Sandal to wear with summer dresses suitable for lots of walking?

(136 Posts)
TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 07:43:53

I am going on holiday and it is a city holiday, not a by-the-pool type of holiday. I have some lovely new summery dresses and would like a nice pair of sandals to go with them.

So far everything I have seen that fits the bill have been way to granny-esque. I want a open toe rather than a toe-post and they need to have a strap of some sort, I don't want a slip on because all they do is slip off! I'd need them to have a half decent sole, not just the basic flat, hard sole that lots of sandals have because I won't be able to do a full day of walking in those basic soles. I think either metallic or brown tan would go with my dresses best.

And, I can only spend about £30, £35 max sad Any suggestions?

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Thu 02-May-13 14:26:59

Are these to grannyish?

They look comfy.

sparkle12mar08 Thu 02-May-13 14:43:21

Tevas. I live in mine in the summer, walk miles and miles in them, you can sling them in the washing machine, and they'll last for 6-8 years. Teva Kayenta are prettier but more expensive.

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Thu 02-May-13 14:43:51

Or how about these?

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Thu 02-May-13 14:44:19

TOO grannyish!

MrsWolowitz Thu 02-May-13 15:07:39

Oh I really like those clarks ones notasgreen

I bet they very comfy. I want them.

<sits on hands>

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Thu 02-May-13 15:32:40

Yeah, I thought they were nice. Good price too. I live in Spain and I just looked at them on their Spanish site and they're charging 70 euros! Bloody rip off.

TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 19:14:48

Wow, been out all day and just came to see if there were any suggestions. I'll have a look through all the links, thanks grin

AuldAlliance Thu 02-May-13 19:25:02

Won't you need two?
<<runs away>>

Josef siebel but maybe a bit ££

TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 19:46:50

Love the BHS ones, just won't be able to manage a wedge walking all day. Don't want the Merrell or Teva style walking sandals, I have some like those but these need to be suitable to walk but also to wear out at night to look smart.

I like these ones from Oasis but even with the discount code they are a bit pricey.

These are ok from BHS

These too but not sure how good they would be to walk in.

Can't decide if I like these ones

Like these ones from Next but not sure if they are granny-ish or not?

Do you think these would be comfy? Next again.

TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 19:47:33

Auld Maybe I can afford better ones if I only buy the left foot? wink

cornyderpy Thu 02-May-13 19:48:36

aspiga sandals are very comfy I reckon

Yonihadtoask Thu 02-May-13 19:51:42

I bought these

They look a lot nicer in real life- the pictures do no justice. I have them in white - but was also considering the tan.

Very, very comfortable.

bella65 Thu 02-May-13 19:55:31

The ones you link to at Next are very similar to many Clarks styles and I think Clarks would be comfier.

bella65 Thu 02-May-13 19:57:59

TBH I think you are looking for something that doesn't exist. sad
Comfy sandals have thick soles mostly- all the ones you link to have thin yet hard soles, especially the Oasis pair.

I'd say you need 2 pairs- one for walking- maybe a trainer or Converse style or a comfy Clarks pair- and a strappy pair for evenings.

BreasticlesNTesticles Thu 02-May-13 20:02:03

These are the mos comfy sandals ever here

I have loads of pairs

Branleuse Thu 02-May-13 20:04:56

i get a new pair of these every couple of years and I walk a lot. They are amazingly comfy and go with most things

Branleuse Thu 02-May-13 20:05:06

TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 20:05:46

I just hate the look of the thick soles, they look so utilitarian and granny.I need somewhere in between the two.

So not the very basic sole like these but not the granny soles either. It can't be impossible <<deluding herself>>

OhBuggerandArse Thu 02-May-13 20:06:36

I think Breasticles' ones are actually pretty good.

teacher123 Thu 02-May-13 20:17:57

these from clarks

I bought these last week, I teach and am on my feet all day, they're v comfy and bang on budget!

MrsWolowitz Thu 02-May-13 20:21:13

What about these

these ?

I think I'm going to buy these ones that notasgreen linked to upthread

Earth Spirit (comfy if a bit hmm )

FlyFlot (Italian sandles)

I bought some really dirt cheap (about £10) from Deichman years ago. Slight wedge ,three buckled straps across the front.
Could walk forever in them.
Drive in them
Only problem was they were noisy - sounded like I was farting every step blush

TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 20:36:40

Will check out Deichman, £10 and comfy sounds perfect, will see if they have anything I like.
Why is it so hard to buy sandals??????

TessTheTeacher Thu 02-May-13 20:43:00

70isalimit Like these in Deichmann

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now