I want my bushy brows back

(16 Posts)
MadBusLady Fri 03-May-13 17:16:43

By the way, is there any particular reason why this can't work on scalp hair?

<eyes DP's head>

MadBusLady Fri 03-May-13 17:16:07

One of the things I am truly grateful to my mother for (apart from all the food, shelter, education, love, nurturing blah blah) is she enjoined me not to overpluck as a teenager.

There used to be girls at school who shaved their eyebrows off and then drew them back on with a pencil. shock

I took a before pic on my DD iPod but she deleted it hmm

Don't know about the other brands but Revitalash was invented by a USA based opthamologist for his wife after she lost her brows/eyelashes.

They do have a hair treatment but the reviews aren't so good.

finickypinickity Fri 03-May-13 17:05:31

grin Take before and after pics, i really wish i hadangry

grin Yes you would have thought. Have I just bought snake oil?

Will report back. Project Brooke is go.

finickypinickity Fri 03-May-13 16:32:35

It does make you wonder what the active ingredients are in rapid brow/lash. You would have thought the men would have caught on to cure baldness by nowconfused

Too true. Pencil thin = fallen woman, wink

I'm getting some of this rapid brow do you drink it

BanoffeeSplitz Fri 03-May-13 15:38:10

"I read somewhere that thin brows are seen as 'common', and royalty mustn't overpluck."

You could be on to something there, esp. considering the eyebrows of Wallis Simpson grin, p'raps that was the real reason they couldn't stand her. Also reckon Princess Margaret fond of a shaped eyebrow during her more wayward phase, over-plucked eyebrows must bring back dreadful memories for them...

I'd love to have my Brooke Shields eyebrows back, I was always careful not to overpluck during the 80s, then about 1994 I suddenly wanted to have arched brows like Lisa Stansfield.

I'v been using revitalash and revitabrow since January. (Mainly for my eyebrows which I had butchered since my teens blush )
I wasn't holding out much hope especially for my eyelashes but I'm very impressed. smile

I'm doing a 2-3 times a week maintenance now. I do wear mascara on non-work days and I'm really pleased (have to use eyelash curlers for maximum oomph) but I don't need to use eye-pencil now. Just comb with clear gel.

Revitalash and Revitabrow are available online but I got mine from QVC . It's ££ and it doesn't work within their 30 day moneyback guarentee.I was thinking "That's a crock of pooh" after 6 weeks , then it worked after maybe 8-10 weeks.

Spookey80 Fri 03-May-13 14:02:25

A few years ago I grew back my overplucked brows. IMO, they look so much better now, that, even though it took a while, I now just maintain a good shape, but looks much smarter, ifykwim.

Sounds encouraging!

It's so strange isn't it, I HATED my eyebrows, now bushy is back.

Interestingly, although Kate Middleton isn't exactly a style icon, have you noticed her brows have thickened since getting engaged. I read somewhere that thin brows are seen as 'common', and royalty mustn't overpluck. Was studying photos of the Queen and Queen Mother and they have very natural brows, as did Diana.

I may be over thinking this grin

wreckitralph Fri 03-May-13 13:18:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wreckitralph Fri 03-May-13 13:17:33

wreckitralph Fri 03-May-13 13:17:13

finickypinickity Fri 03-May-13 13:02:20

I've been using rapid brow as i have over plucked my ex Madonna-esque eyebrows to nothingangry

I can really see the difference within 8 weeks. Its expensive but i am having to pluck from places that i havent had to touch in yearsconfused

I have no idea how it works but in my case it has definitely worked. I wish i had taken before and after pics but i didnt expect it to work tbh.

I had enormous brows as a teenager and was teased mercilessly. They were like Cara's So plucked them too much. Also fashionable then I guess to have thin brows.
I want them back!

Have not plucked for a week and they are growing back patchily and I use Browzings anyway so they look ok. But, has anyone used the eyebrow equivalent of rapid lash? Does it work? Have heard castor oil works too. Any experiences to share?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now