Dermaflannel

(66 Posts)
thedancingboro Thu 02-May-13 18:26:09

I have heard its good (from MN) so was going to get one -- however, on the website the P&P charges are really high (for a flannel!!!) so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is available offline in any shops? Thanks!!

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 27-May-13 18:43:06

yes re: la roche posay, I have resorted to putting my own labels on the stuff I buy saying day cream / night cream/ spot cream etc as I buy then forget... however I do find that it works. I also use the Bravura stuff which is heavy duty but awesome. DH said tonite that he 'thought I was looking more glowy but wasn't sure if its cos my skin looks nice and clean or cos my hair is soft and shiney' I have also used the brazilian straightening kit from amazon, nice he has noticed a difference shock

ggirl Sat 25-May-13 21:51:11

God yes all those french makes are so confusing , I stand there for ages wwith my reading glasses trying to decipher the labels and remember which ones have been recommended,,tis a minefield

bulletproofgerbil Sat 25-May-13 19:44:24

Bubbakin you aren't the only one totally confused by the La Roche range. There are so many different kinds/ranges, and I have absolutely no idea which would be best. Can never seem to find any assistants around when I go into Boots either so have given up. Hope you find the flannels help. I got the Amazon ones which I really like (as did DD who has bumps/lumps/blackheads) but have bought us both a proper Dermaflannel each for a deeper scrub.

bubbakin Fri 24-May-13 23:01:30

Thank you, up n down it is then, so to speak! Will get some la Roche posay when next in boots. Last time I was there I ended up getting Dr nick Lowe stuff as couldn't work out what best suited my skin in the la Roche range (am I the only one who finds their boxes nightmare to understand?) And potions I bought were pants, skin hasn't improved in slightest.

PavingAnotherRoad Fri 24-May-13 19:31:51

I find the texture of these similar to the dermaflannel, but gentler - perfect for everyday use (for me). I still make use of my dermaflannel once or twice a week for a 'deep scrub'

www.wilko.com/scourers-cloths+rubber-gloves/spontex-kitchen-cloth-long-lasting-x-2/invt/0300111

Have also just seen this when I was looking for my current cloths, and am wondering whether to give it a go:

www.wilko.com/scourers-cloths+rubber-gloves/no-more-chemicals-bathroom-cloth-blue/invt/0283975

All the ones recommended on Amazon here are now out of stock. Will any old microfiber cloth do?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 24-May-13 10:03:23

I soak mine in hot water, rub the face wash or cleanser on my face then drape the cloth over for a minute or so then wipe with a gentle rub over my nose chin and the scar on my cheek, then I rinse in warm water and apply all my lotions and potions (bathroom like a flippin chemistry lab) have to say my skin looks brighter and is smoother. la roche posay effaclat K (gentle) or duo (harsher) is good for spots and pores.

ggirl Thu 23-May-13 22:44:13

The instructions I got with my dermaflannel say for blackheads and acne to rub in an up and down motion not circular..don't really iunderstand why but that's what they recommend.

bubbakin Thu 23-May-13 21:33:41

I've got the amazon ones. I've got lots lumps/spots under surface on cheeks to jaw line. They never go to a head so used my posh dish cloths after cleansing but found they took surface off the under skin spots making them red & couple have little scabs! I wasn't really harsh & didn't sting. so now looks worse than before! Is this right or am I doing it wrong?? Just use hot water on it, wring it out & do use circular motion all over face concentrating on cheeks n chin. Then rinse out in ice cold water & go over gently to close pores. So annoying, skin worse in my thirties than in teens!! And spent fortune on different potions! Thank you

mervynmouse Thu 23-May-13 20:34:57

I've been using cheapo ones from the pound shop three times a week and wouldn't go back! Really good for getting the impurities out from chin,forehead and nose but i go easy on cheeks. Major revelation on using one on my back- the filth! It made a few spots come up initially but now its looking lovely and clear. Also reckon it's good for tackling ingrown hairs after waxing.

bulletproofgerbil Thu 23-May-13 20:18:06

Thanks Step

Snog Thu 23-May-13 20:00:00

yes those are the ones
less abrasive by far than dermaflannel - kind of dermaflannel lite in effect as well as in price imo

OhCobblers Wed 22-May-13 21:59:09

Are these amazon ones the same?
www.amazon.co.uk/12-pack-30cmx30cm-Microfibre-Kitchen-Dishcloth/dp/B00BKXMT00/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_2

As they don't have "deep" in the title like the cream ones, and not sure if they'll be as effective?

DIddled Wed 22-May-13 21:07:57

Ordered thanks Step xx

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 22-May-13 08:54:00

its this one

bulletproofgerbil Tue 21-May-13 09:35:22

My 'real' Dermaflannel arrived yesterday and I went a bit mad with it and now have grazes on my cheek and a worse one on my chin!!! They ARE more exfoliating then the Amazon ones for sure! My face isn't sore though and the non grazed bits look clear and bright.

I sent DD 2 of my Amazon flannels and she loves them and said in 2 days they've nearly cleared the blackheads and large pores on her nose. She said it's done more in 2 days then all the creams/potions etc she's tried over the last 5 years. So am chuffed for her. Step what spray is DS using please? So glad he's getting good results.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Tue 21-May-13 08:55:51

didled I got some cheapy ones and gave DS one, he likes it a lot, have to say his spots are fading but could also be the spray stuff I bought him too, the one that featured in embarrassing bodies apparently, works wondrrs on his back.

DIddled Mon 20-May-13 21:56:57

Hmmm been using for about 5 days- the amazon fake version. Jury still out here. I am using my son as an additional test- have give him one of his own for his spotty little teenage face (bless). Will report back!!

Sugarice Mon 20-May-13 17:59:13

StepAway thanks for that, I'll get some tomorrow.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 20-May-13 17:12:54

i use mine sparingly so would drop to 2-3 times a week. I bought some la roche posay cicplast (sp) when I got a bit flakey and sore after too much rubbing and salycic acid. its calmed down now.

Sugarice Mon 20-May-13 16:02:24

Bumping this for advice, I've been using the flannel for a couple of weeks now every other night.

My skin has started to flake across my cheeks and my chin has become spotty which is unheard of, I assume the flannel is dragging out impurities under the skin. I used my glycolic peel last night hoping this might shift the flakiness.

Should I give my skin a rest now from the flannel? , that's my instinct but the flakiness is driving me mad and I have an urge to scrub it away.

Any advice?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 20-May-13 10:19:18

washing is fine either by hand or machine but no fabric softener as it ruins it accord

ggirl Sun 19-May-13 22:40:25

I've washed mine in bio wash and it's fine

bulletproofgerbil Sun 19-May-13 22:22:47

How is everyone washing their flannels? Hand wash? Washing liquid/powder? I am not sure about putting it in machine with biological stuff in case I wreck its magic powers!

PullyWoolOver Fri 17-May-13 19:29:00

Glad to hear you're all doing well with the good old derma flan grin

Looking at my skin today, it has actually really improved since this time last week. Woohoo, this is the first thing that's had a real, proper effect on my tired old skin, tis amazing! <raises glass of wine to you all in celebration>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now