Joe Browns

(15 Posts)
pumpkin2012 Sun 05-May-13 19:31:59

Has anyone bought from here? A leaflet came with a magazine I bought & the clothes look nice.
Have requested a catalogue but was just wondering if they are good quality etc....

Clure Sun 05-May-13 20:11:56

I have a couple of things, some nice clothes but think a bit over priced. I got this skirt for this summer. A couple of years ago bought a pair of biker boots which i'm still wearing. Think their sizing is quite generous.

StrangeGlue Sun 05-May-13 20:13:43

Oh I was about to ask this! What do people think of the clothes in general?

letseatgrandma Sun 05-May-13 20:16:15

I've got lots of Joe Brown clothes-they're lovely. Good quality; far better than Boden. The dresses can be a bit long if you're short, that's the only thing I find.

Naebother Sun 05-May-13 20:16:16

Similar to white stuff, fat face.
I find the colours too faded and insipid.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Sun 05-May-13 20:31:57

I love their stuff, have lots of it so does my oh. Really lovely stuff

A bit hit and miss for me size wise but I usually buy in the sales to keep costs down and think the quality is pretty good for the prices. I also have biker boots from 2 years ago that have been lived in and are still looking great.

BikeRunSki Brazil Sun 05-May-13 20:35:22

Watch out if you are fussy about acrylic (like me, can't stand it). The knitwear can be very plasticy.

McPrice Sun 05-May-13 20:38:05

i've bought knitwear,boots,flat sandles, tops very nice grin

Selks Sun 05-May-13 20:41:24

It's all too overly frilly and patterned for my tastes. I like the boho look but think they take it too far. Saying that I did buy a plain ish (for them) cardigan from them last autumn which seemed decent quality and washed well. Tad overpriced generally though.

pumpkin2012 Mon 06-May-13 07:39:42

Hmm some interesting comments! I will give it a go but wait for a sale perhaps! smile

I've quite a few of their things - mostly bought in their (fairly frequent) sales.

Some are great - I have a few tunics with tie backs that are a size or 2 too big, but I still wear them. But I've sent stuff back when it was different on me than it looked in the catalogue.

pumpkin2012 Mon 06-May-13 13:04:02

Are the sizes on the large side?

letseatgrandma Mon 06-May-13 14:32:03

I think sizing is pretty accurate-maybe v slightly on the large side. I'm a 12 and sometimes have to buy a 14 to accommodate my boobs, but can always buy their 12s. Maybe they're a looser style as well.

A lot of it is very frilly and fancy, also too many asymmetric hemlines for me, most of the things I have bought and kept have been plain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now