So these skinny flares...tell me more?!

(11 Posts)
Neena28 Fri 03-May-13 12:28:29

Posted a plea a while ago about hoc and being a winter etc but also that I'm now a bit apple-y of shape. Got a suggestion for a skinny flare jean. Have been on Pinterest and love the look and know I can pull it off. But can't find any bloody jeans that are like that!

I'm 5'8" but have long legs so need a long or extra long as would prob wear with heels a lot. Although am happy to buy a couple of pairs to suit flats and heels. Am a size 12 ish but am more tum than bum.

I've flogged most of my colour unsuitable wardrobe so not too worried about cost.

Please help?!

Annianni Fri 03-May-13 12:31:59

I'm 5ft 7, size 14 but a size 16 tum sad
And I've got some Hudson beth baby bootcuts and they are fab. I had to chop about 4 inches off the length, to wear with flat shoes.

Annianni Fri 03-May-13 12:33:47

They are generous size wise though, mine are a 31 and if i got another pair, I'd try a 30 to compare.

Neena28 Fri 03-May-13 12:35:21

Thank you. Will have a look at them. Do they hold their shape quite well? Am paranoid about saggy arse and knees.

Neena28 Fri 03-May-13 12:36:56

Just had a look I think I need more flared than that hmm. Thanks tho.

Annianni Fri 03-May-13 12:39:12

They are fine when they're clean on, but on day 2 I feel a bit slouchy, rather than snug iykwim.
That's why I'd like to try a smaller size.

I think house of fraser has some in the sale for £100 ish.

I paid just over £50 for mine in the Donna Ida sale and I love them.

Annianni Fri 03-May-13 12:42:07

Ok. I did try some Goldsign passion flares a few weeks ago.

They were on yoox.com for £50 ish
They are lovely soft denim, and more of a bootcut.

issimma Fri 03-May-13 12:44:04

<whispers> Boden. Their skinny flares are great and were £25 in the sale.

chartreuse Fri 03-May-13 12:54:14

I tried on Oasis Eva baby bootcut today. I think I like it but it looks so, so different to the skinnies we've all become used to. No arguing about the leg lengthening qualities though, I looked inches taller!

Lonelynessie Fri 03-May-13 12:54:49

How about these plus they come in different colours too.

QueenCadbury Fri 03-May-13 14:44:37

I love my sexy boot but they may not be as flared as you want them? Years ago gap did a proper skinny flare which I have and adore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now