly bigger than the other, which one should be accommodated size-wise?? I sometimes feel I need to go up a cup for the left boob but then my right boob looks a wee bit 'lost' in the bigger size! Any advice?

Have a look here at the article on asymmetry

LizLemonsGlasses Fri 14-Mar-14 19:43:31

Thanks Stats! I'll try some of those tricks, should help i think.

britney92 Sat 15-Mar-14 17:03:57

I only came across bra intervention a few days ago wearing a 36C now in a 34F and omg it fits like a glove. Who knew

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 15-Mar-14 18:32:28

thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

tried 38g fits perfectly

you are amazingggggggggg

thanks thanks thanks

grin

Just to forewarn you - once you start scooping in a proper bra you might go up another cup size or two in the future as things start to gradually migrate back to where they belong!

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 15-Mar-14 19:18:20

smile

McIntyreTer Mon 17-Mar-14 13:41:42

As a lifelong padded "A" cup wearer I was extremely sceptical about this. However, lately I have been uncomfortable and unable to find a good fit. So armed with tape measure I see that under the old rules I would be a 40A. But following the new formula I would be a 36E. Never!! But I ordered a couple of cheap bras from Tesco and was very surprised to find that they actually fitted! The style didn't quite suit as I'd got full cup and the top lace was a bit baggy and I felt very strange without the padding. But I am now looking forward to buying some decent bra's in my new size!

Charleymouse Wed 19-Mar-14 11:06:35

Hi
Can you advise what I might be, my measurements are 38 and 49. Am I right in thinking this puts me in the 38 GG 38H camp?
Currently wearing a 38 D with a distinct double boob today DOH.
Cheers CM

BirthdayMuppet Wed 19-Mar-14 11:54:47

Yup, try 38H and also 36HH and sizes around.

Charleymouse Wed 19-Mar-14 16:09:42

Thank you
will get something tried on, any recommendations for this sizing?
Cheers

SorrelForbes Wed 19-Mar-14 22:25:33

I'd try some brands like Panache, Cleo, Freya, Curvy Kate first of all as they are designed for larger busts and have strong wires (especially Panache!).

What styles do you like?

goldopals Fri 21-Mar-14 08:55:52

I need help! I measure 26.5 (tape held tight) underbust and 30.5 overbust. Would this make me a 26D or 28C?

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Mar-14 09:21:21

A 26D/DD but 26s are very hard to find. This company make them and some M&S Limited collection padded plunges come up very small in the band.

Alternatively you can try a 28C/D and adjust the back with one of these or with a bit of needlework.

Allybear1 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:00:15

Hi there can you help me with sizing I'm a 32 under breast and 36 breast measurement at 45 degree angle currently in 34 EE

This thread is not accepting new messages.