Dermaflannel

(66 Posts)
thedancingboro Thu 02-May-13 18:26:09

I have heard its good (from MN) so was going to get one -- however, on the website the P&P charges are really high (for a flannel!!!) so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is available offline in any shops? Thanks!!

bulletproofgerbil Tue 21-May-13 09:35:22

My 'real' Dermaflannel arrived yesterday and I went a bit mad with it and now have grazes on my cheek and a worse one on my chin!!! They ARE more exfoliating then the Amazon ones for sure! My face isn't sore though and the non grazed bits look clear and bright.

I sent DD 2 of my Amazon flannels and she loves them and said in 2 days they've nearly cleared the blackheads and large pores on her nose. She said it's done more in 2 days then all the creams/potions etc she's tried over the last 5 years. So am chuffed for her. Step what spray is DS using please? So glad he's getting good results.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 22-May-13 08:54:00

its this one

DIddled Wed 22-May-13 21:07:57

Ordered thanks Step xx

OhCobblers Wed 22-May-13 21:59:09

Are these amazon ones the same?
www.amazon.co.uk/12-pack-30cmx30cm-Microfibre-Kitchen-Dishcloth/dp/B00BKXMT00/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_2

As they don't have "deep" in the title like the cream ones, and not sure if they'll be as effective?

Snog Thu 23-May-13 20:00:00

yes those are the ones
less abrasive by far than dermaflannel - kind of dermaflannel lite in effect as well as in price imo

bulletproofgerbil Thu 23-May-13 20:18:06

Thanks Step

mervynmouse Thu 23-May-13 20:34:57

I've been using cheapo ones from the pound shop three times a week and wouldn't go back! Really good for getting the impurities out from chin,forehead and nose but i go easy on cheeks. Major revelation on using one on my back- the filth! It made a few spots come up initially but now its looking lovely and clear. Also reckon it's good for tackling ingrown hairs after waxing.

bubbakin Thu 23-May-13 21:33:41

I've got the amazon ones. I've got lots lumps/spots under surface on cheeks to jaw line. They never go to a head so used my posh dish cloths after cleansing but found they took surface off the under skin spots making them red & couple have little scabs! I wasn't really harsh & didn't sting. so now looks worse than before! Is this right or am I doing it wrong?? Just use hot water on it, wring it out & do use circular motion all over face concentrating on cheeks n chin. Then rinse out in ice cold water & go over gently to close pores. So annoying, skin worse in my thirties than in teens!! And spent fortune on different potions! Thank you

ggirl Thu 23-May-13 22:44:13

The instructions I got with my dermaflannel say for blackheads and acne to rub in an up and down motion not circular..don't really iunderstand why but that's what they recommend.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 24-May-13 10:03:23

I soak mine in hot water, rub the face wash or cleanser on my face then drape the cloth over for a minute or so then wipe with a gentle rub over my nose chin and the scar on my cheek, then I rinse in warm water and apply all my lotions and potions (bathroom like a flippin chemistry lab) have to say my skin looks brighter and is smoother. la roche posay effaclat K (gentle) or duo (harsher) is good for spots and pores.

piemashandliquer Fri 24-May-13 10:16:09

All the ones recommended on Amazon here are now out of stock. Will any old microfiber cloth do?

PavingAnotherRoad Fri 24-May-13 19:31:51

I find the texture of these similar to the dermaflannel, but gentler - perfect for everyday use (for me). I still make use of my dermaflannel once or twice a week for a 'deep scrub'

www.wilko.com/scourers-cloths+rubber-gloves/spontex-kitchen-cloth-long-lasting-x-2/invt/0300111

Have also just seen this when I was looking for my current cloths, and am wondering whether to give it a go:

www.wilko.com/scourers-cloths+rubber-gloves/no-more-chemicals-bathroom-cloth-blue/invt/0283975

bubbakin Fri 24-May-13 23:01:30

Thank you, up n down it is then, so to speak! Will get some la Roche posay when next in boots. Last time I was there I ended up getting Dr nick Lowe stuff as couldn't work out what best suited my skin in the la Roche range (am I the only one who finds their boxes nightmare to understand?) And potions I bought were pants, skin hasn't improved in slightest.

bulletproofgerbil Sat 25-May-13 19:44:24

Bubbakin you aren't the only one totally confused by the La Roche range. There are so many different kinds/ranges, and I have absolutely no idea which would be best. Can never seem to find any assistants around when I go into Boots either so have given up. Hope you find the flannels help. I got the Amazon ones which I really like (as did DD who has bumps/lumps/blackheads) but have bought us both a proper Dermaflannel each for a deeper scrub.

ggirl Sat 25-May-13 21:51:11

God yes all those french makes are so confusing , I stand there for ages wwith my reading glasses trying to decipher the labels and remember which ones have been recommended,,tis a minefield

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 27-May-13 18:43:06

yes re: la roche posay, I have resorted to putting my own labels on the stuff I buy saying day cream / night cream/ spot cream etc as I buy then forget... however I do find that it works. I also use the Bravura stuff which is heavy duty but awesome. DH said tonite that he 'thought I was looking more glowy but wasn't sure if its cos my skin looks nice and clean or cos my hair is soft and shiney' I have also used the brazilian straightening kit from amazon, nice he has noticed a difference shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now