Is it possible to pull off the 'tucked-in shirt' look...

(12 Posts)
Kikithecat Thu 02-May-13 17:02:11

I like the idea of the semi-tuck as it shows off your belt but I can't seem to do it without just looking like I don't know how to get dressed. Maybe it's cos I'm old.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Thu 02-May-13 15:06:37

I like a semi tuck!

I do it and look ok, I think...

Hopefully Thu 02-May-13 14:44:37

I can't ever do it - my style is too casual. I look really trussed up, regardless of whether I am a 10 or a 16.

SofaCanary Thu 02-May-13 14:28:49

Definitely agree with sleeves rolled up, much sharper. Looks better with flared jeans too for some reason, very Charlie's Angels.

DewDr0p Thu 02-May-13 14:08:19

Very good bra a necessity. Def one for post-ditch of nursing bras.

DewDr0p Thu 02-May-13 14:07:20

I manage it I think (hope!) Conditions have to be just right to pull it off though grin - the jeans need to be highish rise but not too much and sometimes it only works with rolled up sleeves (not sure why!)

I usually wear a little strappy vest underneath and then leave the front open quite far down though - perhaps that's not the kind of look you are after?

Xiaoxiong Thu 02-May-13 13:57:51

I have tried hopefully for years. I don't think so, with anything sad

Pootles2010 Thu 02-May-13 13:49:02

Oh god yes you need a decent bra if you're going to try! Also this look isn't really compatible with bf'ing anyway!

ellesabe Thu 02-May-13 13:47:35

Was thinking jeans.

It's such a pain. I have a few shirts that fit nicely around my bust but are saggy around the waist. If only I could tuck them in without looking like a saggy sandwich angry

I suppose it might work once I've ditched the nursing bras...

YoniOno Thu 02-May-13 13:45:05

Tucked into what? Into a high waisted pencil skirt, yes - but not into jeans or trousers IMO.

ellesabe Thu 02-May-13 13:40:44

...if you have enormous boobs? without looking like your tits are skimming your belly button

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now