Boyfriend jeans - night out?

(33 Posts)
issimma Fri 03-May-13 13:50:12

What would you wear with them for a casual night out?

Yes with a fancier top and shoes.

I wore mine out the other night with a plain grey marl tee, big statement collar necklace, white cowboy boots and a leopard print fur coat.

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 17:03:01

White cowboy boots.
That's just wrong

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 17:03:34

I'd do neon courts. Pointy toes. Think pepsie and shirlie

gruffalocake Fri 03-May-13 17:08:25

I like neon courts idea. I wore mine out with black courts orange (neon) shirt and blazer. Definitely needs the right heels to give the right look for evening I think.

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 17:22:30

Mine aren't boyfriend. But looser straight light rinse.
I wore those shoes and a pleather jacket scarf and loose knit iirc

noddyholder Fri 03-May-13 17:24:44

I am wearing a pair today have been out for lunch to a nice gastro type place. White broderie top navy blazer and strappy heels Easy I think and not too smart Mine have a worn/rip bit on thigh which I am a bit hmm about but such a good fit I have overlooked it smile

That's just fucking awesome Nehru

In their defence they are ankle height and devoid of spurs.

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 17:26:32

Lol at spurs. White? Hmm

Agree that neon courts would look good though. Dolly Parton not for everyone.

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 18:14:34

That's true.
Yawn winter clothes in general. And if might be sunny but it's cool

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 03-May-13 18:17:29

Noddy - where's your broderie top from please and are the jeans your zara ones? I fancy some ripped jeans but know DH will spend hours laughing at me if I wear them hmm

And I agree pointy mid-heel courts - I'd go for white because that is my current shoe obsession here or rather love the idea of them with silver sandals

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 18:34:10

They're too spensive

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 18:34:29

The whites.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 03-May-13 18:54:50

I know they are - I want them in the sale for £45. But haven't seen any cheaper version at that heel height.

So is 40 too old for ripped faded jeans then?

Ashoething Fri 03-May-13 19:11:11

Amber-you are very pretty and can wear most things well but those boots are an abomination!

dexter73 Fri 03-May-13 19:13:45

I think faded is ok but ripped is a no for me.

issimma Fri 03-May-13 19:22:30

Thanks all - pointy neon flats are on my wishlist - tried the asos liberty ones and they're rubbish so will keep looking. And if you come across any soft/off white broderie tops, send links this way!

Fuckitthatlldo Fri 03-May-13 19:22:48

Boyfriend jeans, slightly rolled up, worn with heeled courts, a nice tee, and a well cut blazer = a good look IMO. Smart but casual. Easy to wear but still a bit sexy. Stylish. Goes anywhere.

issimma Fri 03-May-13 19:23:41

Oh, and I agree with dexter. I went for gap sexy boyfriends which are a bit faded but not ripped. I am not that cool. And def not cool enough for cowboy boots.

Nehru Fri 03-May-13 19:25:41

Flats?

Mominatrix Fri 03-May-13 19:28:14

Yes. I'd wear them with a great blazer, a simple loose T, stilettos, and stacks of bracelets.

Lol at abomination. I bloody love 'em! They have definitely been the most polarising item in my wardrobe.

I like my neon pink pointy flats with my boyfriends and a snake print pair too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now