HoC Autumn, was it a waste of money?

(30 Posts)
NotEnoughJamOnTheBread Thu 02-May-13 10:41:14

I've posted before about having had my colours done and being an Autumn Leaf. I couldn't really see what the HoC consultant was saying but have embraced her advice and have bought some clothes in the autumn colours, quite a few from the Kettlewell website. I've also seen my hairdresser and had my hair coloured a bit darker using the shades recommended from the information sheets given to me at my HoC consultation.

I'm finding it much easier to find 3 colours to wear each day as recommended by HoC but I'm still not feeling any 'wow' factor. I did the colour session with another lady and the HoC consultant had told us to "be prepared to receive lots of compliments" once we were wearing our colours but I haven't had a single comment. Nothing. Have I just wasted a load of money on clothes?!

NotEnoughJamOnTheBread Thu 02-May-13 17:03:06

Jemster its by bare minerals and its called warmth. Its actually an all over face colour but the lady at the makeup counter used it as a blusher on me. It looks extremely dark in the pot and you literally just need a tiny bit. I also bought the foundation powder in 'fairly light' and that looks great too.

The Clinique butter shine lipstick in Ambrosia is a great easy Autumn colour.

NotEnoughJamOnTheBread Thu 02-May-13 18:20:16

Thanks Travel, I'll have a look.

AlanMoore Thu 02-May-13 18:33:02

Wh your hair, it probably just is that it really suits you! If you really "notice" someone changing their hair it usually doesn't flatter. A lady at my work had her long hair cut into a very cute short bob and I couldn't work out what waS different for ages cos it looked so right!

Summer is hard if you are autumnal - I think I'm a soft autumn and there's not much that looks nice on me in the shops.

NotEnoughJamOnTheBread Thu 02-May-13 19:30:49

I'd not thought of it like that. Come to think of it, it took my mum all day to say anything about my hair AlanMoore so perhaps it took her all that time to actually notice what the change was. The summer is definitely slim pickings for our colours. On the plus side I'm whizzing through websites in seconds now I know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now